There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What six players in our starting lineups should be backups?

Looking at the players that we have starting, what 6 players do you feel should be backups and not starters? Baas, Morgan, Goldson, Lawson, Haralson and Lewis are my six. What about you?

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 9, 2009 at 22:05:08 ]
Frank gore....
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Looking at the players that we have starting, what 6 players do you feel should be backups and not starters? Baas, Snyder, Goldson, Lawson, Haralson and Lewis are my six. What about you?

Agree with Snyder and Baas, but Manny and Haralson have played well lately, id add Brown to the list of not to start, he is too raw and needs more developing.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Frank gore....

C'mon Man! lol
Baas
Chilo
Goldson
Haralson
Bly
Morgan - The most overrated guy on the entire WZ by far because he was once a PRESEASON TIGER.
snyder
baas
haralson
goldson

and dre bly/terrel brown however they will be backup when nate comes back and when we draft joe haden
Looking at the players that we have starting, what 6 players do you feel should be backups and not starters? Baas, Snyder, Goldson, Lawson, Haralson and Lewis are my six. What about you?

Snyder is a backup. He plays because of injuries.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Snyder is a backup. He plays because of injuries.

Right! Morgan is #6 for me then.
Baas
Chilo
Goldson
Haralson
Bly
Morgan - The most overrated guy on the entire WZ by far because he was once a PRESEASON TIGER.

Word.
Snyder, Baas, Rachal, Bly, Goldson, PR Brandon Jones.

Snyder was to battle Marvel for the starting position and now Pashos and Marvel are out, so Snyder is a starter by default...attrition? Simms is holding Staley's spot due to injury and has been playing surprisingly well.

Comparing this list to a similar list from three years ago might be interesting. The level of talent has improved.
Baas
Chilo
Goldson
Haralson
Bly

The only one I would probably change would be Bly for Snyder. I don't see Bly sticking around another year, and I Morgan consistently lets the team down. Giving up on a long run, dropping a long pass in the basket, giving up on routes, etc etc. Crabtree has been around 7 weeks and shows more work ethic than this guy... I have seen him make catches he is supposed to make, but never really difficult catches. I am curious to see if they incorporate Jones more this week...
Alex Smith. There's only on QB on the roster with a winning record and t's not Alex Smith. Alex seemingly will always be a day late and a dollar short, choking when it counts the most. I like the guy and wish it wasn't true. But it is.

Not sure a 6th round pick can be considered overrated.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
D. Walker
J. Morgan
A. Snyder
C. Rachal
P. Haralson
D. Goldson
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Not sure a 6th round pick can be considered overrated.

He is overrated because he is a starter but he has no business being a starter. He is one of the wierd decisions sing makes but he makes a lot of them.