LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 338 users in the forums

All Is Not Lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • NM49ERFAN
  • Info N/A
It sucks watching this team lose close games. I hate saying we almost won. San Francisco 49ers- "The ALMOST Team of the Year".
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
We're an 7-9/8-8 team.

Anyone who expected this team to make the playoffs this season had unreasonable expectations and that is why they feel crushed and disappointed.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
That's right. Let's enjoy another December of meaningless Playoff-less 49ers football. After all, we had plenty of moral victories this year to make us forget about the Playoffs. I have completely given up any hope of the 49ers making the Playoffs as long as the Yorks own the team. But that still doesn't make these meaningless late December games any less painful to watch.

this.
Originally posted by crzy:
We're an 7-9/8-8 team.

Anyone who expected this team to make the playoffs this season had unreasonable expectations and that is why they feel crushed and disappointed.

Yeah, since April I knew this was going be a transitional year, and 2010 has been the year I'm going to really let myself get excited over. -We all know Sing is practically a rookie HC figuring out what he can do with Nolan's sloppy seconds before a huge cap-less off-season (with 2 1st round picks).

So if we go through this in 2010, then I'd probably say it would be time to raise hell. -Mike Sando really put things the way I've seen them (in his recent blog), cause if we had snuck into the playoffs with Shaun Hill and Sing's initial mentality this team would really be direction-less for 3 more years.
  • Veteran
That's right. Let's enjoy another December of meaningless Playoff-less 49ers football. After all, we had plenty of moral victories this year to make us forget about the Playoffs. I have completely given up any hope of the 49ers making the Playoffs as long as the Yorks own the team. But that still doesn't make these meaningless late December games any less painful to watch.

Amen.
man this place makes me laugh...
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by excelsior:
Consider that the NFL is made up of 32 teams, each one striving to go to the SB. Out of those 32, about 10 of those teams are run by stable organizations composed of very smart people (owners, GM, personnel chief, scouts, HC, OC DC, etc.) This is what Walsh brought to the 49ers and it carried into the Siefert years.

But, I fear that for the last ten years we have been run by pretty average people (below-average in some cases). Unless we have superior intellects here making personnel and coaching decisions, we are doomed to remain average. Have you ever listened to McCloughan being interviewed on KNBR?

I rest my case.

Interesting point , I was just watching MNF and thinking why can't the 9ers get any name coaches that have actually turned a D or O around, why does Sing use pretty much the same staff that Nolan had , that's continuity I don't want
Apologies gladly accepted.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

this.

If you could get no enjoyment as a Niner fan from a game like the one played tonight then why waste your time on the team at all?
Originally posted by altadenaniner:
C'mon, people, let's think positive. This team is light years better than anything post Mouch. And when the powers that be decide to put a real offensive plan into action, something that accounts for both the pass and the run, they'll stop losing these close games.

The Niners will beat the Tards this week, and probably put Warner on the sidelines. How do I know this? Because they got nothing to lose anymore -- and no one expects them to do squat.

That's loser talk.
- Homer Simpson.

Share 49ersWebzone