There are 149 users in the forums

Should VD Start in the pro bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Should VD Start in the pro bowl?

The other two 'elite' TEs in the NFC are Witten and Gonzalez -- Shiancoe's in the mix too. Stats:

VD: 63 Rec., 784 yds, 12.4 YPC, 10 TDs
Witten: 73 Rec., 744 yds, 10.2 ypc, 1 TD
Gonzalez: 69 rec, 738 yds, 10.7 ypc, 5 TDs
Shiancoe: 40 rec., 389 yds., 9.7 YPC. 9 TDs

Overall, VD clearly has the best stats. Don't see how he wouldn't make the pro bowl.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
ya
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
ya
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
HELL YES
Most definitely.
no brainer
You phrased the subject wrong. It should read: "VD should start in the pro bowl."
Originally posted by VA49er:
You phrased the subject wrong. It should read: "VD should start in the pro bowl."

I said should because non-49er fan may claim that Witten has the most catches, or Gonzalez is the most consistent (1st downs, etc.).
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Vernon Davis is the best tight end in the league. I'd take him over Witten, Gonzalez, Clark, anybody.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
His stats right now are what most TE's end with in a season, if not less

• Antix
  • Veteran
He should. But I doubt he will. Pro Bowl is about big names and winning teams. He'll make it but he won't start.
Despite the drops... he should possibly be all pro at least 2nd team so yes he should start at the pro bowl
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by VA49er:

I said should because non-49er fan may claim that Witten has the most catches, or Gonzalez is the most consistent (1st downs, etc.).

Witten can have his 10 extra catches. I'll take the 9 extra TDs.

...and as for Gonzalez: TDs > 1st downs

[ Edited by ghostrider on Dec 9, 2009 at 14:39:44 ]
Definitely, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Witten or Gonzalez get the nod.
he better start............ by the way i think he makes up for the drops and scores 2 or 3 times in the monday nite game

[ Edited by 228niner on Dec 9, 2009 at 16:47:23 ]
Share 49ersWebzone