LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

After todays game (12/6/09) A Smith approval rating

Shop Find 49ers gear online

After todays game (12/6/09) A Smith approval rating

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Lol how could you not be satisfield with Smiths play today. He and Patrick Willis were the best players on the field today. Hands down. This is retarded.

This seems to be a recurring theme here in NT.
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Originally posted by rtj03:
I still vote to look for someone else. He looks better BUT in the end when GREAT qb's rise to the top - he is still to unconfident and plays his worse. He does not have the "it" factor.

That is why your not a GM and have a normal job.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Alex looked good under center today too. Keep Smith and give him the job for next season, we need oline/db's next season for sure. I dont see how you dont use the first 3 rounds too solidify those positions. Alex is playing very well, and could be better have his guys not drop 5-10 balls a game

I agree with everything you said.

If we don't draft at least 3 O-line, 2 DBs and a returner in the draft, I'll be disappointed.
Wait till next year when Crabs is ready to break out. We are going to be crazy good if we can bring in some Lineman via FA and the draft. RT and LG especially.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Alex looked good under center today too. Keep Smith and give him the job for next season, we need oline/db's next season for sure. I dont see how you dont use the first 3 rounds too solidify those positions. Alex is playing very well, and could be better have his guys not drop 5-10 balls a game

If we don't draft at least 3 O-line, 2 DBs and a returner in the draft, I'll be disappointed.

It seems like they drop 5 - 10 every game too. This is pro football. It's time for our guys to catch the ball. Other teams help their QB.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Wait till next year when Crabs is ready to break out. We are going to be crazy good if we can bring in some Lineman via FA and the draft. RT and LG especially.

right now we're as good as the Cards were two years ago........
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

It seems like they drop 5 - 10 every game too. This is pro football. It's time for our guys to catch the ball. Other teams help their QB.

Davis and Morgan are the biggest culprits.
Originally posted by kstolai:
He is definately showing us why we should continue with him.
  • ZRF80
Still undecided.

I already fell for this trap with Hill and Smith (07,08, and now 09) before. Im not buying until I see what happens for the rest of the season and the beginning of next season. I can say that the past 2 weeks have probably bought Alex an automatic starter spot for 2010. Now the question is whether or not he can build on his play from this year. As good as he has been, he still shows weaknesses. Still having trouble playing from under center.......still not closing out games, and still staring down receivers at times.

I hope he can improve and learn to improvise. It'll solve our problem for finding a longterm solution at QB.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Still undecided.

I already fell for this trap with Hill and Smith (07,08, and now 09) before. Im not buying until I see what happens for the rest of the season and the beginning of next season. I can say that the past 2 weeks have probably bought Alex an automatic starter spot for 2010. Now the question is whether or not he can build on his play from this year. As good as he has been, he still shows weaknesses. Still having trouble playing from under center.......still not closing out games, and still staring down receivers at times.

I hope he can improve and learn to improvise. It'll solve our problem for finding a longterm solution at QB.

He has shown a lot of improvements though. Accuracy and mechanics, kudos to QB Coach Mike Johnson for that. And Alex has shown good awareness of where the blitz is coming from. Multiple times today, there were defenders coming free but he got rid of the ball before he was hit.

One criticism I have though he is has a tendency to roll out to the right when there is pass rush or when he thinks there is pass rush. Smith needs to learn to step up because when you roll out, you cut half the field off. And when you step up, you have a better chance of tucking it in and running with it.

These last few weeks show (to me) that the QB is not the problem. We have other weaknesses to fill. We need to rebuld the offensive line, draft a few defensive backs, maybe a pass rusher, and we NEED to find a dependable return man! Continuity on offense is the more important thing to our success. We have our QB. PLEASE... NO MORE QB COMPETITIONS!!!

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 6, 2009 at 21:10:16 ]
Share 49ersWebzone