There are 190 users in the forums

Crabtree ducked the game winner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Quote:
On the next play, Smith was forced to throw early to Michael Crabtree on a post pattern. The play was designed for the back of the end zone. When Crabtree turned at the front of the end zone, the ball was already on him.

"He didn't have time to throw the route I was running," Crabtree said.

Link

lol is he blaming Smith? God damn dude didn't make a play all day and when he had a chance to he pussed out and instead of admitting it, blaming other players. Maybe we should have let him got to the jets.

It sounds more like he's calling out the o-line to me.

he isnt calling anyone out. hes stating the facts.

the route was for him to get to the back of the endzone. smith had to throw before he got there because the pocket collapsed. he wasnt ready for the ball. all facts.

if its the lines fault, its the lines fault. explaining the facts isnt calling people out.

you guys are hilarious with your temper tantrums after losses. "f crabgreed! we shoulda let him go to the jets! what a p*ssy!" you were jerking him off yesterday, and youll be doing it again next week when he catches a TD. give me a freakin break.

it seems to be too much to ask for everyone just to say "well crap, the team didnt get it done today. all of them. this sucks. at least our future is looking up long term"
Originally posted by Niners99:
Quote:
On the next play, Smith was forced to throw early to Michael Crabtree on a post pattern. The play was designed for the back of the end zone. When Crabtree turned at the front of the end zone, the ball was already on him.

Link

lol is he blaming Smith? God damn dude didn't make a play all day and when he had a chance to he pussed out and instead of admitting it, blaming other players. Maybe we should have let him got to the jets.

the route was for him to get to the back of the endzone. smith had to throw before he got there because the pocket collapsed. he wasnt ready for the ball. all facts.

if its the lines fault, its the lines fault. explaining the facts isnt calling people out.

you guys are hilarious with your temper tantrums after losses. "f crabgreed! we shoulda let him go to the jets! what a p*ssy!" you were jerking him off yesterday, and youll be doing it again next week when he catches a TD. give me a freakin break.

it seems to be too much to ask for everyone just to say "well crap, the team didnt get it done today. all of them. this sucks. at least our future is looking up long term"

Lol the ball got to him when he was open, he should have caught the pass. I wasn't really being serious saying F him and we and let him go to the jets or whatever, but the bottom line is stuff isn't going to be perfect on every play and when the ball comes your way you got to catch it.
Quote:

Link

Lol the ball got to him when he was open, he should have caught the pass. I wasn't really being serious saying F him and we and let him go to the jets or whatever, but the bottom line is stuff isn't going to be perfect on every play and when the ball comes your way you got to catch it.

agreed, but hes a 22 year old kid playing in his 7th career NFL game.

you have to admit what hes been able to do as a rookie WR with no summer camp, no preseason, and no action til week 7, is still highly impressive. he isnt superman. its like everyones bagging on him because he didnt make the catch of the day to win the game. if he was a 3-4 year vet then id have some beef, but hes just a kid. hes brand new to the NFL. cut him some slack.

its like hes been so impressive so far for his experience level, that everyone is mad at him now for not being the big hero. it wouldve been a very difficult catch even if he was ready for it.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

lol nice, although they both look like theyve been using "touch of gray" in their hair. "for a look that says i know what im doing, but i can also get it done."
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Quote:

Link

No he's not blaming smith. He's blaming the oline clearly that is what is holding this team back from being 8-8.
Yep. Alex had to pull the trigger early. Crabs hadn't even got his head around yet. He'll get better at that as time goes on. They'll all get better with more reps.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
Yep. Alex had to pull the trigger early. Crabs hadn't even got his head around yet. He'll get better at that as time goes on. They'll all get better with more reps.

Like that throw by matt. Ball is out based on were he trust his receiver to be, guy caught it in self defense.
Crabs did not duck. He tried to throw his hands behind his head to catch the ball. It looked like he ducked but he really didn't. The retarded announcers said that he was preparing for the hit which was not true either.

Quote:

Link

Agreed. A good receiver is looking to catch the ball throughout his route. Rarely in the NFL is a play ran perfectly. There are always player adjustments etc.
crabtree wasnt expecting the ball b/c he wasnt done running the route. The ball was thrown early b/c of the blitz. The problem wasnt this play. It was the play before when VD dropped the potential game winning td.

[ Edited by dr8van on Dec 7, 2009 at 06:12:03 ]
Everyone had their chance to win this game. We failed. No specific one person can be blamed. The entire Niner team sucked in the second half.
The guys a friggin' rook. Give him a break. He is putting up better numbers than almost any other rookie out there. All-Pro within three years.

Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Everyone had their chance to win this game. We failed. No specific one person can be blamed. The entire Niner team sucked in the second half.

I say Patrick Willis and Alex Smith were the only players to really step up.

People should be really questioning the hands of VD. Ok, I've heard the comment that even great players drop balls. Well, usually great players come up big in big situations. VD did not and actually he didn't need to. All VD had to do was catch the ball that hit him in the hands.
Share 49ersWebzone