LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

(POINT OF POSTING) Playoffs without Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First of all I do support the pick of Crabtree, and I do think he will improve the team moving forward. Where I think it has had a negative effect is that Mike Singletary did what was best for the team in training camp and in the preseason and he did not focus on Crabtree. He had no expectations of having an explosive receiving threat that would open up the offense. So the team worked all Summer on how they would be a run team. All the Offensive preparation, how the Offense was being installed by the coordinators, all was based on the run, months of preparation.

Pre Crabs I know the 49ers were starting to have more difficult time running the ball, but I feel if Crabtree wouldn't have came around they would of tried to get more creative with the running game. I think this would have taken more minor adjustments, there would have been less of a testing out stage. All the errors and mistakes that Singletary has been called on have been after all the changes in the offense. Don't get me wrong, I do believe this is best for the big picture, but do you think it sacrificed the season??

*********POINT IS**********************
Not that Crabtree should be gone but we as fans should expect the mishaps that have happened within the offense. The time outs being wasted, everyone not being on the same page. All these mistakes started to come up after the adjustments in the offense and not having focused on all of these things in the preseason.

[ Edited by tmg808 on Dec 11, 2009 at 16:23:51 ]
THE CLOWN HAS NO PENIS
No it didn't sacrifice the season. What sacrificed the season was the craptastic oline and a terrible secondary.
Holy crap...
No. I don't believe the Niners would have made the playoffs without Crabtree. You are not going to win over the long haul in the NFL without receivers being involved.
It just seems like a double edged sword then. You either change everything up and start over in the middle of the season which makes you open for mistakes. Or you hope you can think of something creative that will help the running game.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RonMexico:
THE CLOWN HAS NO PENIS
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Originally posted by luv49rs:
THE CLOWN HAS NO PENIS
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by luv49rs: