There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Slow getting out of huddles?

Why is this. It is not only on the offensive side either. We seem to break the huddle very late on D too. We tend to break the offensive huddle with about 10 seconds on a regular basis then barley have time for our motions not to mention no time to audible. It seem we hiked the ball between 3 and 1 second all day. Many many time we break our defensive huddle way after the opposing offense has and look somewhat lost. This problem is a weekly thing.
Most teams get to the line with about 10 seconds left.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Watch seahacks today they were breaking the huddle and getting the snap off much quicker. It looks like Smith is reading a bedtime story during every huddle there is no sense of urgency or even pushing the tempo to throw the D off when you are snapping with one second left it is really easy to guess the snap count.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Watch seahacks today they were breaking the huddle and getting the snap off much quicker. It looks like Smith is reading a bedtime story during every huddle there is no sense of urgency or even pushing the tempo to throw the D off when you are snapping with one second left it is really easy to guess the snap count.

We do seem a bit slow, or lse we wouldn't be having so many delay of game penalties.
We had no delay of game penalties. Period.

I think we're slow to get out of the huddle so the defense doesn't know what formation we're going to come out in. It's strategy.

Dude, he was getting delay of game penalty not too long ago like 4 games ago. Just be glad he and the offense is improving
Originally posted by kstolai:

We do seem a bit slow, or lse we wouldn't be having so many delay of game penalties.

yea or calling timeouts so often. We look slow getting plays called on D also.
Raye isnt quick with getting the play called is all I can come up with.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
We had no delay of game penalties. Period.

I think we're slow to get out of the huddle so the defense doesn't know what formation we're going to come out in. It's strategy.

It still leaves you little room for error.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Raye isnt quick with getting the play called is all I can come up with.

Well they have to wake him up from all of his little naps first.
Who Cares If Were Slow Getting Out Of The Huddle????????
Originally posted by momoney925:

That what other D's say too that way they get a better sense of our snap count, you know 1 go.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by momoney925:

I know your point but as a point of reference, Bill Walsh practiced getting in/out of the huddle quickly to help set the tempo for the offense. Steve Young has spoke on it many times.