LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The truth of which type of offense scores more

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Your argument is retarded
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
i think your math is a bit off, excluding the 21 defensive pts from the Rams game.

Hill: 5.5 games
20 + 23 + 24 + 35 + 10 + 0 - 21 defensive pts = 91 pts
91/5.5 = 16.55 pts/game

Smith: 6.5 Games
21 + 14 + 27 + 10 + 24 + 20 + 17 = 133 pts
133/6.5 = 20.46 pts/game

In that sense, the Offense has been fairly consistent. Why are we losing now: The other team is scoring more points than us (shocking, no?).

You forgot the 7pts scored by our ST in the Minnesota game when you edited your original post, LOL. Hill's offense only scored 84 pts.

oh, i completly forgot about that. Will update.
i think your math is a bit off, excluding the 21 defensive pts from the Rams game and the 7 pts from ST in Minn. All pts are from offensive scoring only.

20 + 23 + 24 + 35 + 10 + 0 - 21 defensive pts - 7 ST pts = 84 pts
84/5.5 = 15.27 pts/game

133/6.5 = 20.46 pts/game

Smith has not had the luxury of defensive and ST points. Those aspects of a team help make it complete. As we can see, this team is better offensively, but its not a complete team yet.

Nice break down, I feel that there has been less 3 and outs as well.
Is there a way to put someone on ignore like in other forums?
Originally posted by tmg808:
i think your math is a bit off, excluding the 21 defensive pts from the Rams game and the 7 pts from ST in Minn. All pts are from offensive scoring only.

20 + 23 + 24 + 35 + 10 + 0 - 21 defensive pts - 7 ST pts = 84 pts
84/5.5 = 15.27 pts/game

133/6.5 = 20.46 pts/game

Smith has not had the luxury of defensive and ST points. Those aspects of a team help make it complete. As we can see, this team is better offensively, but its not a complete team yet.

Nice break down, I feel that there has been less 3 and outs as well.

You feel like that because it's true.
In the words of Keyshawn: "Come on man."
Originally posted by Overkill:
i think your math is a bit off, excluding the 21 defensive pts from the Rams game.

20 + 23 + 24 + 35 + 10 + 0 - 21 defensive pts = 91 pts
91/5.5 = 16.55 pts/game

133/6.5 = 20.46 pts/game

In that sense, the Offense has been fairly consistent. Why are we losing now: The other team is scoring more points than us (shocking, no?).

You forgot the 7pts scored by our ST in the Minnesota game when you edited your original post, LOL. Hill's offense only scored 84 pts.

And that offense had Gore getting just as many rushing TDs, two of them on 80 yard runs, than he's scored since Smith was starter. Assuming they go 3 and out on those two drives like they were doing on almost every drive back then Hill's offense only has 70 points.
Originally posted by Joecool:
You guys are blind.

Average points per game with 5.5 games with Hill:

Average points per game with 6.5 games with Smith:

I included Alexs Houston half.

I still think Smith should start, but this spread B.S. is what it is, B.S., especially this
Double TE I am not going to run the ball offense is a Joke.

We need to get our best receivers out there.

And to think, we didn't have Crabs then and Gore was out for 3 games.

Blind I tell ya!

Okay, let me put this to rest really quick. First off, we've only been running the shotgun consistently the last 2 games.

Okay, so take 2 of our best games with the 'smash mouth' and our last 2 games and compare the stats.

Last two games: 32 first downs, 119 total plays, 713 yards of total offense, 58:05 top.

For the 2 first games I'll take our BEST into account. I'll choose Minnesota and Seattle the first time we played them.

29 first downs, 112 total plays, 625 yards of total offense, 62:22 time of possession.

Of these stats the Seattle game counted for 16 first downs, 60 plays, 34:31 top, and 379 total yards. That is the only game we went over 300 total yards in the 'smash mouth.'

Just some stats for you guys to chew on.
This thread fails. They had handcuffs on Smith for a good part of his first couple games, besides Houston. Would you rather go back to run,run,run,punt?

Smith in the spread gives us the best chance of moving the ball down the field, /end thread.
Originally posted by krizay:
Did you take into account all of the defense and special team TD's Hill got?

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Your argument is retarded

You guys are blind.

I still think Smith should start, but this spread B.S. is what it is, B.S., especially this

Blind I tell ya!

WTF are you even talking about? This thread is so lame.

[ Edited by WestCoast on Dec 11, 2009 at 16:57:52 ]
What's the average of points per game for the offense? Remember Willis took a pick to the house, we had a blocked field goal for a touchdown and a fumble recovery in the end zone and I believe another fumble recovery ran back for a touchdown. That all happened in the first 4 games and we haven't had a score other than from our offense since.
You guys are blind.

Blind I tell ya!

Joe , I know you have to be smarter than this.......When you count all the drop passes we would be scoring more . And Joe, Hill is on the bench and is going to stay there , so just get over it or like another team .

[ Edited by xx49erfanxx on Dec 12, 2009 at 07:42:57 ]
Originally posted by el_hektor:
we haven't lost 4 straight games since switching over to raye-gun...

Whatever makes you feel better. Our opponents are scoring more because they are getting more possessions because of the "Raye Gun".

WTF with Hill we were 3 and out ! Joe , read your post and you will see how silly they are ....Another award winning post from you once again .....

[ Edited by xx49erfanxx on Dec 12, 2009 at 07:46:42 ]
Share 49ersWebzone