LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

7 Losses! 6 of them by TD or Less! We Can't Finish!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So who is to blame when we cannot finish a game? We have lost 6 of our 7 games by a TD or less! Is it on the coaches? The Players? The gameplanning? Whats it fall on! These heartbreaking losses can only happen so many times! We must FINISH!!!!!!

Guys I guess we can take this as some good news: Our 2009 season reminds me a lot of the Green Bay Packers 2008 Season! They lost 6 games by 4 points or less, and in part it made them a better overall team this year, and a Stronger QB! So lets hope with these tough losses, the 49ers understand the meaning of Finishing and gather up to put forth a terriffic 2010 season, like the GB PACKERS are showing.

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Dec 7, 2009 at 00:06:56 ]
mostly coaching. they all weren't really close games though. we would make 14 pt+ comebacks.
We have a horrific coach with terrible game planning and time management. He costs us in close games. A good motivator but a loser coach.

~ Call timeout the first play...

~ Go on 4th instead of kicking the field goal. Wind up with nothing (-3).

~ Run a reverse on a return when your team is ahead and in control. Give them 7. (-7).

This guy is simply horrific. We can't ever win with him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We have a horrific coach with terrible game planning and time management. He costs us in close games. A good motivator but a loser coach.

~ Run a reverse on a return when your team is ahead and in control. Give them 7. (-7).

go be a chargers fan. please.
Originally posted by Niners99:

go be a chargers fan. please.

No.
than how do you explain, the fumbles, the Drops! thats on the players. I put this loss on the players, but maybe one of our previous losses on the coaching staff.

WE NEED TO UTILIZE GORE MORE THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I love our passing Attack, but our best Offensive weapon is GORE, and he's no where to be found. its pathetic,.,

Did you guys hear what Jim Mora said about Gore after the game?

You make some good points SD but.....the question I have is this....would the Niners be even in these games if it weren't for Sing's motivational skills? I frankly don't know but I do know that this team is a lot more competitive (especially on the road) that it has been in recent years so I see obvious improvement. What is needed to get to the next level? Sing said it himself.....more WINNERS!

Don't get me wrong.....I share your concerns about Sing...but I do think he has shown some open mindedness in this, his first full year, and has a chance to grow into the job. Whether or not he will is another question for another day....
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

You make some good points SD but.....the question I have is this....would the Niners be even in these games if it weren't for Sing's motivational skills? I frankly don't know but I do know that this team is a lot more competitive (especially on the road) that it has been in recent years so I see obvious improvement. What is needed to get to the next level? Sing said it himself.....more WINNERS!

Don't get me wrong.....I share your concerns about Sing...but I do think he has shown some open mindedness in this, his first full year, and has a chance to grow into the job. Whether or not he will is another question for another day....

We must remember this is Singletary's first year..so we must give him time:

Nolans years:
4-12 year 1
7-9 year 2
5-11 year 3
2-5 year 4

Singletary:
5-4 pre-year 1 (interim)
5-7 year 1.

he maybe on better pace than Singletary! what we have to see, lets say the 49ers end the year at 7-9! Its Sings year 2 , that they'll be expected to make the playoffs not year 3. So next year is when SING must show the key progress.
at least were losing close games for a change. remember the falcons game earlier this year? remember how thats how all our losses used to be?

yeah....so everyone quit whining. were competing again.
This happened to Miami a few years ago, they went 1-15 and lost most of their games by less than a touchdown and the next year they made the playoffs. Hopefully this can be us.

• ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
when games are close, you can blame everyone because any tiny mistake could be the reason taht costed you the game
  • nooj
  • Veteran
I just want to know who is responsible for that last drive. 51 seconds left and we call three passing plays in a row?

Whatever happened to situational clock management? It was not a situation where we needed a first down to ice the clock. It was not a situation where we needed to drive down to score. All we had to do was make sure not to go three and out with time left on the clock. So very frustrating.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
A few things break our way and we win this game. I'm not as disappoomted as alot of people. We just need this offense to mesh together in the off season. Add a RT and pass rusher in the draft and we should compete for the division next year.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 7, 2009 at 05:23:37 ]
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
than how do you explain, the fumbles, the Drops! thats on the players. I put this loss on the players, but maybe one of our previous losses on the coaching staff.

WE NEED TO UTILIZE GORE MORE THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I love our passing Attack, but our best Offensive weapon is GORE, and he's no where to be found. its pathetic,.,

If we had a decent oline that could block sure but each time we have tired to run it's 1 or 2 yards and that is it.

Also, remember those 4th and 1 plays where we didn't get any push from the oline and failed to get the first down?
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

That falls on the coachs.

You must practice with the intent of reaching perfection on every play.

Even though you can never reach perfection, you will never even come close if you don't even try.
Share 49ersWebzone