There are 189 users in the forums

Punt returner/Kick returnes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Cutting Rossem was a big mistake. We are putting a new guy back there every week and they all look lost. Battle got benched the last 2 weeks and somehow he was good enough to get his job back because Jones looks like he is going to drop the ball every time. The thing that really gets me is that we were up 7-0, dominating the game, and we decide to do a trick play with the 2 worst punt returners we have had this season.
Rossem was a great returner I totally agree. I would have let someone else go , like Jones or Battle...
dont get me started on the rossum cut! I called it the second it happened. That move was gonna cost us a few games and I truly believe it has. field position is HUGE for our team.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ernick:
Rossem was a great returner I totally agree. I would have let someone else go , like Jones or Battle...

Rossem wasn't that great anymore, but he would atleast get 10 yards or something and not drop the ball.
Originally posted by pd24:

Rossem wasn't that great anymore, but he would atleast get 10 yards or something and not drop the ball.

yea, "great" wouldn't be the word to describe it but he was at least dependable.
Special teams lost this game, not dropped passes our anything else

The fumble which led to a touchdown and the last punt we had where burleson ran 21 yards to give them great field position to get in FG range

thats 10 points right there
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

The fumble which led to a touchdown and the last punt we had where burleson ran 21 yards to give them great field position to get in FG range

Befor the fumbled punt, the D was playing great and getting to the QB a lot. After they gave up the TD, they looked deflated on the next series and gave up another TD, and got it back together after that. If we don't fumble that punt, I think we were on our way to a blowout.

Befor the fumbled punt, the D was playing great and getting to the QB a lot. After they gave up the TD, they looked deflated on the next series and gave up another TD, and got it back together after that. If we don't fumble that punt, I think we were on our way to a blowout.

exactly
After being cut by the Niners, Rossum played one game with Cowboys and then was injured. He was cut about 4 weeks after that. The guy couldn't stay healthy.

That being said, return game has been a joke this season and has cost the Niners more than a few games.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
After being cut by the Niners, Rossum played one game with Cowboys and then was injured. He was cut about 4 weeks after that. The guy couldn't stay healthy.

That being said, return game has been a joke this season and has cost the Niners more than a few games.

I thought that Spurlock guy the Niners cut was a return man with the Bucks? My point is, we just need someone that can do an average job. Just get 5 to 10 yards and not drop the ball. Battle has been involved in 2 fumbles and both resulted in TD's. The Houston game, and yesterday. We lost both games by 3.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

yea, "great" wouldn't be the word to describe it but he was at least dependable.

He is no Hester , but at least he brought a few returns to the end zone and got positive yards most of the time
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

1 thing of MANY that MUST be addressed this off-season.

Yeah I believe this one play cost the game. All the momentum was lost and Seattle scored 14 pts quick.
Share 49ersWebzone