LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

This team is close but a STUPID ORGANIZATION.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We won't make the playoffs but we have found our QB of the future. Alex has been throwing super well since he took over. The best he ever played by far. That's the most important development of the season. We can't go far in the playoffs yet anyway since we still have significant holes.

These are the positives we have.

Alex Smith
Michael Crabtree
Vernon Davis
Frank Gore
Joe Staley
Patrick Willis
Justin Smith
Nate Clements

This is not a completely awful team. Just a stupid organization. For example look at these.

~ Pick a star shotgun / spread offense QB and play him for 4 1/2 years in the I formation slamming the RB into the pile. Until you finally figure out 1/2 way through year 5 gee maybe the spread would be good for him...

~ Fire Mooch - a playoff HC for what?

~ Hire NoWin and singFRAUD with no Head Coaching experience... And boy does it show.

~ The current game management and clock management is the worst I've ever seen under sing. A timeout the first play of the game... Pep rally timeouts... A reverse and fumble to give the other team the ball inside the red zone when you are controlling the game on offense and it's far from necessary...

We absolutely cannot win with sing. He is overmatched and outcoached in every game. Plus he cut our return guy. You could make a real legit argument that cost us 2 games outright. The Houston and Seattle games. 7 - 5 looks a lot better than 5 - 7.

We need O line help, a pass rusher and a safety. Plus we need to stop with the mickey mouse QB rotation and commit to Alex now for 2010. Spread offense all the way and Alex gets all the starter snaps all offseason. Why don't we also try something we never tried before. The same OC 2 years in a row. Gee what a concept...

We also are going to probably have to trade Frank Gore. He's terrible catching the ball and is always stumbling around and falling down in the passing game. He's very awkward in the spread and a stud in the I formation. So if we can get a speed back who can catch (A poor mans Chris Johnson - nobody is as good as Johnson) plus some draft picks we will have a good fit for the spread. Reggie Bush would be perfect. He catches super well. He has excellent body control and coordination and excellent speed.

We lose mostly because we have stupid ownership and senior management who keep hiring and sticking with coaches who are losers or never were a HC before in the NFL. It just doesn't make sense.

~ John York - does not care.
~ Denise Debartolo York - certainly does not care. I doubt she even watches the games.
~ Jed York - The 27 year old SILVER SPOONER needed something to do when he grew up so the family handed him a $1 Billion franchise with no experience.
~ Paraag Marathe - A recent MBA grad with no experience.

This is who is running our franchise. And it explains hiring guys like NoWin and singFRAUD when they could have the likes of Mike Shannahan or Mike Holmgren instead. Heck even Mooch was a massive upgrade over this but the Yorks couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Our talent level is much improved over the last few years. We don't lose because of talent. We lose because our organization is stupid and they hire stupid coaches and the STUPID TRICKLES ON DOWN to play calling, clock management, personnel management and not even knowing who your best players are until 1/2 of the season is lost.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 8, 2009 at 14:39:53 ]
tell us how you really feel...

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kidash:

The points made are correct.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

The points made are my opinions.

Fixed
I dont agree with trading Gore, we dont have too, and probably wont, we arent in dire need of cap space, so no reason to trade.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Such a negative Nancy San Diego!

Maybe they hired Sing because of his promise. Shanahan, Holmgren, Mooch were all rookie head coaches at one point right? I guarantee you Sing will be a great head coach in this league (hopefully with us). He's just going through the rookie growing pains of a head coach. He will learn, grow and prosper hopefully starting next year.

Some, not all... most are your opinions...

Some, not all... most are your opinions...

What do you disagree with?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I dont agree with trading Gore, we dont have too, and probably wont, we arent in dire need of cap space, so no reason to trade.

We are going to the spread offense. We need more receivers who can catch. One who could catch out of the backfield real well would be great. That's not Frank. At this point Frank would still get a lot in a trade. If we wait too long he won't. Plus he's taken a huge # of hits. He probably has 2 - 3 years left at a high level.

However I'm ok with the possibility of keeping him. We just need to add a speed back who has excellent hands for 3rd down situations if we do keep him. And Frank is great but needs to fumble less.

Originally posted by 9erReign:

That didn't contribute much to the thread.
Those are some strong arguments and I agree with most...especially keeping Smith as a starter (and I used to be a Hill supporter at the start of the season). The only ones I don't agree with are:

1) Trading away Gore and signing Bush. Why not keep Gore and try to sign Bush anyway. I don't think Coffee is our future RB, have a feeling he'll be our back-up even if Gore leaves down the road.

2) I don't agree with releasing Rossum, either. But I believe he's been injured in Dallas, too. So, he wouldn't be of much help anyway. Besides, Battle and Jones isn't getting much PT, might as well make use of them in some aspect of the game. Battle won't return, and Jones should get more PT next season. We'll probably find our KR/PR in FA.

3) I can't believe Heitmann is constantly left out of everyone's list when we mention our great players. He's the most under-rated, most under-appreciated guy on this team and deserves some credit, too.

4) No mentioned of our "beloved" GM? Along with Nolan, I think McCloughan did get some definite great picks in Gore, Willis, and dare I say Smith who's finally performing well (under shotgun obviously). But he deserves some blame, too.

But like I said, I pretty much agree with all the rest you talked about.
I actually think that Gore is a great receiver out of the backfield. I would not advise trading him since we don't have anybody who is better than him.

Yes Gore is more suited to a power running game, but that doesn't mean that we can't adapt the offense to both Smith and Gore - 3WRs, single back.

If we do fire Singletary, and make a run at Shanahan, that would most likely mean that we'd have to learn a whole new offense again. This is absolutely the last thing that I would want for our offense, and especially for Smith since he finally looks so comfortable.

-9fA
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Share 49ersWebzone