There are 310 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree vs. Percy Harvin?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Minnesota got Steve Smith. We got Keyshawn Johnson.

do you guys still remember crabtree missed all of tc and a few gms????? yes harvin is good but we have 1 equally as good and can become better. plus we can make it up by having a harvin of our own if we can get spiller
Harvin won't put up the same numbers once favre retires and he has tavaris Jackson throwing him the ball
Originally posted by GoFD74:

Speak your mind boy...I'm just projecting as to who they may pan out to be based on how they're playing now. If I'm off then again, speak your mind.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Harvin > Crabtree

Crabtree is slow, Harvin very explosive and can take it the distance on any play.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Harvin is on a better team with a better QB. Crabtree doesn't have that kind of speed.

This. Crabs will develop though and become a good player. He's looked good so far.
to Raiders for taking Bey.
Originally posted by susweel:
Harvin > Crabtree

Crabtree is slow, Harvin very explosive and can take it the distance on any play.

I think Harvin is more explosive, but I think Crabtree will end up being more consistent. Right now Harvin looks like a bigger, faster Wes Welker in the slot. Crabtree looks more like a Larry Fitzgerald.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

True that, but it looks like they struck gold in the fourth round take Luis Murphy. I have been very impressed with him.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Harvin > Crabtree

I think Harvin is more explosive, but I think Crabtree will end up being more consistent. Right now Harvin looks like a bigger, faster Wes Welker in the slot. Crabtree looks more like a Larry Fitzgerald.

Fitzgerald>Welker

Speak your mind boy...I'm just projecting as to who they may pan out to be based on how they're playing now. If I'm off then again, speak your mind.

I'm not shy and will speak my mind in detail when I think it's worth speaking. To project Harvin as "Steve Smith" and Crabtree as "Keyshawn Johnson" 12 games in to their rookie seasons warranted nothing more than a from me.

In other words, it's a silly discussion to have in detail since nobody knows what they're going to turn into, and there are so many factors that go into their respective success (sometimes even out of their control).

[ Edited by GoFD74 on Dec 9, 2009 at 11:14:26 ]
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

True that, but it looks like they struck gold in the fourth round take Luis Murphy. I have been very impressed with him.

Don't let the Pit game fool you. He is average. My friend who is a Raiders fan argued that Murphy is better than Crabtree. We looked at the stats and before the Pit game Crabtree already had out performed him (with 5 less games). Furthermore, Murphy has bad hands as well. When it is all said and done he is a number 3 WR. IMO.

I'm not shy and will speak my mind in detail when I think it's worth speaking. To project Harvin as "Steve Smith" and Crabtree as "Keyshawn Johnson" 12 games in to their rookie seasons warranted nothing more than a from me.

My goodness--everyone does this even the draft analyzers..in fact someone in this thread just mentioned that Crabtree resembles Fitz and Harvin, a bigger and faster Welker.

My goodness--everyone does this even the draft analyzers..in fact someone in this thread just mentioned that Crabtree resembles Fitz and Harvin, a bigger and faster Welker.

You're basically saying, after 12 games....The Vikings got an all-pro performer and we got a loudmouth bust who catches more heat from his coaches than balls.

I'm saying, we REALLY don't know that yet. But hey, you're welcome to that opinion...I just don't have much to say beyond "we just don't know enough yet."

[ Edited by GoFD74 on Dec 9, 2009 at 11:24:12 ]

You're basically saying, after 12 games....The Vikings got an all-pro performer and we got a loudmouth bust who catches more heat from his coaches than balls.

I'm saying, we REALLY don't know that yet. But hey, you're welcome to that opinion...I just don't have much to say beyond "we just don't know enough yet."

No I'm not basically saying that. I'm sorry that you took my response literally.
Share 49ersWebzone