LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

The Irony of 49er coaching... this is funny lmao

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last year we had Martz as our OC. He passes a ton and rarely runs the ball. Coach sing gets pissed so he bounces his A** and brings in a run happy guy like Raye.

Raye runs it a bit, then he decides to F it and throw.

the funny thing is, we are now passing the ball more than any time during the martz era lmao...

I cant help but imagine giving martz our team and telling him to go ahead and throw 50 times a game... I think maybe wed be doing better.

your thoughts????
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Last year we had Martz as our OC. He passes a ton and rarely runs the ball. Coach sing gets pissed so he bounces his A** and brings in a run happy guy like Raye.

the funny thing is, we are now passing the ball more than any time during the martz era lmao...

I cant help but imagine giving martz our team and telling him to go ahead and throw 50 times a game... I think maybe wed be doing better.

your thoughts????
48 of those times would go to the wr's because davis would be blocking!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

your thoughts????

lmao.... now that i thing about it ur right..

your thoughts????

Not only that, but the QB would be taking 7 step drops and getting killed even more than he is already. Martz sure does know how to pass it, but running a successful and efficient offense he does not.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

your thoughts????

Not only that, but the QB would be taking 7 step drops and getting killed even more than he is already. Martz sure does know how to pass it, but running a successful and efficient offense he does not.

Yup the 7 step drops of Martz killed us for the most part. I like some of Rayes play calling on the passing game a bit conservative than Martz. The thing that I hate about Raye is his screen plays. Another is that Raye lack some of creativity on calling plays in comparison with Martz. The number one thing about Raye is that he utilizes our strength in which the TE positions Walker and VD=Awesome.
Originally posted by nothing03:

your thoughts????

Yup the 7 step drops of Martz killed us for the most part. I like some of Rayes play calling on the passing game a bit conservative than Martz. The thing that I hate about Raye is his screen plays. Another is that Raye lack some of creativity on calling plays in comparison with Martz. The number one thing about Raye is that he utilizes our strength in which the TE positions Walker and VD=Awesome.

Yeah our passing game is better with the shotgun instead of 7 step drops, and with the 2 TEs getting the ball instead of throwing it to mediocre WRs. Now we finally find out how grossly underutilized Vern was under Martz.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Alex Smith thrives in the spread and an offense that diverges from that. Occaisionally dropping back from center. (PA Pass to Davis TD)

Martz's philosophy is completely opposite. 7 step drops out from under center.... Alex would have flopped fast.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by nothing03:

your thoughts????

Yeah our passing game is better with the shotgun instead of 7 step drops, and with the 2 TEs getting the ball instead of throwing it to mediocre WRs. Now we finally find out how grossly underutilized Vern was under Martz.

agreed.. especially since we dont have the linemen for 7 step drops.. his systems require timing, precision, and quick throws.. I think we only have one of them right now lol
  • jcs
  • Veteran

your thoughts????

The guy has a SB ring and took a team to the promise land himself. Raye?
Originally posted by jcs:

your thoughts????

its because he had all the proper tools in place.. he had a sick freaken team... I could have won a superbowl with that offense..

• tn9er
  • Veteran

your thoughts????

its because he had all the proper tools in place.. he had a sick freaken team... I could have won a superbowl with that offense..

OH, the irony of this statement!!!!!!!!!
Martz didn't have Alex.

Plus our O-line is crap.

Changing it up shows flexibility unlike Sing's predecessor.

[ Edited by kingairta on Dec 10, 2009 at 07:28:14 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tn9er:

your thoughts????

OH, the irony of this statement!!!!!!!!!

The real irony is this statement.
Quote:
When Martz did use Vernon it was on the seam route. Which last year he couldn't catch. Which lead to the excuse he was being used wrong.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for MadMartz.

your thoughts????

I could have sworn he was the captain of the greatest show on turf that put a SB ring in his pocket!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Jimmy Raye has turned Vernon Davis into an All-Pro.

I'll admit, I was skeptical when we hired Sleeping Raye to replace Martz, but I'm 150% on the Raye bandwagon now.
Share 49ersWebzone