LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Singletary is going to burn out

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He is so up and down and you can see how loses effect him so much. It's kind of refreshing to see a coach who cares that much and is not affraid to show it but I don't Singletary is going to able to handle another 6-10, 7-9 season and hey may be fired if he has a season like that next year but I just see burn out in his future.

I will say I do think Singletary is a good head coach who will get better and I still think next year looks very bright for us esspecially with 2 1st rd picks and now that finally have a good NFL starting quarterback in Alex Smith.
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Singletarys-Post-Seattle-Presser-/7f68098f-1fb8-43e0-a62b-84dbf80a5360
Heres to a strong offseason and major improvement by Sing and his staff.
Originally posted by kstolai:

• ZRF80
He should be mad at himself. Ive never seen a coach call TO on the first play of the game.

I think Singletary will get better with another off-season under his belt and going into next season having a full year being a head coach under his belt. This team does need to figure out what kind of team they want to be. They aren't going to be a power running team but they do have to create a balance at same time keeping a lot of the shotgun spread in the offense as Alex Smith clearly thrives in it so do our receivers but we need to find a RB who can run out of it.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
He should be mad at himself. Ive never seen a coach call TO on the first play of the game.

Is that Singletary's fault or the D coordinator's? I would think the personnel that goes on the field would be the responsibilities of the coordinators since they call the plays. Especially with a head coach like Singletary who for the most part leaves the Xs and Os to his coordinators.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

Is that Singletary's fault or the D coordinator's? I would think the personnel that goes on the field would be the responsibilities of the coordinators since they call the plays. Especially with a head coach like Singletary who for the most part leaves the Xs and Os to his coordinators.

Im thinking more the posistion coach. I remember last year when Manny Lawson was Mic'd up he had a similar problem and almost got into the game late and Tomsula let him have it.

The team needed motivation at that point. It was coach Singletary's unique way to communicate with the team.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

I think Singletary will get better with another off-season under his belt and going into next season having a full year being a head coach under his belt. This team does need to figure out what kind of team they want to be. They aren't going to be a power running team but they do have to create a balance at same time keeping a lot of the shotgun spread in the offense as Alex Smith clearly thrives in it so do our receivers but we need to find a RB who can run out of it.

We need a line that can run block, or better yet an OL coach that can actually coach run blocking, and some creativity when calling running plays. It's like Raye's never heard of a sweep or a pitch. Draw, dive, draw, dive up the gut is not going to get it done, although I like his use of the end around.

He needs to fire his nephew and workout buddy and hire a solid assistant head coach, kind of a right hand man.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

We need a line that can run block, or better yet an OL coach that can actually coach run blocking, and some creativity when calling running plays. It's like Raye's never heard of a sweep or a pitch. Draw, dive, draw, dive up the gut is not going to get it done, although I like his use of the end around.

We did run a pitch and we don't have the O-Line or O-Line coach to run sweeps. Yes we need a better O-Line coach, im okay with Raye staying for another year. He has proven he can be creative and call some good plays and for Alex Smith's sake it's a no brainer keeping him for next year as our OC.
While it's refreshing to have a coach that really cares about winning.

His game management skills are highly flawed and players don't seem to be responding to his motivational "Rah Rah Rah" coaching style anymore, his 1-5 road record speaks volume for his ablity to have his team prepared to play in those pivital games.

This team lacks identity. Power running team first 6 weeks, then spread formation with 40+ passes a game the next 6. This team needs balance and players need to be accountable for the continueous mental errors week after week.

"Don't tell me show me" is as big a fail as "we are not a charity"

Another heartbreaking season that ends without a playoff chance before the season is even over

Niner fans deserve better
I seriously think we dont ever get calls because Singletary is in the Refs grills the entire game, and they just get sick of him.
He is so up and down and you can see how loses effect him so much. It's kind of refreshing to see a coach who cares that much and is not affraid to show it but I don't Singletary is going to able to handle another 6-10, 7-9 season and hey may be fired if he has a season like that next year but I just see burn out in his future.

I will say I do think Singletary is a good head coach who will get better and I still think next year looks very bright for us esspecially with 2 1st rd picks and now that finally have a good NFL starting quarterback in Alex Smith.

we gave Mike Nolan like 3.5 seasons. theres no way we fire Sing this early. hes clearly made this team better. i dont know how blind some of you are, but this team is WAAAAY better than last years team, or 07's. were just banged up, and still need another year or so to gain experience and discipline.

we'd probably have a couple more wins in our last 6 games if Staley had been out there the whole time.

look at all the weapons we have now. 4 weeks into 07, our offense looked like a mess. the line fully healthy was young and awful, our WR corps was like Ashley Lelie and Darrell Jackson, VD looked like a bust, Alex Smith had a severe injury, we had Trent Dilfer at QB, just an absolute mess. Gore was the bright spot, and he had a down year.

now we have Alex Smith back under center, looking like hes well on his way to being the number 1 pick we drafted, Gore is still Gore, Morgan and Crabtree make up a very promising young WR duo, Vernon Davis is the best TE in the NFL and its not really even close, the line when healthy can actually block a little bit, we even had a backup TE whos a playmaker.

as soon as we beef up the secondary and get the existing young guys some more experience (Goldson, Brown, Smith, etc), the rest of the D will become more successful. Brooks is coming on as a pass rusher. etc.

give it 2 more seasons. if by the end of the 2011-2012 season we arent looking like a serious playoff contender, then we can fire him.
Share 49ersWebzone