LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Jimmy Rays Future

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Jimmy Rays Future

I honestly dont think Jimmy either knows or remembers how to close out games.He's got no balls and relys on the defense too much and has been mediocre his whole career i know we dropped some passes today but some of his calls these past few games are ridiculous he is holding us back.He doesnt go for the kill and I think he will be fired at the end of the year.I just dont know who will replace him.Your thoughts pls.
  • ZRF80
We have no choice. Since it takes Alex a very long time to learn a new offense, we are stuck with Raye.
Only reaon i would retain him is because having another OC would hurt our chances at continuity. Besides he ain't going anywhere.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If Singletary stays, then Raye stays.

Raye has finally utilized Vernon Davis correctly and has brought Crabtree nicely along. He's also saved Alex Smith's career.

If we can make excuses about the O-line for Turner and Martz, why can't it be the same for Raye? Once we get interior linemen that can run block, we'll have a more balanced attack.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Raye has finally utilized Vernon Davis correctly and has brought Crabtree nicely along. He's also saved Alex Smith's career.

If we can make excuses about the O-line for Turner and Martz, why can't it be the same for Raye? Once we get interior linemen that can run block, we'll have a more balanced attack.

This is an excellent post - consistency will go a long way for this team and it is nice to see players being utilized. If the offense continues to play the way it has the last few weeks it will be interesting to see what an off-season practicing this type of offense produces in '09.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

I agree with u on everything except that Mummy Raye saved Alex's career, Alex saved his own position.
FIRE MUMMY RAYE
Originally posted by ZRF80:
We have no choice. Since it takes Alex a very long time to learn a new offense, we are stuck with Raye.

wow, can you say anything nice about Alex.

Seriosuly, anyone will have a hard time learning a new offense, no one catches on right away.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
i've liked his play calling the last few weeks
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Seriosuly, anyone will have a hard time learning a new offense, no one catches on right away.

Alex Smith is a very handsome young man. Happy ?
Came up with some nice formations and some nice calls but the calls late when we had the ball and gave it up to Seattle, that was poor playcalling. We went from being to conservative to aggressive. Raye and this team need to find some kind of balance. But yes, it's a no brainer we retain Raye.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Alex Smith is a very handsome young man. Happy ?

It's all coming together now...
Jimmy is doing heck of a job, his record prior to joining this franchise was so-so, but Singletary spent time motivating him and the result shows.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Came up with some nice formations and some nice calls but the calls late when we had the ball and gave it up to Seattle, that was poor playcalling. We went from being to conservative to aggressive. Raye and this team need to find some kind of balance. But yes, it's a no brainer we retain Raye.

"dont tell me, Show me" Mummy Raye is not showing, well FIRE him.

its all kool dude, but this loss is credited to playcalling....
I'm willing to give him another year just because Im sick of getting a new OC every year.
Jimmy Raye's offense is starting to look like Mike Martz's offense good and bad
Share 49ersWebzone