There are 590 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I feel okay, dissapointed but okay

We got our quarterback, I can say that for sure now. Alex Smith played a GREAT game. Vernon Davis is not a star player, he is a good player but not a superstar. He let us down when we needed him the most.

Very dissapointing loss, we outplayed the Seahawks but we still don't know how to win close games. I am encouraged about Raye and his playcalling the last two weeks and like I said we got our QB and that is huge.

I also think we should consider trading Gore next year and we need a speed, playmaking back back there and I really hope Singletary does not try to go to a power running game next year. Stick with this offense but obviously add some O-Lineman and a playmaking back.

Also kudos to Ahmad Brooks, he played a very nice game as did Lawson. I can now say the secondary is by far the biggest weakness on the defense and maybe on the team. Safety AND cornerback.
I love it when people start brand new compacted threads with comments that could have been made in other threads.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Show me a good loser, and i will show you a loser!
Originally posted by Chico:
Show me a good loser, and i will show you a loser!

Im used to losing and being dissapointed being a 49er fan
The only thing I can say about this game is that it answered many question...

Do we miss Clements: Yes

Do we miss Rossum: Yes

Can Alex perform in a game that matters: Yes he put us in a position to win

Is Jimmy raye the guy: I think so but I suppose it's still up for debate he actually had some nice plays

---------------------------

crabtree, Morgan and Davis have some things to work on obviously

but when it comes down to it we need wins, we need a safety and some guards. I don't think trading gore is the answer. He had a bad game statistically but it was gore keeping Alex smith upright with his blocking.
im not ok, i cant go through another off season without us making the playoffs
  • mrbadd1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
We got our quarterback, I can say that for sure now. Alex Smith played a GREAT game. Vernon Davis is not a star player, he is a good player but not a superstar. He let us down when we needed him the most.

Very dissapointing loss, we outplayed the Seahawks but we still don't know how to win close games. I am encouraged about Raye and his playcalling the last two weeks and like I said we got our QB and that is huge.

I also think we should consider trading Gore next year and we need a speed, playmaking back back there and I really hope Singletary does not try to go to a power running game next year. Stick with this offense but obviously add some O-Lineman and a playmaking back.

Also kudos to Ahmad Brooks, he played a very nice game as did Lawson. I can now say the secondary is by far the biggest weakness on the defense and maybe on the team. Safety AND cornerback.

You're pleased by Raye's playing calling, seriously? He blew the game at the end by not running the ball on the 3rd and 3. If we run the ball, they don't win the game on a last second FG. Maybe in OT but they don't get a chance to win at the end of regulation.
You should feel like throwing up. Don't feel okay.

Go break some stuff or something.
Why was Keith Smith left one on one on one side of the field? That was a major f up by our coaching staff while the Seahawks/Hasselbeck were smart enough to take advantage of it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
You should feel like throwing up. Don't feel okay.

Go break some stuff or something.

I wanted this game badly and usually after loses I am in a really bad mood for at least a day or two but while this lose burns and hurts and kills our playoff chances, the bottom line is we are not a playoff team and we still have to add some players and the good news is we have our quarterback. If we lost this game and Alex Smith played poorly I would be more concerned and dissapointed.
Originally posted by mrbadd1:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

You're pleased by Raye's playing calling, seriously? He blew the game at the end by not running the ball on the 3rd and 3. If we run the ball, they don't win the game on a last second FG. Maybe in OT but they don't get a chance to win at the end of regulation.

I should of said except for that squence. I also think we could of ran it a bit more but I am encouraged with the designs and creativety by Raye. Dialing up reverses, spreading it around and letting Alex Smith get the ball to our playmakers. Remember, our guys had 9 droppes passes today.
i can't believe that cutting rossum led to our downfall this season. i'm eating too much crow for agreeing with it. we have to draft a special teams ace in the draft for kickoff return duties. i personally would rather have reggie bush
Originally posted by Ang:
I love it when people start brand new compacted threads with comments that could have been made in other threads.

I feel bad for you mods - both after wins and losses.

NT should be on 24 hour lock down following a loss.
The team is fine. It needs continuity. Davis and Crabs drops were a timing issue. More time together in this offense will eliminate that. Both turned to see the pass too late. It looks as if Gore is hit a wall in his career.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by Ang:

I feel bad for you mods - both after wins and losses.

NT should be on 24 hour lock down following a loss.

it's much worse after losses imo