There are 572 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Problem With Our Niner Fans

you have got to understand football... If you watch the tape, alex can throw the ball as accurately as anyone in the league.. hes confident, poised, and playing just as good as people like tony romo. hes only 25 years old and comming off 2 years of no play.. dont be one of those idiot fans that are "what have you done for me lately" fans. then people go and blame smith for being 2-4, when he has become the bright spot on our team. Can you blame smith in GB and IND when our defense couldn't get the ball back with 6 mins to go in the 4th QTR? Can you blame smith in Seattle when he drove it all the way down and then gore fumbled, got the ball back and drove it again to have two passes dropped by his recievers? sing said it perfectly defending alex as he said "Its not like alex can throw the ball and go catch it too". Cool stat alert " alex smith has thrown over 90 or 100 passes w/out a pick."

Then people say things like "well frank gore is obsolete in the spread"

Trust me, singltary wants to run the ball. But lets face it. we cant. Take away frank gore big runs and we have the worst rushing attack in the league so can you blame them for not going to the air? we rushed 9 times for about 27 yards for another 3 yard per carry average day. If the o-line can guard for him, we will run the ball. Coach Sing SEES that we cannot block upfront with anyone, thus will not run the ball on 3rd or 4th and 1's. DO you blame him?? Hes MOVING the chains alot more consistently with Alex, and hes sticking to it.

Even though Sing is under a lot of scrutiny, I dont blame for it. These guys are NFL players not little kids, so they should be able to do a lateral when he tells them to. maybe it wasnt the best call, but when you have idiots back there that dont know how to do a simple lateral, the blame goes on the coach. wow.... If that would have worked, all of you people would be praising it. When me and my buddies play we do them all the time and they work lol.. im not comparing us to the NFL but all im saying is that there is no reason why you cant do a lateral in OPEN FIELD and then cant recover a fumble in OPEN FIELD either.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
Agreed... Smith may not be perfect but he is growing rapidly, same with Sing. The team is barely losing every game, they aren't giving up, what else can a coach do?? I appreciate the Sing sees the mistakes and never gets in the way of correcting them. Sing made a great commit this week about there not being a secret to winning, he recognizes and points out that the focus of the players efforts have not been there throughout the game. If I just watched the game I probably would have problems with his rookie mistakes, but listening to his understanding of whats going on I am confident that he is addressing these mistakes.
Regarding the lateral, that's 100% on Singletary & Everest.

Everest called the play without Singletary's knowledge. That shouldn't happen.

Players who have been unreliable in the return game (in Jones & Batte) were asked to run a high-risk trick play. That shouldn't happen.

Blame the players? Yes, but I also blame the coaches for such a stupid idea.
Niner fans are generally winers
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I dont really blame them because we have like 7 straight losing seasons........... butt this is the first year where we actually have many bright spots
Originally posted by Ninerman49:

I dont really blame them because we have like 7 straight losing seasons........... butt this is the first year where we actually have many bright spots

research the history of this team, winning is the only thing that matter around here
ALEX DO GOOD ALEX RUN BALL ALEX THROW BALL ALEX LOSE GAME

...was i being a good fan?

man i will cheer for alex as hard as possible -- he NEEDS us as fans to cheer for him. the poor kid has been jinxed from day 1 and finally is looking like an NFL QB. he can't win the game when his receivers are dropping wide open TDs to put us ahead. ugh.
  • purexballin12
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by King49er:

research the history of this team, winning is the only thing that matter around here

lol word

while the 80's-90's was definitely our moment... the history of winning accomplishments prior to that was pretty badddd (pretty much until the 1978 with owner Edward J. DeBartolo Jr. and head coach Bill Walsh)

seems like a millenium ago

it all starts with the ownership....just keeping it real

I remember the years right before Walsh when Joe Thomas was put in charge (by a young Eddie D no less) and the team was a disastor. He ran the Niners into the ground. The Niners won a total of seven or eight games during his two seasons. The most notable thing he did was give up a high first-rounder for a washed-up O.J. Simpson. Some of you may remember that there were crowds of about 30,000 to 35,000 at the Stick during these years. You could pick up a scalp for $5.00.

Then Walsh came in and the Niners went 8-24 over his first two seasons. We had back to back 2-14 seasons spanning Thomas' last season and Walsh's first. But that second season under Walsh, when the Niners went 6-10, it looked like this team maybe had the chance to contend for the playoffs in the year future. Of course, it exceeded expectations. That is part of the Niners history as well. I attended probably about 90% of the home games then so I got to suffer through it.

Doesn't winning matter everywhere? Other teams have fallen on hard times after having illustrious histories? Winning matters to Bill fans and Redskin fans I'm sure. But it doesn't always work like that. Though the Niners under the Yorks have compounded the problems, they had to pay the bill that was run up by Eddie and Policy in the 90s. They did it to win. But they mortaged the future doing it.

I'm disappointed that this year has not turned out as well as many of us would have liked. But I am heartened by the fact that we seem to have a bunch of offensive players who are young and are emerging at the same time. With a good draft, maybe a couple of smart free-agent pick-ups and some continuity this team might be really good in the near future. In 77, 78, and 79, I didn't have much hope for the future of the Niners. In 80, despite a 6-10 record, I started believing this team just might be pretty good in the future. Kind of like how I feel now.

[ Edited by BHulman on Dec 9, 2009 at 20:17:55 ]
you have got to understand football... If you watch the tape, alex can throw the ball as accurately as anyone in the league.. hes confident, poised, and playing just as good as people like tony romo. hes only 25 years old and comming off 2 years of no play.. dont be one of those idiot fans that are "what have you done for me lately" fans. then people go and blame smith for being 2-4, when he has become the bright spot on our team. Can you blame smith in GB and IND when our defense couldn't get the ball back with 6 mins to go in the 4th QTR? Can you blame smith in Seattle when he drove it all the way down and then gore fumbled, got the ball back and drove it again to have two passes dropped by his recievers? sing said it perfectly defending alex as he said "Its not like alex can throw the ball and go catch it too". Cool stat alert " alex smith has thrown over 90 or 100 passes w/out a pick."

Trust me, singltary wants to run the ball. But lets face it. we cant. Take away frank gore big runs and we have the worst rushing attack in the league so can you blame them for not going to the air? we rushed 9 times for about 27 yards for another 3 yard per carry average day. If the o-line can guard for him, we will run the ball. Coach Sing SEES that we cannot block upfront with anyone, thus will not run the ball on 3rd or 4th and 1's. DO you blame him?? Hes MOVING the chains alot more consistently with Alex, and hes sticking to it.

Even though Sing is under a lot of scrutiny, I dont blame for it. These guys are NFL players not little kids, so they should be able to do a lateral when he tells them to. maybe it wasnt the best call, but when you have idiots back there that dont know how to do a simple lateral, the blame goes on the coach. wow.... If that would have worked, all of you people would be praising it. When me and my buddies play we do them all the time and they work lol.. im not comparing us to the NFL but all im saying is that there is no reason why you cant do a lateral in OPEN FIELD and then cant recover a fumble in OPEN FIELD either.

Good post. I wish I could watch film on the niners but all I have are the games and unfortunately you can't pick up everything with the network coverage. It's too iffy. I would have to be in the film room and that would be a lot of fun.

To expand on Gore for a second I really think it doesn't matter whether he is in the gun or not. The guy is a stud and probably the best blocking back in the NFL. I think we need to learn how to get him involved a little more with our limitations with the line.

I do blame Sing for a lot of mishaps with clock management but he is a young coach(six years) and will learn a great deal during the off season on the finer points of the game he missed. I do however love the fact that Sing decided to go after the Seahawks without hesitation to take the crowd out of it early. It just didn't work. Had it worked we'd all be whistling a different tune.

The bottom line is Sing is operating a chess board without his favorite piece(and O line to run block). Still, when we get that taken care of I hope we continue spreading the formation out and running out of single back instead of the I.
Alex is the bright spot I agree. People who can't see it are blinded by Alex hate.

Dunno King, I think this concept is ahh, a little vague round this site. Seems like some completions by the QB finally are enough to make everyone think we is goin to de promised land..

You gotta admire thier optimism though, right?
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

Good post. I wish I could watch film on the niners but all I have are the games and unfortunately you can't pick up everything with the network coverage. It's too iffy. I would have to be in the film room and that would be a lot of fun.

To expand on Gore for a second I really think it doesn't matter whether he is in the gun or not. The guy is a stud and probably the best blocking back in the NFL. I think we need to learn how to get him involved a little more with our limitations with the line.

I do blame Sing for a lot of mishaps with clock management but he is a young coach(six years) and will learn a great deal during the off season on the finer points of the game he missed. I do however love the fact that Sing decided to go after the Seahawks without hesitation to take the crowd out of it early. It just didn't work. Had it worked we'd all be whistling a different tune.

The bottom line is Sing is operating a chess board without his favorite piece(and O line to run block). Still, when we get that taken care of I hope we continue spreading the formation out and running out of single back instead of the I.

thank you.. good repost lol.. Gore is a stud and should be able to do anything we tell him...

Is it me or is gore runing into piles lately? watching the game i saw a big opening to the left but instead he ran right into his line... I think he might need to change up his running style because our line is incapable of opening up holes for him lmao..

thank you.. good repost lol.. Gore is a stud and should be able to do anything we tell him...

Is it me or is gore runing into piles lately? watching the game i saw a big opening to the left but instead he ran right into his line... I think he might need to change up his running style because our line is incapable of opening up holes for him lmao..

I don't think you want to get Barlow feet when you hit the hole. Frank expects the hole to be open. In the long term I don't want him to be looking to bounce it out because he won't hit the hole as fast. He does run into piles but man does he hit them quickly.

I don't think you want to get Barlow feet when you hit the hole. Frank expects the hole to be open. In the long term I don't want him to be looking to bounce it out because he won't hit the hole as fast. He does run into piles but man does he hit them quickly.

lmao..... barlow feet