LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Did We Get A Consistent Pass Rush?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We got five sacks but was our pass rush consistent through the game? Did the front 7 do their jobs well?
They looked pretty good our secondary however they looked horrible
Originally posted by kstolai:

We needed Nate.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
yeah they got a decent pass rush going although sometimes hback had way to much time.
Nate needs to come back. Manlaw looked like a legite pass rusher today
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by kstolai:

We needed Nate.

bad. We also need to draft/kidnap another very good CB.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

I forgot, that was one of the bright spots today. Manny was becoming a force in the backfield.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

I forgot, that was one of the bright spots today. Manny was becoming a force in the backfield.

Yeah and Brooks got a bit of pressure too. He seemed the very close to the QB most of the time then other players. I think Lawson is benifiting from not having to play every down.
Yeah but the secondary "made up for it" by letting everyone get open ridiculously quick.
We have the worst secondary in the league, but yeah we did get some good pressure today.

Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Yeah and Brooks got a bit of pressure too. He seemed the very close to the QB most of the time then other players. I think Lawson is benifiting from not having to play every down.

Yea brookes was around Matty all day
Sounds like we are making some progression on our pass rush. Did J. Smith, or McDonald contribut to the pressure on the QB? How about Sop and Franklin, did they play well?
Its hard to evaluate how well the pass rush affects the game. If the niners can get a consistent pass rush the secondary will play tighter throughout the game. Many times when a DB is playing off of the WR its because the play called for it. There might be a problem with the confidence of our current players to consistently get a pass rush.
Looks like Manny was playing pretty well and A.Brooks did a good job replacing him.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
We have the worst secondary in the league, but yeah we did get some good pressure today.

I dont think we have had a good secondary since Deion Sanders was here
Share 49ersWebzone