There are 212 users in the forums

Jed York on KNBR 12/10/09

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't want to listen to what that s***head has to say. I wish his family would just sell the team and go away.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 10, 2009 at 20:46:58 ]
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
All that from the same idiot who guaranteed the 49ers season won't end in December anymore. Good to see another losing and playoff less season is satisfactory enough for this ownership that they want to keep things status quo. Now I know what Detroit Lions fans feel like.

Yes, because continuity means nothing in the NFL.

-9fA

Continuity of failure = more failure.

So every team with a losing record should fire everyone.....

-9fA

No. We should keep scout Mcloughan as the GM and the only football guy in the front office. Let's forget about hiring some competent football people. Because that's what winning and successful franchises do. We should keep all the people who are responsible for another losing season for the sake of continuity.

That was the thing that bothered me, that he shut down the Holmgren thing without even giving it any thought. Like Scott's done a good job to be the unquestioned guy who picks the whole roster. IMO he hasn't.
I know a lot of fans want to fire everyone after a losing season, but seeing as though this hasn't helped us before, i'm willing to go with a little continuity this year.

-9fA

The only person I would like to see replaced is the GM. We would be so much better with a little addition by subtraction. Is he as bad as Joe Thomas? No way, but this is the most influential person on the team and should be the most capable. Scot doesn't exactly instill confidence.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 10, 2009 at 21:10:27 ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I know a lot of fans want to fire everyone after a losing season, but seeing as though this hasn't helped us before, i'm willing to go with a little continuity this year.

-9fA

The only person I would like to see replaced is the GM. We would be so much better with a little addition by subtraction.

We have an absolutely horrific HC. He gets out coached in every game. Our entire front office is garbage. And our owners are even worse. GM is far from the only problem with this team.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

-9fA

The only person I would like to see replaced is the GM. We would be so much better with a little addition by subtraction.

We have an absolutely horrific HC. He gets out coached in every game. Our entire front office is garbage. And our owners are even worse. GM is far from the only problem with this team.

Our front office is GREAT. Look at the cap hell we were in 4 years ago. We're now a talented team with 54 million dollars of cap space at the end of the year.

Sing is taking his lumps but he also has brought Alex and Vernon back from the dead.

Yoda says patience....
  • Veteran
Once again the little boy opened his mouth and sh** poured out, how pathetic? His vote of confidence on Scott McCluless, Coach timeout and how we are going to win Super Bowl after Super Bowl every year is laughable.
Were going to be okay. Playoffs 2010.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We have to give this thing at least a couple of years. What's the point of blowin it up after only a year? This group needs a couple of years to play together. Be patient god dam it. Next year we'll make our move with another good draft and these players playing together. Relax and let things play out. Peace out.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 11, 2009 at 06:42:51 ]
Originally posted by tmg808:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Jed York was on with Gary Radnich this morning . . . they spoke about the stadium status, and football/front office operations.

Three things I came away with . . .

1. He's got horse blinders on for the Santa Clara stadium site.
2. Singletary and McCloughan are absolutely safe for 2010.
3. Bringing in a Football Operations Czar is not on the radar.

Jed York 12-10-09 KNBR

I agree with all 3.

Has anybody noticed that 49ers have been a measuring stick for how the national media has viewed a lot of teams.
When Vikings beat the 49ers they were the talk of the town. When the Falcons beat the 49ers they were saying they were super bowl contenders. When Texans beat the 49ers, they will probably finally make the playoffs this year. When Titans beat the 49ers, The Titans may make the playoffs.

I know it hurts but there's a reason for this, the 49ers are closer than we as fans will give them credit for. Changing coaches as GM is like erasing everything and starting from scratch (Literally, they remodel the offices and everything) It looks like the 49ers are going in a positive direction.. I can see 8-8 this year which is an improvement from last, and gives me hope going forward

Finally a good view on the current Niners. Nice job!
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by tmg808:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Jed York was on with Gary Radnich this morning . . . they spoke about the stadium status, and football/front office operations.

Three things I came away with . . .

1. He's got horse blinders on for the Santa Clara stadium site.
2. Singletary and McCloughan are absolutely safe for 2010.
3. Bringing in a Football Operations Czar is not on the radar.

Jed York 12-10-09 KNBR

I agree with all 3.

Has anybody noticed that 49ers have been a measuring stick for how the national media has viewed a lot of teams.
When Vikings beat the 49ers they were the talk of the town. When the Falcons beat the 49ers they were saying they were super bowl contenders. When Texans beat the 49ers, they will probably finally make the playoffs this year. When Titans beat the 49ers, The Titans may make the playoffs.

I know it hurts but there's a reason for this, the 49ers are closer than we as fans will give them credit for. Changing coaches as GM is like erasing everything and starting from scratch (Literally, they remodel the offices and everything) It looks like the 49ers are going in a positive direction.. I can see 8-8 this year which is an improvement from last, and gives me hope going forward

Finally a good view on the current Niners. Nice job!

Positive thoughts in NinerTalk?! The blasphemy!!

All that from the same idiot who guaranteed the 49ers season won't end in December anymore. Good to see another losing and playoff less season is satisfactory enough for this ownership that they want to keep things status quo. Now I know what Detroit Lions fans feel like.

Yes, because continuity means nothing in the NFL.

-9fA

Continuity of failure = more failure.

So every team with a losing record should fire everyone.....

-9fA

No. We should keep Scout Mcloughan as the GM and the only football guy in the front office. Let's forget about hiring some competent football people. Because that's what winning and successful franchises do. We should keep all the people who are responsible for another losing season for the sake of continuity.

-9fA

-9fA

The only person I would like to see replaced is the GM. We would be so much better with a little addition by subtraction. Is he as bad as Joe Thomas? No way, but this is the most influential person on the team and should be the most capable. Scot doesn't exactly instill confidence.

I'm all in favor of firing McCloughan if there are better options available. Now, I don't know what the GM market looks like (please don't say Holmgren), but I feel that fans just want a firing so they can feel better about the future without realizing that hirings and firings can have us going in the other direction as well.

As an example, I can say I remember when Jed was crucified here for not getting a Pioli-type hire. Look how that turned out for the Chiefs...

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Dec 11, 2009 at 08:32:31 ]
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Were going to be okay. Playoffs 2010.

The WZ common line from 2008 about the 2009 season.

He backed up Singletary and McCloughan. The reason he did was because we have been in every game this year except the Atlanta game. That tells him that the team is on schedule and that the team has played well for Singletary. Now with continuity of staff and an infusion of more players in the offseason we should be competitive. I think his view is reasonable and appropriate and that we will progress as a team.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
He backed up Singletary and McCloughan. The reason he did was because we have been in every game this year except the Atlanta game. That tells him that the team is on schedule and that the team has played well for Singletary. Now with continuity of staff and an infusion of more players in the offseason we should be competitive. I think his view is reasonable and appropriate and that we will progress as a team.

singFRAUD and mcLOSER represent great value to the ownership and senior management. They signed on for internship salaries and continue to be paid as such. It's a better than a value than a legit Super Bowl Champion coach like Shannahan who would cost an unthinkable $6 Million and up.

We were close in a lot of games. With victories + moral victories the ownership has us scored at 11 - 1.
Share 49ersWebzone