LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Yes, this one hurt, but...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Yup, that one hurt. But, I don't think we're as far away from being a contender as some on this board think. Becoming a playoff team is typically a process...you start off being horrible (2005), then you become less horrible over time (2006-2009) then you begin to learn how to win (2010 and beyond).

You get to see how just making a few plays here and there can make all the difference in the world between a 10-6 record and a 6-10 record. You then get your current playmakers (Smith, VD, Crabs, Gore, Morgan, Walker, etc.) to eliminate the key mistakes, and add a few more playmakers to the mix, and you're on your way.

Point being, this season is something to build on (especially with the emergence of Alex Smith as a viable QB) and not just another potential losing season.

Yeah but there is a line there. Obviously not all teams continously grow. You run the risk of believing you are still progressing when in reality maybe the team is maxed out on potential. There is 3 directions we can head on, continue to progress, this team hits a wall or blow it up and try again.

I see your point, but I don't think this team has hit the wall. They have progressed as this season has gone on.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
We still have somewhat of a shot with the wild card.

I just want to see this team in a damn playoff game.

I'm tired of waiting for next year, every year.

It's draining.

Agreed! I haven't been to a playoff game since 2002. I'm ready to go back and be at a game where people are actually into it and yelling! I yell my ass off at every game, and I wish everyone else would do the same, playoffs should bring that right back!
Last year JTO working for the opposition killed our season. Also you can factor in Nolan's firing and all that blah, blah, blah.

This year it was all about trying to find an identity with yet another OC, coupled with a QB change, a rookie HC, poor O-line play, blah, blah, blah.

The QB situation at least right now, seems to have been answered. Sing is a student of whatever he does, so I have no doubt that he will vastly improve on his mistakes. I really thought as the year progressed that Raye was a poor choice for OC, but the big picture has become clearer, and I believe especially for continuity's sake that he should remain.

With 2 first rounders in the draft, and a year in Raye's system for Smith, also with a year under Sing's belt as an NFL HC, next year there will be absolutely NO EXCUSES.

There have been a few posters in this forum, myself not included, that have said that 2010 is our year. They had better be right.
Share 49ersWebzone