There are 253 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should VD Start in the pro bowl?

Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by crzy:
Vernon Davis is the best tight end in the league. I'd take him over Witten, Gonzalez, Clark, anybody.

Even better than Antonio Gates??

IMO Antonio Gates is still the best. Vernon Davis is 2nd best.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Vernon Davis is the best tight end in the league. I'd take him over Witten, Gonzalez, Clark, anybody.

Yeah, I think gates knows how to use his body better than Davis does due to his basketball background.The guy also ahs unbelievable hands for a man his size.
Anyone want to guess how many game winning TD passes Gonzo and Witten have let hit them in the face?
Originally posted by thojess:
Anyone want to guess how many game winning TD passes Gonzo and Witten have let hit them in the face?

Witten hasn't played all that great this season and Gonzales has been reliable but not spectacular. Davis leads the league with Larry Fitzgerald in TD receptions. So because he drops a game-winner that should trump all the good plays? I don't think so. Its disappointing but overall he should start in the probowl. Whether he actually does depends on how the niners finish the season.

same here, i also do not think we have seen all of his potential. This guy is going to continue to get better and better.
Originally posted by matt49er:

same here, i also do not think we have seen all of his potential. This guy is going to continue to get better and better.

i dont think right now hes the best in the league i would take him over any other guy right now cause of his youth however he still needs to work on his catching skills. Honestly witten clark and gonzalez they rarely drop any catches and if he wants to be considered elite he has to make those plays
Originally posted by matt49er:

No he still drops to many passes.
uh yea. and there is no bias here. look at what hes done. 10 tds i believe leads the league in all receivers, not just TEs. if he doesnt start, he got screwed.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Yeah, Gates may be the only exception.

-9fA
HELL YES
I guess you beat me to it.

[ Edited by prime21 on Dec 12, 2009 at 11:38:05 ]
I think so. He's earned it this year!
IS WATER WET? IS THE SKY BLUE?

He is the best te in the game.

Best blocking, best at scoring, Fastest best at getting open and being a playmaker.
If he works on his few drops here and there he will be the best all around TE in the game which he already is
He should, i dont know if he will