LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

Alex Smith 300 YDS Passing = Loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Primetime21 , how could u even come close to saying anything bad about Alex in this game wow . I guess he needs to throw the ball and run and catch it also ......Man mods really need to give IQ test before you can post on this board , and friend you just took yours and failed.

LAST DRIVE.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Smith recorded the best game of his career today, yet we still come out with a loss.
The last posession was awful, after performing well the whole game, Smith proves he still cannot deliver a finishing blow. The scant use of Gore was questionable, Crabtree better go back to B-ball if he is AFRAID to get hit, this is not a playoff team, the REFS did a Number on us, our receivers can't CATCH and our coaches cannot manage the clock. The way this game was officiated was disgusting, I was apalled when no one seemed to notice Delanie Walker being tackled in the END ZONE(ball in air). Mike Pereira better issue an apology personally, not only to the NINER Faithful, but to the NFL for possibly interfering with the playoff picture.

Smith had 2 receivers drop the go ahead touchdowns, not his fault at all.

So does that mean that he can throw our last posession away? Those throws came on our second to last posession, we had another "chance" with two timeouts 1:30 or so left in the game, this is the moment of the game that matters the most, and to me Smith choked. All we needed was 3yds for a 1st down, but he nearly throws an INT 20-30 yds downfield! not to mention his other trash throws in the same drive. The final 2 minutes of the game are the most critical, these are the times that your QB needs to show what he is made of.

BS man. A QB only gets so many chances, any of those chances are all critical, all game long, n ot just the final two minutes. Alex had his chances and he took his shots, twice having his receiver's do their job. The other shots he took.... his receiver's f**ked it up. He doesn't get those chances all day long and certainly the last two minutes are no more important than any other time he gets his chances. You don't get chances all day long, you gotta take what the f**k you can get when you have them. Alex did that....and his receiver's f**ked it up not once, but twice.

The final 2minutes are the most important when the game is tied and you have the oppurtunity to SCORE!
Originally posted by niners94:
Smith recorded the best game of his career today, yet we still come out with a loss.
The last posession was awful, after performing well the whole game, Smith proves he still cannot deliver a finishing blow. The scant use of Gore was questionable, Crabtree better go back to B-ball if he is AFRAID to get hit, this is not a playoff team, the REFS did a Number on us, our receivers can't CATCH and our coaches cannot manage the clock. The way this game was officiated was disgusting, I was apalled when no one seemed to notice Delanie Walker being tackled in the END ZONE(ball in air). Mike Pereira better issue an apology personally, not only to the NINER Faithful, but to the NFL for possibly interfering with the playoff picture.

So does that mean that he can throw our last posession away? Those throws came on our second to last posession, we had another "chance" with two timeouts 1:30 or so left in the game, this is the moment of the game that matters the most, and to me Smith choked. All we needed was 3yds for a 1st down, but he nearly throws an INT 20-30 yds downfield! not to mention his other trash throws in the same drive. The final 2 minutes of the game are the most critical, these are the times that your QB needs to show what he is made of, and he has failed in these situations all season.

50 seconds. That long pass to Morgan was also on Morgan, he didn't even finish his route.

I wouldve preffered a sack then that throw, at least we couldve killed the clock and not get hit in the mouth by that pass from Hasselbeck!
The way I looked at it, Smith and V. Davis made plays for most of the game. How about someone else step up and make a few at the end of the game. I don't know Morgan, Hill, Crabtree, or the whole freakin defense maybe.

It was a team loss

Not to mention the totally awful special team

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 6, 2009 at 19:18:43 ]
Primetime21 , how could u even come close to saying anything bad about Alex in this game wow . I guess he needs to throw the ball and run and catch it also ......Man mods really need to give IQ test before you can post on this board , and friend you just took yours and failed.

LAST DRIVE.

Please stop with your post trust me , your not helping yourself at all ......

LAST DRIVE.

Why dont you create an "Alex Smith is our savior post" and keep lying to yourself?

LAST DRIVE.

Why dont you create an "Alex Smith is our savior post" and keep lying to yourself?

Just stop friend your shameful to the 49er fans here
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by niners94:

So does that mean that he can throw our last posession away? Those throws came on our second to last posession, we had another "chance" with two timeouts 1:30 or so left in the game, this is the moment of the game that matters the most, and to me Smith choked. All we needed was 3yds for a 1st down, but he nearly throws an INT 20-30 yds downfield! not to mention his other trash throws in the same drive. The final 2 minutes of the game are the most critical, these are the times that your QB needs to show what he is made of, and he has failed in these situations all season.

50 seconds. That long pass to Morgan was also on Morgan, he didn't even finish his route.

OK, stop this please. I (huge anti-Smith) also agree that the loss wasnt Smith's fault, but can we please refrain from the unreal ? It was a poor throw into triple coverage. If anything, Alex realized that he was about to make a huge mistake and pulled back just a bit to get the ball into empty space instead of between three defenders. It was almost picked.

The best thing for him, at that point, would have been to tuck and run.......and considering that all the receivers were running long routes, he would have gained a huge chunk of yardage. But he made a mistake. It's ok to admit it, doesnt mean he cost us the game.

Im provising has been a weakness of his. Hopefully, he can work on it.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Alex Smith twice drove his team down the field only to have it screwed up by other people. Gore fumbled deep in Seattle territory, VD and Crabtree dropped two perfectly thrown touchdown passes.

The last drive was just aweful clock management by the Niner coaching. Pick up the goddamn first downs and make sure if you have to punt to give them very little time to do it. If you don't get into field goal range then there's overtime. Instead Raye decided to channel Mike Martz and go bombs away.

Of all the people you could've blamed this loss on you blame it on the least guilty one of them all.

This^^^ .......Prime21 must be a troll ......Stevie wonder could have seen that the last drive was a f**k up by Sing(Poor Clock Mgt)....we should have played for OT. We wasn't going to move the ball into feild goal range with 50 seconds on the clock.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The way I looked at it, Smith and V. Davis made plays for most of the game. How about someone else step up and make a few at the end of the game. I don't know Morgan, Hill, Crabtree, or the whole freakin defense maybe.

It was a team loss

Not to mention the totally awful special team

After all of those mistakes/non-calls, the game is tied 50 sec left, our rock. None of that other CRAP matters, We still have a shot, throw a couple of garbage balls and Seattle wins. GAME OVER!

LAST DRIVE.

Just stop friend your shameful to the 49er fans here

So Smith made no mistakes on our final possession?

Yes, but he had another chance on our final drive, and he looked like a totally different player. The difference was PRESSURE, and Smith was crushed by it.
right, this loss is on alex smith. we should probably blame him for the reason why this economy sucks too.

geez, give credit when credit is due. alex had a pretty stellar game. 9 dropped passes and 4 dropped in the redzone.
Originally posted by BayBombers:
right, this loss is on alex smith. we should probably blame him for the reason why this economy sucks too.

geez, give credit when credit is due. alex had a pretty stellar game. 9 dropped passes and 4 dropped in the redzone.

nO ONE BLAMES THIS LOSS SOLELY ON SMITH, I AM JUST NOTING THAT HE HAD A CHANCE TO SHOWCASE HIS TALENT BUT FAILED ON THE FINAL DRIVE.

Yes, but he had another chance on our final drive, and he looked like a totally different player. The difference was PRESSURE, and Smith was crushed by it. - quote

New to posting here but I have read these boards for about a year now. Look I think that the extremes on both sides of this issue are being ridiculous. I am a big Smith supporter but that last drive wasn't is best moment. However, I think it is intellectually dishonest to say that there also wasn't a ton of pressure on the two earlier 4th quarter drives in which Alex performed very well (as had been stated already the drops, and fumble killed those drives)

so your post is intellectually dishonest, just as those people who say Smith has NO blame are being intellectually dishonest. It is understandable on both sides with the emotion of the game, but just step back and think logically for awhile. Alot of people seem to hate Zf-whatever his name is, but he sounds like the most rational person on here today! Don't let me down now by saying something crazy please...

[ Edited by dtcomposer on Dec 6, 2009 at 19:47:23 ]
Share 49ersWebzone