LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

New Hunter's Point Renderings...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
DO NOT WANT

SC or bust!
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
I love the niners, but from the looks of things there wont be a new stadium in the Bay area. I'll still love the niners if they become the LA 49ers.

....PLEASE!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Looks like they took the SC stadium and plugged it into these pictures... It is scenic, but that doesn't mean traffic won't still be a nightmare. And where's the parking?LINK

[img]

[img]

Thoughts?

Three things strike me....

1) Where the hell is the parking?
2) Uh...is that one road the only access?
3) Um...is that a 49ers training facility right next door? So not only do they get the stadium in this rendering, but they also get the training complex?

I think the training fields are just part of what they plucked out of the Santa Clara rendering with the stadium. Can we assume those areas would actually be parking lots or garages?

Also... has the City ever talked about doing ferry service to a stadium at Hunter's Point like they do for Giants games? That would alleviate a lot of traffic right?

Nope...

This design isn't just plucked out of the SC plan.

If you pay close attention, this is the SF plan...the stadium is actually different.

In the SC plan there are 2 entrances to the stadium...one on either side of the Suite stack...and two jumbotrons.

In the SF plan there is one LARGE entrance, one jumbotron, and the northern section of the stadium is open to allow a view of downtown SF. The southern end in turn is closed.

This is the stadium that was intoduced before the plan for SC was ever announced.

I think SF is hoping on getting the practice facility as well as the stadium.

That is the main reason the org. wants SC, bc of the training facility. Want to be like "the rest of the NFL teams". I dont like that attitude myself, but whatever.

That stadium is the old rendering and I would think it would be updated if it were to happen in SF. No way is this a final product.

Do like that skyline!!! Like no other in the NFL for sure!!!
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Looks like they took the SC stadium and plugged it into these pictures... It is scenic, but that doesn't mean traffic won't still be a nightmare. And where's the parking?LINK

[img]

[img]

Thoughts?

3) Um...is that a 49ers training facility right next door? So not only do they get the stadium in this rendering, but they also get the training complex?

I think the training fields are just part of what they plucked out of the Santa Clara rendering with the stadium. Can we assume those areas would actually be parking lots or garages?

Also... has the City ever talked about doing ferry service to a stadium at Hunter's Point like they do for Giants games? That would alleviate a lot of traffic right?

Nope...

If you pay close attention, this is the SF plan...the stadium is actually different.

In the SC plan there are 2 entrances to the stadium...one on either side of the Suite stack...and two jumbotrons.

In the SF plan there is one LARGE entrance, one jumbotron, and the northern section of the stadium is open to allow a view of downtown SF. The southern end in turn is closed.

This is the stadium that was intoduced before the plan for SC was ever announced.

That is the main reason the org. wants SC, bc of the training facility. Want to be like "the rest of the NFL teams". I dont like that attitude myself, but whatever.

That stadium is the old rendering and I would think it would be updated if it were to happen in SF. No way is this a final product.

Do like that skyline!!! Like no other in the NFL for sure!!!

Ya..like I said in a previous post, the SF stadium would be ideal, but I just don't think its workable.

SF didn't want to pay for the stadium, why do people all of the sudden think they would want to pay for all of the necessary infrastructure (new roads and I've heard even a new access bridge over the water) to get to the stadium. The costs in infrastructure could be more than the stadium itself.

Additionally...lets not forget that this site is currently a TOXIC WASTE SITE.

SC just makes more sense. Three freeways, Light Rail, and Train access.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
SF > SC

OK, lets not start this crap again.

I live MUCH closer to SC than to SF and in a perfect world the team would stay in SF...but this isn't a perfect world. If SF could present a workable plan, the Niners would jump on it.

This whole SC bashing is REALLY annoying.

Not bashing SC, I would just rather it stay in SF.
SF > SC

I live MUCH closer to SC than to SF and in a perfect world the team would stay in SF...but this isn't a perfect world. If SF could present a workable plan, the Niners would jump on it.

FYI . . . Jed will be on KNBR at 11:30 AM PT

http://player.cumulusstreaming.com/SLPLayer.aspx?KNBR-AM
I am in favor of a new stadium, be it in santa clara or san francisco. I can tell you already that the traffic looks to be absolutely horrendous in SF. I am also suprised that it is a very similar design, which I am not very fond of...

The only thing this pictures show is that Hunter's point, unfortunately, does not have any more to offer than santa clara. I was really hoping to see some new stadium design for san francisco, but it must be the same contractor.

The bottom line is. The niners NEED a new stadium. Santa Clara is getting it done. All SF has provided is a bunch of "renderings," and not much more. Have they even done an EIR yet? I was just reading the San Jose A's project has that done already, and that plan isn't even really in the works...
A few points on these new renderings:

1. How f**king AWESOME would that view be? Breathtaking.
  2. As I've stated before, HP allows for water-commuting to the game. While likely to account for only a small fraction of attendees, think of what a great experience that would be? Tailgate all the way to the game!
  3. Parking areas include the GRASS around the stadium. Look between the stadium and the boat docks in the rendering. It is supposed to be more eco-friendly than a paved lot.
  4. Bottom Line: From a game day experience and marketing standpoint, this HP concept DESTROYS SC, IMO. We'd be in the regular Super Bowl rotation for sure.

[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Dec 10, 2009 at 10:53:56 ]
Do you guys know that Hunter's Point Naval Ship Yard is one of the most contaminated sites in North America? Radioactive sand was used as backfill for the structures there.

Cleanup alone will double the cost of the project. Of course...we haven;t heard about that yet. Wonder why?

Plus...where will the crack dealers be? I can't see their designated area in the rendering.

Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Do you guys know that Hunter's Point Naval Ship Yard is one of the most contaminated sites in North America? Radioactive sand was used as backfill for the structures there.

Cleanup alone will double the cost of the project. Of course...we haven;t heard about that yet. Wonder why?

Plus...where will the crack dealers be? I can't see their designated area in the rendering.

Yeah. That's the real sticking point. Cleanup details have been non-existent. However, if the SC option gets pushed back such that the two development timelines begin to look similar, look for more to emerge.

Also,the crack dealers are in the designated Crack Dealer Zone (Sponsored by Smith-Barney!). Look for the little shack near the parking area. Restrooms, flat screens and individual smoking rooms are included.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Just as long as the stay in the bay....but Santa Clara is looking way better....

[img]

[img]

Thoughts?

Nope...

There will be Ferry service as stated by Newsome on KNBR this morning.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
SF > SC

Its not a matter of bashing. Its just a fact that SC is a third tier city with no national much less international recognition. I know people have lots of pride for their city but face it...Chicago, New York, LA, San Francisco, these are world class cities, global destinations, Santa Clara does not belong anywhere close to that list.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
SF > SC

Its not a matter of bashing. Its just a fact that SC is a third tier city with no national much less international recognition. I know people have lots of pride for their city but face it...Chicago, New York, LA, San Francisco, these are world class cities, global destinations, Santa Clara does not belong anywhere close to that list.

I thoughtthe NY teams played in Jersey?
Share 49ersWebzone