LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

The Irony of 49er coaching... this is funny lmao

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Last year we had Martz as our OC. He passes a ton and rarely runs the ball. Coach sing gets pissed so he bounces his A** and brings in a run happy guy like Raye.

Raye runs it a bit, then he decides to F it and throw.

the funny thing is, we are now passing the ball more than any time during the martz era lmao...

I cant help but imagine giving martz our team and telling him to go ahead and throw 50 times a game... I think maybe wed be doing better.

your thoughts????
48 of those times would go to the wr's because davis would be blocking!

Exactly, Martz's weakness was not using the TE. Raye has other problems, but he does utilize the TE.
Just compare the red zone offense. It's not even close. Getting rid of martz was a good call.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Last year we had Martz as our OC. He passes a ton and rarely runs the ball. Coach sing gets pissed so he bounces his A** and brings in a run happy guy like Raye.

the funny thing is, we are now passing the ball more than any time during the martz era lmao...

I cant help but imagine giving martz our team and telling him to go ahead and throw 50 times a game... I think maybe wed be doing better.

your thoughts????

lmao.... now that i thing about it ur right..

Not only that, but the QB would be taking 7 step drops and getting killed even more than he is already. Martz sure does know how to pass it, but running a successful and efficient offense he does not.

Yup the 7 step drops of Martz killed us for the most part. I like some of Rayes play calling on the passing game a bit conservative than Martz. The thing that I hate about Raye is his screen plays. Another is that Raye lack some of creativity on calling plays in comparison with Martz. The number one thing about Raye is that he utilizes our strength in which the TE positions Walker and VD=Awesome.

Agree. I love the way Davis is being used finally.
  • MDiddy
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jcs:

your thoughts????

Not only that, but the QB would be taking 7 step drops and getting killed even more than he is already. Martz sure does know how to pass it, but running a successful and efficient offense he does not.

The guy has a SB ring and took a team to the promise land himself. Raye?

That wasn't his team he took to the Superbowl. Vermeil put that team together and Martz just happened to luck out and take over after he retired. Once FA hit and people started moving on, look how good they were under Martz.

[ Edited by MDiddy on Dec 10, 2009 at 12:38:46 ]
Originally posted by MDiddy:
Originally posted by jcs:

your thoughts????

The guy has a SB ring and took a team to the promise land himself. Raye?

That wasn't his team he took to the Superbowl. Vermeil put that team together and Martz just happened to luck out and take over after he retired. Once FA hit and people started moving on, look how good they were under Martz.

lmao... same exact thing happened with jon Gruden and tampa bay... (tony dungy's team)

your thoughts????

Well It wasn't that Martz couldn't run the ball he just didn't want to. Jimmy Raye is willing to do whatever it takes it seems. I don't think we are getting the full effect of what Jimmy Raye can do with this offense. Too many mid season changes, too many key injuries on the offensive line. Less changes is going to end up in more progress.

your thoughts????

Sing is bending to the fan and media pressure to open up the offense. We still would have been pounding it for 2 yards a pop had he not taken so much grief. Writers have categorized this bending of his will as "reading the room", as if it's some sort of mystical power that Sing has to know what's best. It was nothing more than a guy in over his head being told what to do by those that know better.

They should have an in game twitter so we can tell him when to use time outs and challenge plays. Throw it up on the scoreboard... instant tweets for Sing. He can then play it off like he knew what to do all the time.
Share 49ersWebzone