There are 161 users in the forums

Alex Smith 300 YDS Passing = Loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Smith recorded the best game of his career today, yet we still come out with a loss.
The last posession was awful, after performing well the whole game, Smith proves he still cannot deliver a finishing blow. The scant use of Gore was questionable, Crabtree better go back to B-ball if he is AFRAID to get hit, this is not a playoff team, the REFS did a Number on us, our receivers can't CATCH and our coaches cannot manage the clock. The way this game was officiated was disgusting, I was apalled when no one seemed to notice Delanie Walker being tackled in the END ZONE(ball in air). Mike Pereira better issue an apology personally, not only to the NINER Faithful, but to the NFL for possibly interfering with the playoff picture.

Smith had 2 receivers drop the go ahead touchdowns, not his fault at all.

So does that mean that he can throw our last posession away? Those throws came on our second to last posession, we had another "chance" with two timeouts 1:30 or so left in the game, this is the moment of the game that matters the most, and to me Smith choked. All we needed was 3yds for a 1st down, but he nearly throws an INT 20-30 yds downfield! not to mention his other trash throws in the same drive. The final 2 minutes of the game are the most critical, these are the times that your QB needs to show what he is made of, and he has failed in these situations all season.

We should have ran the ball on 3rd down. Iw would have forced them to burn a time out, or we would have got the first because they were not expecting it.

Bad play call in my opinion.
Originally posted by BayBombers:
right, this loss is on alex smith. we should probably blame him for the reason why this economy sucks too.

geez, give credit when credit is due. alex had a pretty stellar game. 9 dropped passes and 4 dropped in the redzone.

nO ONE BLAMES THIS LOSS SOLELY ON SMITH, I AM JUST NOTING THAT HE HAD A CHANCE TO SHOWCASE HIS TALENT BUT FAILED ON THE FINAL DRIVE.

There's very few qb in history that can make a comeback last second drive at will. And even those QBs can't do it often enough. Montana, Elways, Marino or Farve must sometimes take what defense give them, depend on his supporting casts, and take a loss.

Totally unreasonable expectation from a young comeback QB that played 6 games this season with a relatively new cast on offense. And being new to this Raye offense himself.
right, this loss is on alex smith. we should probably blame him for the reason why this economy sucks too.

geez, give credit when credit is due. alex had a pretty stellar game. 9 dropped passes and 4 dropped in the redzone.

nO ONE BLAMES THIS LOSS SOLELY ON SMITH, I AM JUST NOTING THAT HE HAD A CHANCE TO SHOWCASE HIS TALENT BUT FAILED ON THE FINAL DRIVE.

Omg the final drive is when the 49ers should have just ran the clock out and went into OT . Primetime21 you must be very young or just don't know your football to well yet ,I'm going to put my $$ on you just don't know your football .....Good day

[ Edited by xx49erfanxx on Dec 6, 2009 at 19:57:47 ]
It's not why we lost. Come on man. When guys have touchdowns right in their hands their job is to catch them.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

Yes, but he had another chance on our final drive, and he looked like a totally different player. The difference was PRESSURE, and Smith was crushed by it. - quote

New to posting here but I have read these boards for about a year now. Look I think that the extremes on both sides of this issue are being ridiculous. I am a big Smith supporter but that last drive wasn't is best moment. However, I think it is intellectually dishonest to say that there also wasn't a ton of pressure on the two earlier 4th quarter drives in which Alex performed very well (as had been stated already the drops, and fumble killed those drives)

so your post is intellectually dishonest, just as those people who say Smith has NO blame are being intellectually dishonest. It is understandable on both sides with the emotion of the game, but just step back and think logically for awhile. Alot of people seem to hate Zf-whatever his name is, but he sounds like the most rational person on here today! Don't let me down now by saying something crazy please...

No rational thinking is allowed in niner talk. Knock it off. Your being crazy.

That is all...your free to move about the country now.

[ Edited by Blitz on Dec 6, 2009 at 20:01:41 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's not why we lost. Come on man. When guys have touchdowns right in their hands their job is to catch them.

I agree with you on that 100% , playoff teams don't drop TD or 9 passes in a game ...
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:

I agree with you on that 100% , playoff teams don't drop TD or 9 passes in a game ...
Alex Smith chalked it up 45 times...but Gore only had 9 rushing attempts?!....9!

if Gore only gets 9 rushing attempts....and he's our best weapon next to VD and Crabby....our chances of winning does not look good!
Originally posted by quatic:
Alex Smith chalked it up 45 times...but Gore only had 9 rushing attempts?!....9!

if Gore only gets 9 rushing attempts....and he's our best weapon next to VD and Crabby....our chances of winning does not look good!

gore didn't do s**t on those 9 attempts
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by quatic:

gore didn't do s**t on those 9 attempts

Gore hurt us more than he did good.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

There's very few qb in history that can make a comeback last second drive at will. And even those QBs can't do it often enough. Montana, Elways, Marino or Farve must sometimes take what defense give them, depend on his supporting casts, and take a loss.

Totally unreasonable expectation from a young comeback QB that played 6 games this season with a relatively new cast on offense. And being new to this Raye offense himself.

It wouldnt have been a comeback since the game was tied at that point.
Smith recorded the best game of his career today, yet we still come out with a loss.
The last posession was awful, after performing well the whole game, Smith proves he still cannot deliver a finishing blow. The scant use of Gore was questionable, Crabtree better go back to B-ball if he is AFRAID to get hit, this is not a playoff team, the REFS did a Number on us, our receivers can't CATCH and our coaches cannot manage the clock. The way this game was officiated was disgusting, I was apalled when no one seemed to notice Delanie Walker being tackled in the END ZONE(ball in air). Mike Pereira better issue an apology personally, not only to the NINER Faithful, but to the NFL for possibly interfering with the playoff picture.

your an idiot... smith is the future..

Omg the final drive is when the 49ers should have just ran the clock out and went into OT . Primetime21 you must be very young or just don't know your football to well yet ,I'm going to put my $$ on you just don't know your football .....Good day

So Smith must not Know his Football either considering he was on the field when these plays were called. Im sure the deep throw to Morgan wasnt his only option, a checkdown to Gore, a Qb run or even a sack would have had better results.
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:

your an idiot... smith is the future..

Smith may be the future, and I might even be an idiot but in the words of myself-"Alex Smith 300yds passing=Loss"

VD tied for 8th in drops in NFC and Crabs tied for 11th. And todays drops are not included yet so both might move up the list. Vd is 16 in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone