LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

Lombardi-Jury still out on Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
What an awful article. I agree with the first comment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
man, way to a write an article that basically says nothing. You could have just written this in two sentences....

"Has Alex Smith proved himself as the 49ers starter? I don't know."

very true

This
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Seeing as how Lombardi sat next to Walsh during some of the greatest drafts ever and may have kept Al Davis in check in LA when they actually drafted well, I'm gonna go ahead and think he knows more about scouting and the NFL than everyone here combined.
Not a good article.
I hate this fat f%ck. He use to work for the Raiders and now he's an NFL insider on Inside the NFL. Supposedly works internally with the league, has sources and inside info .etc......

How do you get fired by the Raiders and then become an NFL insider?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This guy doesn't watch football at all. Ben Rothlesburger is 6 - 7 and it's because he is a terrible QB... Football is a team sport. We have a stupid coach who costs us games and our WR's and TE's are among the worst if not THE worst in the NFL at dropping passes. To top it off our D. has no pass rush and our Safety's are toast on big plays in game after game.

But it's because of Alex we are losing...

Alex has played the best football of his career and his throws right now are as accurate as any top 5 - 10 QB's in the league.

You make some good points, SD... Sing is certainly getting outcoached game after game. Although he is an excellent motivator, his weaknesses at managing games and drawing up game plans are evident and will need serious attention. Sing does seem to recognize his weaknesses so he may seek some help in these areas in the offseason. He is not going anywhere soon so he better.

Dropped passes are definitely a problem.... Alex would have significantly better stats if his receivers could hold on to the ball. Some of that is due to inexperience so I'm confident the team will improve next season in that area. It's amazing how far Alex has progressed this season. Makes me think that Mike Johnson (QB coach) is really doing a great job....future OC?

You are correct in that the lack of good play at safety is really getting glaring. Pass rush seems to be improving but still needs attention.

Bottom line is that this team still needs more talent and better coaching to be a legitimate contender. There was a time when the Niners outsmarted their opponents on a regular basis. Now the reverse seems to be true. Changes need to be made.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Anyone else notice that when we are leading at half-time, we score about 3 points in the second half (and then lose the game)? For some reason, the team tanks in the second half. I am not sure where to put the blame. In the last game, we had the bad field position, and the fumble in the second half, but except for the fumble drive, our offense never seemed to get on track.
Share 49ersWebzone