LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

I AM A 49ers FAN!!! WHO'S WITH ME!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I enjoy reading everyone's posting on this site but I have to say a lot of the response from people are so negative. It's like the 49ers are an ugly girlfriend that fans are ashamed of. Always putting them down, always talking about what they can do better, constantly pointing out things that other teams do better, as a fan I am really irritated by all the put downs.

I remember the glory days, I remember what it was like to believe the 49ers were going to win every game. I remember when we lost, not blaming the personnel or the coaches but just counting it as a bad day.

Now I read articles written by local writers and all I hear about is what the 49ers are doing wrong, and Who is to blame for what, and second guessing every decision made by the organization. Should we expect these players to be inhuman just because they make a lot of money, because the culture here has no faith in the 49ers anymore. The 49ers fans have hopes of winning but expectations of failing. Anyone that has had that energy around them knows that the people giving them that energy truly is not on there side. There is no faith that somethings are inexperience, and everything is judged as failures.

Alex Smith throws a touchdown and everyone is on board, he throws an interception and there is a new posting why he should be cut. You listen to how the writers question Singletary in the media and it doesn't sound like they want answers as much as it sounds like they want to tear him down.

So as a fan I am on the 49ers side. So I am not going to sit here and list everything that the 49ers do wrong. I love hearing how the team can get better, but tired of people reiterating obvious mistakes. I know that this isn't a championship team yet but that doesn't mean I should be so pessimistic about each loss.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Dude, I am just here for the Parking Lot. What are these "49ers" you keep talking about?
If you can't appreciate what the 49ers are doing until they start winning all of there games then you aren't a fan you are just waiting for the band wagon
Originally posted by tmg808:
If you can't appreciate what the 49ers are doing until they start winning all of there games then you aren't a fan you are just waiting for the band wagon

oh that wagon is commin my friend lol
Originally posted by Ninerman49:

I know its coming and for some reason all the people on it enjoy eating crow.
Nobody is with you. We just randomly selected one of the 32 NFL teams to spend hours every day on the board discussing.

Most people on this board hate this team. But, I guess we feel obligated to be here every day.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

49ers fans are sick of mediocrity. We've been experiencing that ever since Mooch was fired in 2003. We've made bad personal decisions and coaching decisions time and time again.

If you are fine with mediocrity, then be my guest. Pump your chest when Singletary blows 3 time outs in the first quarter. Pump your chest when Vernon Davis drops 3 balls. Pump your chest when we lose the game, but you only look at the bright spots of it.

But for those who have higher expectations for this team, there's much to dwell on. Does that make us any less of fans? When we criticize the President of the United States about policy, does that make us any less patriotic? No, it does not.

So when we criticize our front office, coaches,and players, why does that make us any less of fans? It doesn't. We are just identifying the trends and weaknesses of our team in hopes that leadership will address the problem.

Besides, this is a f**king 49ers forum. How you can say people are not fans on a FAN-BASED SPORT TEAM WEBSITE is pure irony.

Noobs.
Originally posted by GEEK:

fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

49ers fans are sick of mediocrity. We've been experiencing that ever since Mooch was fired in 2003. We've made bad personal decisions and coaching decisions time and time again.

If you are fine with mediocrity, then be my guest. Pump your chest when Singletary blows 3 time outs in the first quarter. Pump your chest when Vernon Davis drops 3 balls. Pump your chest when we lose the game, but you only look at the bright spots of it.

But for those who have higher expectations for this team, there's much to dwell on. Does that make us any less of fans? When we criticize the President of the United States about policy, does that make us any less patriotic? No, it does not.

So when we criticize our front office, coaches,and players, why does that make us any less of fans? It doesn't. We are just identifying the trends and weaknesses of our team in hopes that leadership will address the problem.

Besides, this is a f**king 49ers forum. How you can say people are not fans on a FAN-BASED SPORT TEAM WEBSITE is pure irony.

Noobs.

Vernon Davis dropping 3 balls is that from lack of effort? Didn't he have over 100 yards receiving. Haven't we heard that Vernon Davis has been catching extra balls after every practice. He doesn't seem ok with his dropped balls, he is making efforts to correct that.

And about wasting those time outs did they really control the outcome of the game? Did those 3 timeouts lose the turnover battle?? Did those 3 timeouts cause the offense to go 1 of 13 on 3rd down conversions?? So do you just accept penalties and give up the possession?

When people say they are fans they always say my team my team. but nobody enjoys somebody always criticizing something they themselves are a part of. It's like a worker constantly talking about how his boss sucks and his job sucks and how the company is ran sucks, nobody really wants to hear that cause its not worth anything by itself. Once again I am not talking about people who are talking about how the team can get better.

I am also not saying I am putting blind faith in this team, but you have to believe that Singletary isn't ok with mediocrity either.

The team had high expectations but haven't lived up to them but at the same time they have not quit.. How can you not respect that...

[ Edited by tmg808 on Dec 9, 2009 at 04:23:00 ]
Dude, I am just here for the Parking Lot. What are these "49ers" you keep talking about?

I am only supporting them until the 50ers come along.

Do we even WATCH football, anyway?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Nobody is with you. We just randomly selected one of the 32 NFL teams to spend hours every day on the board discussing.

Most people on this board hate this team. But, I guess we feel obligated to be here every day.

Originally posted by English:

I am only supporting them until the 50ers come along.

Do we even WATCH football, anyway?

• GEEK
  • Veteran

fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
n.

Noobs.

Vernon Davis dropping 3 balls is that from lack of effort? Didn't he have over 100 yards receiving. Haven't we heard that Vernon Davis has been catching extra balls after every practice. He doesn't seem ok with his dropped balls, he is making efforts to correct that.

And about wasting those time outs did they really control the outcome of the game? Did those 3 timeouts lose the turnover battle?? Did those 3 timeouts cause the offense to go 1 of 13 on 3rd down conversions?? So do you just accept penalties and give up the possession?

When people say they are fans they always say my team my team. but nobody enjoys somebody always criticizing something they themselves are a part of. It's like a worker constantly talking about how his boss sucks and his job sucks and how the company is ran sucks, nobody really wants to hear that cause its not worth anything by itself. Once again I am not talking about people who are talking about how the team can get better.

I am also not saying I am putting blind faith in this team, but you have to believe that Singletary isn't ok with mediocrity either.

The team had high expectations but haven't lived up to them but at the same time they have not quit.. How can you not respect that...

WTF are you talking about? You a chick? "oh no, all this criticizing is getting to me". Thank you for not even addressing my main point.

I want results, as Singletary and the rest of the team promised. Jed York stated that our season wouldn't end in December. They made promises and they failed to live up to it. That's going to make fans mad, considering we've been rebuilding since 200-f**king-3. To not have fans riled us about it would send the wrong message to ownership.

How can I not respect that they haven't quit? Because they get paid millions of f**king dollars, that's why. In my book, people don't automatically get respect because the meet and do the minimum requirements at their job.
There seems to be two types of fans. Those who accept shiet and those who don't. I guess I fall into the don't accept shiet.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
I enjoy reading everyone's posting on this site but I have to say a lot of the response from people are so negative. It's like the 49ers are an ugly girlfriend that fans are ashamed of. Always putting them down, always talking about what they can do better, constantly pointing out things that other teams do better, as a fan I am really irritated by all the put downs.

I remember the glory days, I remember what it was like to believe the 49ers were going to win every game. I remember when we lost, not blaming the personnel or the coaches but just counting it as a bad day.

Now I read articles written by local writers and all I hear about is what the 49ers are doing wrong, and Who is to blame for what, and second guessing every decision made by the organization. Should we expect these players to be inhuman just because they make a lot of money, because the culture here has no faith in the 49ers anymore. The 49ers fans have hopes of winning but expectations of failing. Anyone that has had that energy around them knows that the people giving them that energy truly is not on there side. There is no faith that somethings are inexperience, and everything is judged as failures.

Alex Smith throws a touchdown and everyone is on board, he throws an interception and there is a new posting why he should be cut. You listen to how the writers question Singletary in the media and it doesn't sound like they want answers as much as it sounds like they want to tear him down.

So as a fan I am on the 49ers side. So I am not going to sit here and list everything that the 49ers do wrong. I love hearing how the team can get better, but tired of people reiterating obvious mistakes. I know that this isn't a championship team yet but that doesn't mean I should be so pessimistic about each loss.

i'm with you!! lots of people on here like to wallow in misery. i choose to focus on different things, but that's just me. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

NO WAY!?
Share 49ersWebzone