There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kentwan balmer to IR

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Coaching is the issue with Chilo plain and simple. If he plays like he was projected and turns his game around then Chilo was a smart and safer pick.

More talk. When he produces, then you can say that. Right now DeSean is making all of our '08 picks look like complete wastes.

From what you edited.....I think the coaching staff would keep Morgan ahead of him. remember they would go off what they would of seen from him....the highlight reels would be much different.

If they did, they would be idiots, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised. Other than that one GB preseason game, Morgan has never done anything.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
You can't be too mad at the 9ers brass for this. Every other team passed on him at least once, including the Eagles.

The Eagles First selection (2nd round):

Trevor Laws, DT Notre dame.
Career stats 22 tackles, no sacks.
Kentwan Balmer
Career stats 19 tackles, 11 solo no sacks.

You can either say the Eagles made the same mistake, or both teams are waiting for their DT's to develop.

Coaching is the issue with Chilo plain and simple. If he plays like he was projected and turns his game around then Chilo was a smart and safer pick.

More talk. When he produces, then you can say that. Right now DeSean is making all of our '08 picks look like complete wastes.

From what you edited.....I think the coaching staff would keep Morgan ahead of him. remember they would go off what they would of seen from him....the highlight reels would be much different.

If they did, they would be idiots, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised. Other than that one GB preseason game, Morgan has never done anything.

Remember what I said earlier, he wouldn't be showing his true skill set with Hill at QB. You cant blame the coaches if the starting QB is only capable of throwing with velocity at 20 yards. They wouldn't of known what his true potential would of been. Look at Crabs for instance...what do you think his numbers would be like with Hill in at QB compared to Smith

Remember what I said earlier, he wouldn't be showing his true skill set with Hill at QB. You cant blame the coaches if the starting QB is only capable of throwing with velocity at 20 yards. They wouldn't of known what his true potential would of been. Look at Crabs for instance...what do you think his numbers would be like with Hill in at QB compared to Smith

Beats me. That's getting too hypothetical to say. Hill was producing when he came in '07 and '08. Pretty much everyone had a crack at the ball, DJax, Hill, Vernon, etc. Then this goes back to my point, DeSean would still be a better pick than Chilo or Balmer regardless. You know how Battle and Jones have lost us two games? They wouldn't even have gotten a chance with DeSean back there despite wherever he might have been on the WR depth chart.

Beats me. That's getting too hypothetical to say. Hill was producing when he came in '07 and '08. Pretty much everyone had a crack at the ball, DJax, Hill, Vernon, etc. Then this goes back to my point, DeSean would still be a better pick than Chilo or Balmer regardless. You know how Battle and Jones have lost us two games? They wouldn't even have gotten a chance with DeSean back there despite wherever he might have been on the WR depth chart.

I don't disagree on his return abilities, but I think his "hype at WR" would be as big if he was drafted by us.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Not that it's that big of a deal, but KB to IR.

"49ers place DT Kentwan Balmer on IR (shoulder) and sign DT Baraka Atkins. Balmer underwent surgery today. #49ers"

http://twitter.com/mattmaiocco

So, is he officially a flop now?

Not even close. (although we may have used that pick much more wisely)
Here's the problem that I have with the Niners: When the GOAT, Jerry Rice, tells you the kid is a stud, then you have to take a serious listen. Rice worked with Jackson before the draft, and had high praise for the kid.

Now, not every HOF is the perfect scout with NFL talent, but this is the GOAT looking at a WR, something he probably knows something about.
B U S T
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Here's the problem that I have with the Niners: When the GOAT, Jerry Rice, tells you the kid is a stud, then you have to take a serious listen. Rice worked with Jackson before the draft, and had high praise for the kid.

Now, not every HOF is the perfect scout with NFL talent, but this is the GOAT looking at a WR, something he probably knows something about.

Wasn't Jerry working FOR DeSean Jackson? What do you think he was going to say???