LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Kentwan balmer to IR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Balmer is a rush DT in a 4-3. Should have never drafted him.
Originally posted by dj43:
WOW. I can't believe some of the comments here.

Balmer has been playing very well in the past six games or so. He hasn't been getting a LOT of playing time because the starting three have played so very well but losing him out of the rotation is NOT a good thing.

exactly.

Apparently no one else see's what we've seen.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Who's knows....he may still pan out for us....But yeah we shoulda drafted Desean Jackson....
He'll be out six months with surgery and rehab per MM.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Who's knows....he may still pan out for us....But yeah we shoulda drafted Desean Jackson....

way to rub it in Captain Obvious
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Got bust ???
thank you mcClueless for such a good first round pick, what a waste, we could have had deshaun jackson.
Originally posted by susweel:

Got bust ???

Originally posted by A-R-S:
Makes no difference. The seasons over, and he's been well on his way to being a bust sine the day we picked him.

he has a point
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Scotty blew it. We should have taken someone else. These are the notable people we passed on:

Kenny Phillips S
Philip Merling DE
Brandon Flowers CB
Curtis Lofton ILB

AND THEN we pick Chilo Rachel over a bunch of other guys i'm too embarrassed to mention.
You people who make the argument for this pick are wrong. We missed on these FOUR guys????? And we have what? A bench warmer Balmer.

Willis and Lofton? ...whatever it is what it is

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Nes49:

way to rub it in Captain Obvious

didn't mean to........
Vernon was considered a bust before this year. Now look.

Balmer still has time to develop into a nice player for us.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Vernon was considered a bust before this year. Now look.

Balmer still has time to develop into a nice player for us.

yeah and its not like he sucks when he is playing. In his playing time he has done a fine job and usually you don't hear his name which is a good thing. Give him time, he was considered a raw prospect and he is still developing.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Balmer is a rush DT in a 4-3. Should have never drafted him.

Co-signed.
It's a shame, I feel he was coming on as he made a couple of plays in the Green Bay game and the Jax game where I thought man I can see something in this kid. He is still raw and could of used some valuable PT down the stretch but I think he will be a very good player and contributer next year.

Remember he is the kind of guy who won't show up much in the stat sheet and remember he only started one year at UNC so he was a bit of a project but I think he will be a good, solid player for us.
Share 49ersWebzone