There are 255 users in the forums

Jason Hill vs. Josh Morgan.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Jason Hill vs. Josh Morgan.

Who would you rather play? IMO it's Jason Hill. He's faster, runs better routes and has better hands. Morgan gives up on routes, tips the ball into the air for interceptions and gets caught from behind.

I also don't buy the "well Singletary made him the starter so he is better." Sing also cut our return guy. Look what that got us. Sing also didn't know who his best QB was until 1/2 the season was gone. Sing also calls reverses when the game is in hand so we can fumble and give the other team the ball around the 10. And he calls timeouts on the first play of the game (great preparation).

I don't buy the argument that just becuase Sing does it he knows what he is doing. IMO it has proven this year he DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING.

So what is the WZ vote?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 10, 2009 at 23:41:08 ]
IMO morgan should stay on the field but, i do agree that hill should see more time
I have never been impressed with Morgan outside that one GB preseason game. Hill, on the other hand, produces even with such limited playing time, and he was a difference maker last year. Why he gets so few opportunities is beyond me.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
IMO morgan should stay on the field but, i do agree that hill should see more time

What makes you feel Morgan should stay on the field other than being a PREASEASON TIGER one game against the Packers one year?

In the regular season he has been known to tip the ball into the air for interceptions, give up on routes completely much like Delanie Walker and get caught from behind because he is slow.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I have never been impressed with Morgan outside that one GB preseason game. Hill, on the other hand, produces even with such limited playing time, and he was a difference maker last year. Why he gets so few opportunities is beyond me.

Because sing is stupid. I agree about the GB PRESEASON game. It's what people have in their heads. But in PRESEASON guys are just going through the motions anyway (VETS). It's when he made a name for himself. And I can't think of another real huge game and certainly almost none I can think of in the regular season.
Morgan is a good blocker in only his second NFL season. What do they say, receivers need to be given a three-year window before fair judgment can be passed?
I'm not a big fan of either anymore to be honest with you. Watching Morgan bothers me because he doesn't have the best hands, he's not as fast, he lets up on some plays, and he doesn't seem to run great routes. He's explosive but not fast I guess. I mean he doesn't get faster as he keeps going, like getting caught from behind after breaking that tackle and getting way out ahead of everyone.

Hill seemed quick and runs a good 40 time but he doesn't play that fast and he's gotten some PT the last few weeks and done absolutely nothing lately. He had that one good game with the 2 TDs and got us all excited and then he gets to play more and he pretty much does nothing.

The one guy I think is the real deal is Crabtree. Obviously he's better than the other 2 though, and I know both of them are young players but still. Morgan seems like he got overhyped and Hill has tools but at the same time he's really inconsistent. If Dez Bryant fell to us I don't think I'd be opposed to taking him.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'm not a big fan of either anymore to be honest with you. Watching Morgan bothers me because he doesn't have the best hands, he's not as fast, he lets up on some plays, and he doesn't seem to run great routes. He's explosive but not fast I guess. I mean he doesn't get faster as he keeps going, like getting caught from behind after breaking that tackle and getting way out ahead of everyone.

Hill seemed quick and runs a good 40 time but he doesn't play that fast and he's gotten some PT the last few weeks and done absolutely nothing lately. He had that one good game with the 2 TDs and got us all excited and then he gets to play more and he pretty much does nothing.

The one guy I think is the real deal is Crabtree. Obviously he's better than the other 2 though, and I know both of them are young players but still. Morgan seems like he got overhyped and Hill has tools but at the same time he's really inconsistent. If Dez Bryant fell to us I don't think I'd be opposed to taking him.
i like jason hill. whenever i've seen him on the field, i've noticed him block well and make plays. i NEVER understood why we ever took him out as the slot.
You all are amazing. The only thing you ever want is someone else. I hope nono of you ever get married.

They are both late round draft picks for a reason. Hill is overhyped by the Cali folks, and those who love .4 0 times. Morgan was overhyped by folks in general on this board. they both are barely average WR's that most on the board overhyped. Hopefully one of them can step it up a notch but I woudn't be surprised if they don't.

[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 11, 2009 at 08:09:17 ]
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
You all are amazing. The only thing you ever want is someone else. I hope nono of you ever get married.

No I just want the best player and right now he's not on the field.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I've got to say that our WRs look like they are in slow motion compared to receivers on other teams. Not sure why, but they don't seem to have the on field speed that I see on other teams. Maybe they are just not sure of their routes.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I've got to say that our WRs look like they are in slow motion compared to receivers on other teams. Not sure why, but they don't seem to have the on field speed that I see on other teams. Maybe they are just not sure of their routes.

Because they are slow with the exception of Jason Hill. We don't have any speed like Percy Harvin (MN), Devery Henderson (NO), Randy Moss (NE), Reggie Wayne (Colts). Elite teams have a speedy WR. We do not. The Steelers have Santonio Holmes for example as well.

Crabtree is a bulky, strong, possesion WR with good hands but he is not a fast, explosive guy. Morgan has to be the slowest WR on the team easily. He gets caught from behind and rarely makes big explosive plays.

We really do need a fast, explosive, dynamic WR who can go the distance. We don't have that on this team other than VD at TE.
I think this coaching staff is somewhat blind. How can they not see the potential in Jason Hill??
Share 49ersWebzone