LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Where are the bigmouths now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All the ads and T-shirts for "Don't tell me, show me." -- It turned out to be all talk, not enough action.

Jed said last year was the "last time we go home in December." Guess not.

What are they going to say next year?
They're just slogans and not the 10 Commandments. Calm down.
well, technically, the season ends on Jan 3

Sorry, I just had to do it.
OK. Go back in time to the period in which Nolan got canned. Anyone - particularly the OP - not think the team has got significantly better since then? Significantly better.

Suddenly players are getting developed. Smith might be one example. Brooks certainly is. Now we have a core around which to build and a quarterback who may well be able to lead us where we want to go.

Lots to do. O line. Defensive backfield. Maybe pass rush. But nothing insurmountable.

Bigmouths?
I would reconsider the "bigmouth" term, but there does need to be accountability for the way the season has turned out. Whether it starts at the top or if it's the players fault. Personally I feel Singletary is not ready yet for a HC postiion. He has been learning all year on the job and it cost us the playoffs. Jed will have to talk with everyone.
Bigmouths may not be the best word. But man I'm not too bummed out because of how the Free agent period went, and the draft I could see this year being another letdown.
wtf is jed supposed to say?
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:

Sorry, I just had to do it.

Damn, that thing looks mean!
I got your big mouth right here!

Originally posted by sacniner:

good point.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sacniner:

I guess, but both he and Sing sound like douches, with all the bluster and absolutely no idea how to actually make it happen
i think sign has showed this team how to be physical, & put the team in positions to win but the team hasn't finish. this team has been competitive week in & week out. taking leads in to the 4th & comebacks & all but no finish. i think coach sign is showing you but the players aren't. i also think him & jed put ALOT of pressure on this season by talking playoffs. sign should handle it like brian billick & not allow n-e-one to talk about it until the team earned the right to.
This team is way more disciplined then any of the Nolan teams with a lot of the same personnel. Guys are properly developing and gaining confidence. That didn't happen with Nolan. The growth of Davis and Smith, Singletary is responsible for that. But even still, this team is only a few players removed from the Nolan team he took over, so how much improvement did you think you would see after 1 draft and minimal personnel improvements? Contrary to popular thought, all coaches aren't hired because they can X and O a muhfvcker to death.

Singletary makes dumb, stupid azz rookie coach mistakes and does some unconventional things as well which he should be held accountable for, but firing him now puts the team back in identity crisis mode and it isn't even logical. If he is pulling the same sh!t in 2 years from now, then dump his azz. You cant look at this team and say its not improved and its under achieving. Outside of Willis, Davis, J. Smith and Franklin as well as Crabtrees potential upside, we got a bunch of young unproven, underdeveloped draft picks sprinkled in with some average/above average veterans and a bunch of waiver wire FA pick ups. Wow how come were arent 10-2 right now with that juggernaut of a roster?

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Dec 8, 2009 at 01:44:55 ]
Share 49ersWebzone