There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary is going to burn out

• dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He is so up and down and you can see how loses effect him so much. It's kind of refreshing to see a coach who cares that much and is not affraid to show it but I don't Singletary is going to able to handle another 6-10, 7-9 season and hey may be fired if he has a season like that next year but I just see burn out in his future.

I will say I do think Singletary is a good head coach who will get better and I still think next year looks very bright for us esspecially with 2 1st rd picks and now that finally have a good NFL starting quarterback in Alex Smith.

we gave Mike Nolan like 3.5 seasons. theres no way we fire Sing this early. hes clearly made this team better. i dont know how blind some of you are, but this team is WAAAAY better than last years team, or 07's. were just banged up, and still need another year or so to gain experience and discipline.

we'd probably have a couple more wins in our last 6 games if Staley had been out there the whole time.

look at all the weapons we have now. 4 weeks into 07, our offense looked like a mess. the line fully healthy was young and awful, our WR corps was like Ashley Lelie and Darrell Jackson, VD looked like a bust, Alex Smith had a severe injury, we had Trent Dilfer at QB, just an absolute mess. Gore was the bright spot, and he had a down year.

now we have Alex Smith back under center, looking like hes well on his way to being the number 1 pick we drafted, Gore is still Gore, Morgan and Crabtree make up a very promising young WR duo, Vernon Davis is the best TE in the NFL and its not really even close, the line when healthy can actually block a little bit, we even had a backup TE whos a playmaker.

as soon as we beef up the secondary and get the existing young guys some more experience (Goldson, Brown, Smith, etc), the rest of the D will become more successful. Brooks is coming on as a pass rusher. etc.

give it 2 more seasons. if by the end of the 2011-2012 season we arent looking like a serious playoff contender, then we can fire him.
we always just need one more season wtf there is no excuses for losing its a simple as that ur team doesnt win you fail as a coach and a player. Im sorry to be so negative but ive been hearing this since 2002 well if we do this or if we do that we will be a playoff team. NO MORE!!!!!! just go out and win the f*cking game stop finding ways to lose. Sing always says we got to finish the game but we never seem to do it anyways and that in big part lies on the coaching staff.

[ Edited by dald1 on Dec 6, 2009 at 23:41:03 ]
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
He is so up and down and you can see how loses effect him so much. It's kind of refreshing to see a coach who cares that much and is not affraid to show it but I don't Singletary is going to able to handle another 6-10, 7-9 season and hey may be fired if he has a season like that next year but I just see burn out in his future.

I will say I do think Singletary is a good head coach who will get better and I still think next year looks very bright for us esspecially with 2 1st rd picks and now that finally have a good NFL starting quarterback in Alex Smith.

we gave Mike Nolan like 3.5 seasons. theres no way we fire Sing this early. hes clearly made this team better. i dont know how blind some of you are, but this team is WAAAAY better than last years team, or 07's. were just banged up, and still need another year or so to gain experience and discipline.

we'd probably have a couple more wins in our last 6 games if Staley had been out there the whole time.

look at all the weapons we have now. 4 weeks into 07, our offense looked like a mess. the line fully healthy was young and awful, our WR corps was like Ashley Lelie and Darrell Jackson, VD looked like a bust, Alex Smith had a severe injury, we had Trent Dilfer at QB, just an absolute mess. Gore was the bright spot, and he had a down year.

now we have Alex Smith back under center, looking like hes well on his way to being the number 1 pick we drafted, Gore is still Gore, Morgan and Crabtree make up a very promising young WR duo, Vernon Davis is the best TE in the NFL and its not really even close, the line when healthy can actually block a little bit, we even had a backup TE whos a playmaker.

as soon as we beef up the secondary and get the existing young guys some more experience (Goldson, Brown, Smith, etc), the rest of the D will become more successful. Brooks is coming on as a pass rusher. etc.

give it 2 more seasons. if by the end of the 2011-2012 season we arent looking like a serious playoff contender, then we can fire him.
we always just need one more season wtf there is no excuses for losing its a simple as that ur team doesnt win you fail as a coach and a player. Im sorry to be so negative but ive been hearing this since 2002 well if we do this or if we do that we will be a playoff team. NO MORE!!!!!! just go out and win the f*cking game stop finding ways to lose. Sing always says we got to finish the game but we never seem to do it anyways and that in big part lies on the coaching staff.

its always been "Next year! next year!" because we hired Dennis Erickson and Mike Nolan after Mariucci. both were horrible, awful coaches who didnt give a crap. the is sings rookie season as HC. "next year" is still a legit anticipation, because weve seen actual improvment since he took over.

come on. Vernon Davis is the BEST TE IN FOOTBALL right now. he was labeled an immature bust before this season. fan expectations had dropped off big time. he was just a blocking TE with a phony superhero exterior.

Sing literally whipped him into being what he is. he even said without Sing, hed be the same guy. hes now a team captain, and the best player in football at his position, seemingly overnight. actually, ever since sing took over as coach.

if Sing can do this to VD, give the man a freaking chance to change the whole team. you can already see the changes happening. Rome wasnt built in a day. we havent had a chance to hit a rut yet and move backwards like when Nolan was here.