LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

same problems

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i've been a niners fan since about 1990 and i been seeing the same problem areas since..... O-line and secondary especially corners... our last good corners were deion sanders and eric davis..o-line, its also been a while.. come draft day i say screw drafting a qb and get two O-line man . keeping running the spread and alex smith will be fine. now all we need is a dominant o-line and that will get the running game going.
We need o pick up a good safety and CB.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by kstolai:

CB not so much. If we stick with Clements, resign Bly, and come back with Brown, Spencer, and Walt Harris.......I think we have a deep CB corp.

As for safety, we definitely need someone to replace Roman.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by kstolai:

CB not so much. If we stick with Clements, resign Bly, and come back with Brown, Spencer, and Walt Harris.......I think we have a deep CB corp.

As for safety, we definitely need someone to replace Roman.

We do need a CB and I'm hoping we go for one in the second round and hold off on a pass rusher until the 3rd.

3 pieces away from total domination.
O LINE is our biggest one
i forgot all about walt harris
New owner with the ability to pick up high value FAs...
Biggest needs!!!...

1. OLINE- nuff said
2. FS/SS- Goldson aint making plays, hes backup material. Roman needs out!!
3. Pass rush- Lawson is improving, Haralson and Brooks are solid backups!
  • StoneMtnNiner
  • Info N/A
I think we need to give Singletary some more time. Granted he made some coaching mistakes today, but the Niners still could have won the game. Gore's fumble, Vernon Davis' dropped TD pass among other things did not help the issue. Lets see how the team finishes the season and then make a determination on what is needed. One thing for sure, Alex Smith is a totally different QB when he is healthy and operating in the spread. This team has some good pieces, they just need some more. I'm as frustrated as anybody regarding the seven year absence from the playoffs, but I do think this team is closer to contention than in previous years....
our offense looks more potent than it has in a LONG time. All they need to do is learn how to be consistent and make plays when they count. I like where this team is headed. If we'd of made the playoffs, we would of just gotten our asses handed to us anyway. Let some real contenders in who can actually do something with the opportunity.
Share 49ersWebzone