LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Try Davis before the end of the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
IMHO...Davis looked BETTER in his 1st preseason games than Alex Smith did in his 1st preaseason games. That's is why I am excited about Nate Davis. Does that mean Nate is and will be better? I can't say. But it does indicate to me that Nate has POTENTIAL.

Having said that, I think we should give Alex Smith the starting job for the remainder of this year and NEXT year, and lets build the offense around Alex Smith and see if he can take us to playoffs next year.

However, if I was management/coaching, I would promote Nate Davis to the #2 spot behind Alex. Remember guys, the #2 guy is one injury away from starting. If Alex gets hurt, I would rather see Nate Davis develop and play than Shaun Hill.

So does this mean you are admitting that Smith isn't the total bust you proclaimed him here and on other sites?
Originally posted by carlgo:
Smith is doing a lot better than I thought he would. Still does those Smith things, but obviously has improved a lot.

Still, when the playoffs are officially out of reach, then the end of the season should be practice for next year, a pre-pre season.

Let's see what Davis can do against starters.

It would be better for Smith to sit for a half as part of a planned discovery process than to simply be yanked.

It is very important for the team to know exactly what they have at QB prior to the draft.

Oh, and I don't care what the team's record is if they don't make the post-season. That is only important to coach's employment and, well, I sure don't care about that.
Oh great, so now you pull Smith basiclly saying to him:
"Lsiten, you've played Ok but we're not sold on you"

That will do wonders for his confidence.
14 TDs and 7 INTs in the 6 or 7 games he has been back? Imagine if he had played the entire year in the spread offense we are running.... awesome
How is this thread up to 6 pages?
Some people don't even comprehend what the word "project" means do they?

No, we will not be playing Davis unless Alex runs into some injury, nor should we
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
IMHO...Davis looked BETTER in his 1st preseason games than Alex Smith did in his 1st preaseason games. That's is why I am excited about Nate Davis. Does that mean Nate is and will be better? I can't say. But it does indicate to me that Nate has POTENTIAL.

Having said that, I think we should give Alex Smith the starting job for the remainder of this year and NEXT year, and lets build the offense around Alex Smith and see if he can take us to playoffs next year.

However, if I was management/coaching, I would promote Nate Davis to the #2 spot behind Alex. Remember guys, the #2 guy is one injury away from starting. If Alex gets hurt, I would rather see Nate Davis develop and play than Shaun Hill.

So does this mean you are admitting that Smith isn't the total bust you proclaimed him here and on other sites?

Sure. Smith isn't a total bust but has he lived up to the expectations of a #1 pick? TBD....IMHO....

However, you are welcome to rub it in more when Smith starts to play with a winning record. And we will see by the end of his career if he can be ala top QB in the league. Just because he has been putting up good numbers doesn't mean he will be that guy.
No.

"Any Given Sunday."

We have no idea if the Cards will implode or not. While highly unlikely, the 49ers are still not eliminated from contention. If Warner or any other star player(s) gets hurt, the Cardinals could lose 3 of their next four.

I seriously doubt it'll happen, but these players are paid to treat the season like it's never over (even when it actually is). Davis won't get anything more than mop-up time play, if that.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Nate Davis should only start if we make the playoffs

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=133110&highlight=Nate%20Davis
Share 49ersWebzone