There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

Do we want a new head coach? And if so, who?

Yes, it seems Sing is in way over his head especially on offense
Scott was hoping for an offensive coach, but settled for Sing after last year.

You've talked about the retreads. Who is a bright young offensive mind? Meyer will stay at Florida. I was interested in Mcdaniels but he went to Denver.

I'm not from CA. What do you guys think about Jim Harbaugh from Standford?
I think he'll want to coach in the NFL like his brother. College to the NFL is risky but he's a bright offensive mind who knows the NFL.
We already had the new head coach once. Lets go back and get mooch. Alex can't do iform so take another qb because all those coach's your naming are west coast.
Jesus Christ.
Originally posted by jobiwon:
Yes, it seems Sing is in way over his head especially on offense
Scott was hoping for an offensive coach, but settled for Sing after last year.

You've talked about the retreads. Who is a bright young offensive mind? Meyer will stay at Florida. I was interested in Mcdaniels but he went to Denver.

I'm not from CA. What do you guys think about Jim Harbaugh from Standford?
I think he'll want to coach in the NFL like his brother. College to the NFL is risky but he's a bright offensive mind who knows the NFL.

Harbaugh went to Blackhawk to have coffee with Al, talked about old times... but nothing cause Harbaugh thinks too much of himself and expected too much. The ownership is convinced that he would not be agreeable to sign on qs our HC intern.
its his 1st year ever being a HC i think he deserves a 2nd year
  • soao
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 59
I don't see Simpletary as a first year coach, but an extension of the failed 5 year rebuild under Nolan. I'd rather go one step further and fire Scottie Mac and all the staff.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
You have to give a new coach at least 2 years. Bill Walsh went 2-14 during his rookie year.

I think we just need a new oline and receivers coach.

But the thing that worries me about Sing is his first draft.

Crabtree A
Coffee D
McKillop C
Nate Davis I
Bear Pascoe F
Curtis Taylor C
Ricky Jean D

= C as a total

But then again....his 2009 draft success will always be tied to the 2010 draft because of the 2nd 1st rounder so there's hope :)



You can't grade a draft after 1 year. And furthermore it's like 3/4 of a year when you are doing it. The 1st year isn't even done...

Also Scot M. does the drafting. And Scot traded away some 09 picks to have an extra 1st rounder in 2010. It was known we wouldn't get much other than Crabtree. Next year is our big haul hopefully.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 12, 2009 at 12:29:11 ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
You have to give a new coach at least 2 years. Bill Walsh went 2-14 during his rookie year.

I think we just need a new oline and receivers coach.

But the thing that worries me about Sing is his first draft.

Crabtree A
Coffee D
McKillop C
Nate Davis I
Bear Pascoe F
Curtis Taylor C
Ricky Jean D

= C as a total

But then again....his 2009 draft success will always be tied to the 2010 draft because of the 2nd 1st rounder so there's hope :)

So you can rate a draft before the first season is over? You can't even rate a draft after two seasons. It really takes three. And I have no idea how you would rate Taylor and Jean-Francois a C or D. They were 7th round picks. They aren't supposed to be playing all that much, if at all in their rookie seasons.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
You guys want Nolan as your coach again?


How about Shanahan? Dude needed 15-20 years with one of the greatest qb's of the last century and didn't win anything until the said qb was about to retire. Later he just fell into his usual losing season self.

Holmgren is playing the Parcells card.''Uh I really don't want to coach, buuuuuut
I'll do a mediocre job if you throw in some caveman hookers.''


SINGLETARY WOKE UP MANNY LAWSON, WOKE UP VERNON DAVIS, AND WOKE UP ALEX SMITH.. THE MOTHER OF ALL POSTER BOYS FOR THE '' BUST PICK''

for real
Okay, I like you guys but you guys are NUTS even talking about this. Our GM is not getting fired. Sing is not getting fired. Maybe our Db's coach and Line coach but that is about it.
  • CSRKing21
  • Info N/A
Keep Singletary and Raye they have showed they are willing to change their ways to fit the teams talent....by the way I just signed up here I use to be on the 49ers.com MB but recently got suspended.

[ Edited by CSRKing21 on Dec 12, 2009 at 12:56:52 ]
I believe that SIng will be fine as our HC. He's not doing that bad a job.

He's shown the willingness to change when things aren't going well.

He's also not waited til we were out of the hunt either. By 1st going to Smith early and the Spread a little later, he gave us a fighting chance.

But he does need an assistant. Someone that knows Offense and can put it in Defense speak for him.

And please oh please spare me the mantra about if he can't do it all...

NOBODY does it all. Well not if they are successful in any case. Not Bill Walsh not Seifert not Mooch not anyone ever affiliated with the 9ers. It's NEVER going to happen. You're better off wishing on Rainbows and Kittens than wishing on a complete task master as a HC. It's never gonna happen.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by CSRKing21:
Keep Singletary and Raye they have showed they are willing to change their ways to fit the teams talent....by the way I just signed up here I use to be on the 49ers.com MB but recently got suspended.

Well it was nice knowing you.

~Ceadder
  • CSRKing21
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by CSRKing21:
Keep Singletary and Raye they have showed they are willing to change their ways to fit the teams talent....by the way I just signed up here I use to be on the 49ers.com MB but recently got suspended.

Well it was nice knowing you.

~Ceadder

well its more like I got banned
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
The team is fine. RELAX! Jesus Christ! Shanahan??? Are you kidding me?


No, the team is NOT fine. This team continues to find ways to LOSE and it all starts with the coaching staff.

This team is better than it has been in years and THAT is also a credit to the coaching staff. Give them ALL TIME to gel. God, what is it with NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW? So many people have lost touch with reality.
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

+1