LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

0 INT

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For two straight games 0 INTs for A. Smith. He must be seeing those defenses, and knowing where his WR guys will be. Taking care of the ball late in the game. Not like the late INTs in the Tennessee game not so long ago

I was pleasantly surprised about this.

When Alex Smith tore it up against Houston and did okay against the Colts, people demanded that Alex be allowed to air it out against the Titans. He proceeded to throw a bunch of picks.

I worried that after the Packers game, Alex would do the same thing against the Jaguars, but he rewarded us with a great game, and the same thing against the Seahawks.

Let's see how he does the remainder of the season though.
yeah, Alex Smith is great play football games and awesome games! I would love to watch him more and more!! Alex is succesful and improved so fast with the process a time.. Whoooo!!! Let's go Alex mofo!
He is definately looking like a new and improved QB, will only get better as the season progresses.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I was pleasantly surprised about this.

When Alex Smith tore it up against Houston and did okay against the Colts, people demanded that Alex be allowed to air it out against the Titans. He proceeded to throw a bunch of picks.

I worried that after the Packers game, Alex would do the same thing against the Jaguars, but he rewarded us with a great game, and the same thing against the Seahawks.

Let's see how he does the remainder of the season though.

i think he'll do well. He got over the 300 yard "barrier" and has shown what many hoped he would show in 07. I wonder how much sooner he could have been like this had he not had to sit out because of injuries.

In any regard, the team as a whole needs to tear it up the last two weeks and show well in the next two.
  • ZRF80
Not that it matters, but he couldve easily thrown 4 INTs (2 that were easy drops - 1 today and 1 last week) in that same span.

As I said, it doesnt matter...............but since everyone likes to point out what couldve been if his receivers had caught the ball, I thought Id just throw it out there....
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Not that it matters, but he couldve easily thrown 4 INTs (2 that were easy drops - 1 today and 1 last week) in that same span.

As I said, it doesnt matter...............but since everyone likes to point out what couldve been if his receivers had caught the ball, I thought Id just throw it out there....

yea, our D should also have about 8 more INTs this season too. Happens everywhere.
I'm not really a stats guy. I can care less about Smith's 0 INTs, I wanted a WIN today
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
yeah, Alex Smith is great play football games and awesome games! I would love to watch him more and more!! Alex is succesful and improved so fast with the process a time.. Whoooo!!! Let's go Alex mofo!

at first i thought this was someone trying to be sarcastic, and then i saw the username
Originally posted by ZRF80:

It was only a matter of time before someone started counting Smith's NEAR INTs

With 40 plus attempts per game for the last two games , I have to add. That's pretty good. Now if his WR can catch a little better he would have had more TDs

See I can play that game too

wut
We lost
We haven't gotten any picks the last 2 weeks either. So we haven't been taking advantage of that.
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:

wut

huh? you didn't watch it?
Alex Smith is going to be a good player... he seems like he is improved and hopefully next year with a training camp we could learn to play outta the shotgun and mix in the run as well.
Share 49ersWebzone