LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Has Singletary failed us as fans this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has Singletary failed us as fans this season?

"Physical with an F" "Just watch" "Just be there" "Be there from the beggining" "We are a PlayOff Team" "We will run the ball at will" "We go out and hit people in the mouth" "I WANT WINNERS"

All that s**t sounded good. It really did. I was a beleiver. I was pumped about this season. Not saying that I'm not a beleiver any more nor am I saying I have lost faith in Coach... but he talked a gang of s**t that he didn't back up...

He FORCED us as a fans to have higher expectations. He FORCED us to expect to be in the playoffs. Jed allowed him to raise our expectations. Good marketing gimmicks for bottom line? Sure seems like it. Woulda been nice if ANY of it actually had any merit...

So I ask you as a 49er fan, when the 49ers don't make the playoff's this season (yes when NOT if), will Coach Singletary have failed us?

[ Edited by zozell on Dec 8, 2009 at 23:11:52 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I think Coach Singletary has this team on the right path.
I guess, but what do you want him to do? Apologize?
Originally posted by zozell:
He FORCED us as a fans to have higher expectations. He FORCED us to expect to be in the playoffs. Jed allowed him to raise our expectations.

uh, sure man.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Dec 8, 2009 at 23:01:14 ]
Originally posted by darkknight49:
He FORCED us as a fans to have higher expectations. He FORCED us to expect to be in the playoffs. Jed allowed him to raise our expectations.

uh, sure man.

When was the last time u saw a Rookie HC, a Rookie Owner, a GM, and a Director of marketing get on a panel and take questions from fans, where the HC blew all kinds of smoke up our asses??? Do u not remember that little State of the Franchise Special before the Season Started?

Singletary was talking as if he walked on water, almost trying to make fans look dumb for asking him Valid questions! Have you ever seen an Rookie NFL coach so cocky as to talk THAT MUCH s**t before the season started?

He talked it, got us to bite, and couldn't deliver... so "uh sure man " yourself...

[ Edited by zozell on Dec 8, 2009 at 23:17:34 ]
i just wanted to make the playoffs so f-in bad..i do think we are on the right track and actually have a decent amount of talent
whats wrong with expectations... there was only one game that we got beat bad, we have improved leaps and bounds from last year. If he doesnt get it done next year then it will be time to question whether he is the guy or not.
Originally posted by jrg:
I think Coach Singletary has this team on the right path.

uh, sure man.

When was the last time u saw a Rookie HC, a Rookie Owner, a GM, and a Director of marketing get on a panel and take questions from fans, where the HC blew all kinds of smoke up our asses??? Do u not remember that little State of the Franchise Special before the Season Started?

Singletary was talking as if he walked on water, almost trying to make fans look dumb for asking him Valid questions! Have you ever seen an Rookie NFL coach so cocky as to talk THAT MUCH s**t before the season started?

He talked it, got us to bite, and couldn't deliver... so "uh sure man " yourself...

you dont have to listen. Its your own fault if you bit, expected the playoffs and are now disappointed.
I do feel a little let down by Coach Sing. He set the bar pretty high, but I do think he's the right guy for the job.

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for zozell.

uh, sure man.

you dont have to listen. Its your own fault if you bit, expected the playoffs and are now disappointed.

U didn't bite?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
He earned a shot as Head Coach toward the end of last year...his shot didn't turn out very different from the guy he replaced.
He is a poor coach who has lost us some games. But he is a good motivator and he is far from the only problem with this organization. The problems start higher than him.

LOOK UP THE LADDER HIGHER...

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 8, 2009 at 23:53:54 ]
I thought 4 sure he was taking us to the playoffs this year
Originally posted by King49er:
I thought 4 sure he was taking us to the playoffs this year

I don't think he ever will with his game management / time management. He gets out coached in every single game. IMO he is intense and a good motivator but terrible at X's and O's.
Share 49ersWebzone