Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
SF > SC

OK, lets not start this crap again.

I live MUCH closer to SC than to SF and in a perfect world the team would stay in SF...but this isn't a perfect world. If SF could present a workable plan, the Niners would jump on it.

This whole SC bashing is REALLY annoying.

Not bashing SC, I would just rather it stay in SF.

Its not a matter of bashing. Its just a fact that SC is a third tier city with no national much less international recognition. I know people have lots of pride for their city but face it...Chicago, New York, LA, San Francisco, these are world class cities, global destinations, Santa Clara does not belong anywhere close to that list.

So why would all other stadiums be not in their own city as those world class cities?
Originally posted by teeohh:
SF > SC

I live MUCH closer to SC than to SF and in a perfect world the team would stay in SF...but this isn't a perfect world. If SF could present a workable plan, the Niners would jump on it.

Its not a matter of bashing. Its just a fact that SC is a third tier city with no national much less international recognition. I know people have lots of pride for their city but face it...Chicago, New York, LA, San Francisco, these are world class cities, global destinations, Santa Clara does not belong anywhere close to that list.

I thoughtthe NY teams played in Jersey?

and the Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington, TX

and the New England (Boston) Patriots playing in Foxborough, MA

and the Washington Redskins play in Landover, MD

as long as it still says SF on the side of the helmet i don't see the big deal.
SF > SC

i agree keep the niners in SF.
SF > SC

But Santa Clara CA can and will likely be on the same list as Rutherford NJ, Foxboro Mass, Arlington TX and Landover MD.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Man we aint never gonna get a new stadium. All these a*****es do is keep talking about it. Until they put a shovel in the dirt its all just talk.

Only way a new stadium gets built is if fans stay away from the games. If we keep selling out every game, these a*****es aint gonna build s**t.
Originally posted by teeohh:
SF > SC

I thoughtthe NY teams played in Jersey?

They do.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
In the renderings, I don't see the designated "car jacking" area, nor do I see the "drive-by's" would take place.

And where is the medical area where you are treated for radiation poisoning?
SF > SC

So the NY Giants play in NY? I thought they played in that world class location known as New Jersey. LA doesn't even have a team so why are they in this discussion.

Would you rather have the team playing on radioactive sand or would you settle for Santa Clara. Santa Clara can't be any farther away than say NY to New Jersey or Boston to Gillette Stadium.
Originally posted by susweel:
Man we aint never gonna get a new stadium. All these a*****es do is keep talking about it. Until they put a shovel in the dirt its all just talk.

Only way a new stadium gets built is if fans stay away from the games. If we keep selling out every game, these a*****es aint gonna build s**t.

It's like the old saying, "when all is said and done, more will be said than done".

I've highlighted the definition of a politician in your comments.
You are never going to get a new stadium in the bay area but that's a pretty picture.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Do you guys know that Hunter's Point Naval Ship Yard is one of the most contaminated sites in North America? Radioactive sand was used as backfill for the structures there.

Cleanup alone will double the cost of the project. Of course...we haven;t heard about that yet. Wonder why?

Plus...where will the crack dealers be? I can't see their designated area in the rendering.

Yeah. That's the real sticking point. Cleanup details have been non-existent. However, if the SC option gets pushed back such that the two development timelines begin to look similar, look for more to emerge.

Also,the crack dealers are in the designated Crack Dealer Zone (Sponsored by Smith-Barney!). Look for the little shack near the parking area. Restrooms, flat screens and individual smoking rooms are included.

f**k Cleaning up the toxic waste! How awesome would our team of unstoppable super mutants be!!!
SF > SC

I agree that it's getting annoying. I have no problems with SC, but let's face it the team IS a San Francisco landmark.

Uprooting the team is tantamount to uprooting any ONE of the National landmarks in the City. Pick one. Let's move it cause the area needs to be refurbished.

The sad thing is this could have ALL been avoided over a decade ago. The City Government was no more interested in keeping the team in San Francisco then they were keeping Fleet week in the area.

In any case this is not a unanimously applauded move to move the team to SC. So you should just accept that and ignore the people that trash SC.

SC is no more than a last resort move so far as I am concerned. If it comes to it I would still root for the team. At least it won't be in L.A. But I think the timing for this was planned in coordination with the impending suit that was filed on Monday to block the vote. I also find it funny that the company spokesman basically stated that it was just to protect their interests. In my mind if that was true they would have filed it a year or so ago. So although it's to protect their interests it's more important to them than they are letting on publicly.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by susweel:

Thats politics for ya
I say we use the SF Giants parking, make a floating stadium and have transit to the front doors from parking.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
SF > SC

So the NY Giants play in NY? I thought they played in that world class location known as New Jersey. LA doesn't even have a team so why are they in this discussion.

Would you rather have the team playing on radioactive sand or would you settle for Santa Clara. Santa Clara can't be any farther away than say NY to New Jersey or Boston to Gillette Stadium.

Both the Jets and the Giants play there. Remember?

In any case I think you are missing a fine point here. They have how many teams in New York?

Now not counting the Bills we have the Rangers, the Yankees, the Mets, the Knicks, the Giants and the Jets.

Real Estate is PRIME in the NYC. You gotta have the location to build the place to play so everyone can see them. Now imagine if evey team had a venue IN NYC. Central park would cease to exist imho.

We 9er fans have to compete with ONE other team in the City. And it's no competition because it's Baseball and we're Football. Offsetting seasons.

As far as no national or international recognition, I would suggest the next time you go on a vacation to visit a travel agent in that part of the world and check the brochures. Cause I'm pretty sure that San Francisco IS more recognized than you think Gonzo. Hell the Japanese flock to the area in droves. Don't even get me started on the 3rd tier statement.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Dec 10, 2009 at 13:58:55 ]
Share 49ersWebzone