LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 353 users in the forums

We should hire an offensive assistant for Singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When it comes to game-time decisions (timeouts, challenges etc..) I do not have faith in Coach Singletary. I believe that he should just stick to what he knows best; defense. But when it comes to making offensive decisions, leave them up to someone who knows what they are doing. Singletary learned from Nolan, and we all remember that guy's horrible decisions.
It may sound like a strange topic, but do you guys feel like Singletary really knows what he is doin when it comes to making offensive decisions?
He's not good at anything but unfortunately I think we are stuck with this fool for 2010.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

lol Dan Reves is that you? Hasn't alex had enough!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 11, 2009 at 23:17:39 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not good at anything but unfortunately I think we are stuck with this fool for 2010.

He is good at getting extra effort out of the same s**tpile of players that nolan had.

At least we show up at games now, under nolan we would lose before the opening kick off.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He is good at getting extra effort out of the same s**tpile of players that nolan had.

At least we show up at games now, under nolan we would lose before the opening kick off.

With moral victories + close games we are 11 - 1 in the ownership column. Plus we have great value at the HC position from a cheap salary by NFL standards.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
When it comes to game-time decisions (timeouts, challenges etc..) I do not have faith in Coach Singletary. I believe that he should just stick to what he knows best; defense. But when it comes to making offensive decisions, leave them up to someone who knows what they are doing. Singletary learned from Nolan, and we all remember that guy's horrible decisions.

you mean we should hire a COACH to make those calls and keep Singletary as his assistant and motivational guy ?
i agree but it won't happen man, don't dream ...
we aren't the f**king Redskins, he's not Mike Nolan, and no we dont need another Ted Tollner.....but thanks...
Originally posted by King49er:
we aren't the f**king Redskins, he's not Mike Nolan, and no we dont need another Ted Tollner.....but thanks...

I think that EVERY Head Coach could use an assistant to help him on the side of the game that he's not well versed in.

Bare with me now, but Coach Walsh ran the Offensive side of things. And although he COULD be overbearing he generally let his staff do their jobs. For YEARS Seifert ran the Defense with complete anonymity.

Sing just needs an assistant to tell him straight up to leave it to the guys that are paid to run the Offense. If they ain't doin the job then get rid of them and bring in someone who CAN do tha job.

~Ceadder
He already has one in Raye
No, he should let Raye do what he thinks is best and just be the head coach. He has enough on his plate learning to be a head coach. You guys seem to forget he is a rookie, and I think that he learns from his mistakes, no matter the what he tells the media.
This is why Norv Turner would be such a perfect pairing with Singletary . . . he just wouldn't have to worry about it anymore . . . give the guy an o-line and we'd be in business. Too bad Norv isn't cooperating.
No.
Share 49ersWebzone