LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

New Hunter's Point Renderings...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looks like they took the SC stadium and plugged it into these pictures... It is scenic, but that doesn't mean traffic won't still be a nightmare. And where's the parking?LINK

Thoughts?

[ Edited by niners_guy on Dec 10, 2009 at 07:34:39 ]
Looks like they took the Santa Clara Stadium and plopped it in Hunters Point
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Looks like they took the Santa Clara Stadium and plopped it in Hunters Point

That was always the case. Whatever HNTB designed it was going to be it. It's now just a matter of where?

I've read that the greenery you see is a multipurpose surface and cars will be able to park there. Pretty sure there's a garage just like Santa Clara also. Building a walkway bridge over Yosemite Slough that connects to the present overflow parking at the Stick as well.

Traffic will be much better than it is now at the Stick!! Wont be as great as Santa Clara, but for something as trivial as that, I'd sacrifice that to keep my 9ers in the city that they belong in!!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!

Does anyone on Earth have any idea WTF is going on with the stadium stuff? All I hear is a bunch of articles claiming they're one step closer only to be followed by articles talking about an upcoming vote followed by blah blah blah from Santa Clara or SF...or some congressperson...just seems like one big convoluted mess.
I love the niners, but from the looks of things there wont be a new stadium in the Bay area. I'll still love the niners if they become the LA 49ers.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Does anyone on Earth have any idea WTF is going on with the stadium stuff? All I hear is a bunch of articles claiming they're one step closer only to be followed by articles talking about an upcoming vote followed by blah blah blah from Santa Clara or SF...or some congressperson...just seems like one big convoluted mess.

at this point now, they are trying to get it on ballot for June of 2010 in santa clara to make it official
Whenever you talk about things like this for San Fancisco, you have to factor in the idiot mayor & board of stupid advisors.

This is pure fantasy considering the numbnutz that run that city.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
I love the niners, but from the looks of things there wont be a new stadium in the Bay area. I'll still love the niners if they become the LA 49ers.

BAN?

LOL...J/K

I wouldn't EVER say those words on this forum again tho...thats sacrilege. :)
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Looks like they took the SC stadium and plugged it into these pictures... It is scenic, but that doesn't mean traffic won't still be a nightmare. And where's the parking?LINK

Thoughts?

Three things strike me....

1) Where the hell is the parking?
2) Uh...is that one road the only access?
3) Um...is that a 49ers training facility right next door? So not only do they get the stadium in this rendering, but they also get the training complex?
SF > SC

Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
SF > SC

OK, lets not start this crap again.

I live MUCH closer to SC than to SF and in a perfect world the team would stay in SF...but this isn't a perfect world. If SF could present a workable plan, the Niners would jump on it.

This whole SC bashing is REALLY annoying.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

[img]

[img]

Thoughts?

3) Um...is that a 49ers training facility right next door? So not only do they get the stadium in this rendering, but they also get the training complex?

I think the training fields are just part of what they plucked out of the Santa Clara rendering with the stadium. Can we assume those areas would actually be parking lots or garages?

Also... has the City ever talked about doing ferry service to a stadium at Hunter's Point like they do for Giants games? That would alleviate a lot of traffic right?
Originally posted by Marvin49:

[img]

[img]

Thoughts?

I think the training fields are just part of what they plucked out of the Santa Clara rendering with the stadium. Can we assume those areas would actually be parking lots or garages?

Also... has the City ever talked about doing ferry service to a stadium at Hunter's Point like they do for Giants games? That would alleviate a lot of traffic right?

Nope...

This design isn't just plucked out of the SC plan.

If you pay close attention, this is the SF plan...the stadium is actually different.

In the SC plan there are 2 entrances to the stadium...one on either side of the Suite stack...and two jumbotrons.

In the SF plan there is one LARGE entrance, one jumbotron, and the northern section of the stadium is open to allow a view of downtown SF. The southern end in turn is closed.

This is the stadium that was intoduced before the plan for SC was ever announced.

I think SF is hoping on getting the practice facility as well as the stadium.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 10, 2009 at 09:32:48 ]
A couple of hurldes left for a Santa Clara stadium . . .

1. Great America/Cedar Fair obstruction. The Niners and the City need to buy their silence somehow . . . I don't see this as a huge deal in the end.

2. The vote. There are barely over 100,000 people in the City of Santa Clara. You figure that maybe half are registered voters and maybe half of them will actually vote. So the Stadium referendum will be decided next year by roughly 25,000 residents of the City of Santa Clara. The last poll I can remember (sometime in the Summer) showed nearly a 2-1 advantage in favor of the Stadium.

I'm betting a Santa Clara stadium will become a reality.
In the renderings, I don't see the designated "car jacking" area, nor do I see the "drive-by's" would take place.

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Dec 10, 2009 at 09:52:29 ]
Share 49ersWebzone