There are 155 users in the forums

I AM A 49ers FAN!!! WHO'S WITH ME!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Go Bengals!
Originally posted by sacleads:
There seems to be two types of fans. Those who accept shiet and those who don't. I guess I fall into the don't accept shiet.

So what are you going to do about it? You going to bail on the team because they aren't winning every year? I hear all you guys whine about not accepting mediocrity, but none of you ever have any suggestions of what to do about it.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
There seems to be two types of fans. Those who accept shiet and those who don't. I guess I fall into the don't accept shiet.

So what are you going to do about it? You going to bail on the team because they aren't winning every year? I hear all you guys whine about not accepting mediocrity, but none of you ever have any suggestions of what to do about it.

I'll never bail on my team but I will criticize it when needed as do other fans here. When people do give suggestions they are dismissed or simply ignored. What do people say when Scot or Alex or Manny are criticized? "Here we go again" or "This thread again" no on one wants to hear it and would much rather sweep it under the rug and blame other things like the refs or other circumstances beyond the Niners control but not the Niners, where the problem really lies.

Here is a list of perspective GM's I found in NFL.com I posted in the "Scot on the hot seat" thread. No Scot supporters said anything after it was posted except for "It's too much to read".

Reply 58 of 72 Dec 5, 2009 at 15:39:37
Originally posted by steiber:
For those people who don't like Scot, lets hear some solutions. Who do you want for a GM? Rather than talk sh*t, come up with a solution to the problem.
This list is a year old but you get the idea-
Group 1 (Rich McKay model)
This group of candidates has done everything required of a GM; there is no learning curve. Show them where their office is and they are up and running.

Charlie Casserly: Former GM of the Washington Redskins and Houston Texans, Casserly is now working on CBS' "NFL Today" show.
James Harris: Just resigned front office executive of the New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Ron Hill: Former front-office executive for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Atlanta Falcons, Hill is presently assistant director of football operations for the NFL.

Mike Lombardi: Former front office executive for the Cleveland Browns and Oakland Raiders, in addition to club experience with the San Francisco 49ers, Denver Broncos and Philadelphia Eagles.

Carl Peterson: Just resigned as president of the Kansas City Chiefs after 20 years. He is well respected in NFL circles and may want to continue his career with another team.

Floyd Reese: Former general manager of the Tennessee Titans for 13 years, Reese is now working in television.

Group 2 (Bill Parcells model)
If Parcells can leave coaching and still turn around the Miami Dolphins from the front office, then so can a number of former head coaches who have the experience to run a franchise. These three candidates could find the right coach to run the team in the same image and likeness they had when they coached, and all three have a solid working knowledge of personnel.

Dan Reeves: Former head coach of the Denver Broncos, New York Giants and Atlanta Falcons.

Marty Schottenheimer: Former head coach of the Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins and San Diego Chargers.

Dick Vermeil: Former head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, St. Louis Rams and Kansas City Chiefs.

Group 3 (Jerry Angelo model)

Stephan Savoia / Associated Press
Expect to hear New England VP of player personnel Scott Pioli's name mentioned a lot in the offseason.

This may be the strongest group, and it also would take some compensation to get these guys out of their present positions. If they don't have total control of the draft and the hiring and firing of the head coach, it's possible to get them. Any one of these five would be excellent to fix a franchise in need of leadership. New England's Scott Pioli is the hottest name in the league right now, and Pittsburgh's Kevin Colbert would be a steal if you could get him out of Pittsburgh.

Kevin Colbert: Director of football operations for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Tom Heckert: General manager of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Bill Kuharich: Vice president of player personnel for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Randy Mueller: Senior executive for the San Diego Chargers.

Scott Pioli: Vice president of player personnel for the New England Patriots.

Group 4 (Thomas Dimitroff model)
The people in this group are all from successful organizations and could impress an owner in an interview. They have been trained by high-profile executives and should carry the ability to bring the philosophy of a winning program to a new club. No one really knew Patriots personnel man Tom Dimitroff before his video interview with the Falcons last year, and now Atlanta has clinched a playoff spot, thanks largely to Dimitroff's first draft pick, Matt Ryan. Roll the dice and that could happen again this year with someone from this group.

Mark Dominik: Director of pro personnel for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

John Dorsey: Director of college scouting for the Green Bay Packers.

Brian Gaine: Assistant director of player personnel for the Miami Dolphins.

Ron Hughes: College scouting coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Scott Studwell: Director of college scouting for the Minnesota Vikings.

Doug Whaley: Pro personnel coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

By no means is this a list of the only 20 people capable of running an organization, but it's a good start when it comes to finding the right guy to run a club.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 9, 2009 at 13:02:58 ]
I'm with ya!!!! buuuuuut im going to need a few drinks to manage.....
Originally posted by King49er:
Go Bengals!

nah it's all about the U, it's all about the U, it's all about the U, it's all about the U
lol I love that song, but seriously I"m with you man it's just niner fans maybe the most spoiled, prideful, whiney, proudest, meanest, sickest, critical, most intelligent fans in football. I mean who else has a 5-0 record in the super bowl we have 100.00 winning percentage and the best record in the biggest games in sports I don't give a sh*t about the steelers having more rings, they lost a game when it counted and we haven't so we are just used to things being a certain way. It will get better
Another one of these BS posts. You should be a blind Raider fan that accepts anything.
Originally posted by King49er:
Go Bengals!

Who dey?

Sure they do. Fire this guy, fire that guy. Cut this guy, sign that guy. Armchair gm's who have no idea wtf they're talking about are a dime a dozen.

What I can't stand are the dudes who disappear after a win, yet come out in full whiner mode after a loss.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Sure they do. Fire this guy, fire that guy. Cut this guy, sign that guy. Armchair gm's who have no idea wtf they're talking about are a dime a dozen.

What I can't stand are the dudes who disappear after a win, yet come out in full whiner mode after a loss.
I'll give props when players deserve it but I'm not going to applaud someone that isn't playing well just because they're Niners. We had the 3rd or 4th easiest schedule this year. If we couldn't get over .500 this year something is wrong. Imagine what happens if we have the 3rd toughest schedule.
We're all Niner fans or we wouldn't be posting in this forum!! For the longest time, I was drinking the kool-aid...hoping against hope the team would improve. I've been a fan for over 50 years...and have seen plenty of ups and downs. The 80's and 90's were great Niner decades...for excellence and 5 SB's. We had dynamic leadership, from the owner on down. Sadly, those days are long gone and we're stuck with the Yorks, who just don't get it. It's seven years and counting since we've been to the playoffs under Mariucci. Since then, we've had Erickson, Nolan, and now Singletary as head coaches. We had Donahue and now McCloughan as GM's. Look around the league...the most successful teams mirror what the Niners used to be. Under the York's ownership, we'll never get back to that. So, yeah, I've become a realist...to see that the team just isn't improving as they should've by now. The Yorks reap what they sow...and they simply haven't done enough to bring the organization back to even respectability. They're rated one of the worst owners in the NFL...for all the reasons I just said. That doesn't even include the stadium issue...Candlestick's a joke, and has been for way too many years. I'm tired of mediocrity...tired of losing seasons...tired of inept management. What's needed are some sweeping changes in leadership...but we all know that'll never happen as long as the Yorks control the team. I'll passionately root for the Niners 'til the day I die...but I want to see them realize their full potential, and that's just not going to happen 'til the Yorks sell the team.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
We're all Niner fans or we wouldn't be posting in this forum!! For the longest time, I was drinking the kool-aid...hoping against hope the team would improve. I've been a fan for over 50 years...and have seen plenty of ups and downs. The 80's and 90's were great Niner decades...for excellence and 5 SB's. We had dynamic leadership, from the owner on down. Sadly, those days are long gone and we're stuck with the Yorks, who just don't get it. It's seven years and counting since we've been to the playoffs under Mariucci. Since then, we've had Erickson, Nolan, and now Singletary as head coaches. We had Donahue and now McCloughan as GM's. Look around the league...the most successful teams mirror what the Niners used to be. Under the York's ownership, we'll never get back to that. So, yeah, I've become a realist...to see that the team just isn't improving as they should've by now. The Yorks reap what they sow...and they simply haven't done enough to bring the organization back to even respectability. They're rated one of the worst owners in the NFL...for all the reasons I just said. That doesn't even include the stadium issue...Candlestick's a joke, and has been for way too many years. I'm tired of mediocrity...tired of losing seasons...tired of inept management. What's needed are some sweeping changes in leadership...but we all know that'll never happen as long as the Yorks control the team. I'll passionately root for the Niners 'til the day I die...but I want to see them realize their full potential, and that's just not going to happen 'til the Yorks sell the team.

Sad but true. Very well said Corva.
thats why i always look at the team with common sense. everyone here likes to bash after a loss, only to come back after a win and look like a total hypocrite like most this board and be all happy.

i stuck with Alex Smith the whole time. from draft day to now. i always said when he got a REAL chance to succeed, he would do it. the 2 years he was hurt, it was like i was on a Rams message board with how hard it was to defend smith through all the bashing.

i was against picking him on draft day. i wanted braylon edwards, or rodgers if we went QB, but when we took him as our pick, i decided to support him 100%. went out and bought a Smith jersey right after. it took a few years, but the patience is starting to pay off.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 10, 2009 at 00:33:35 ]
Share 49ersWebzone