There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree ducked the game winner!

Originally posted by smifunk:
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Let's keep spreading the blame. Right after Smith throws a strike to Vernon Davis that was dropped in the endzone, he throws a strike to Crabtree, who ducks the ball and the defender never attempting to catch the ball.

Someone should make a .gif or whatever video of this chicken$hi* act. It will rival the Brandon Lloyd duck. I was highly disappointed in this because Crabtree is supposed to be unafraid to go over the middle, etc. Well, I think he peed his pants on that play and cowered to the turf.

Alex Smith played his heart out today. He threw the game winning TD pass twice, and one was dropped, and the other was ducked.

I am so frustrated. Excuse me while I go puke.

I watched the Crabtree plays a few times on my DVR during the game to see if he really "ducked". If you look at it again he never saw the ball until it was too late to react.

This is true, that ball came right the middle of him and two defenders getting ready to tee off majorly. He didn't see the ball till it glanced off the traffic in the endzone. Meaning him, and the other two.

That wasn't the only game winner that hit the turf..

Just a totally stupid loss, how anticlimactic is the Monday night game going to be now.

Raye and Sing, a play calling match made in hell. They blew the 3rd quarter by trying to protect a tie game in my opinion, then didn't open it up again till they had to..

When will they learn not to screw with a something that is working...
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
fukin pusssy
Its one thing to drop a ball. Its quite another to just puss out like Crabtree did on that throw. Fricking embarassing.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by smifunk:
Let's keep spreading the blame. Right after Smith throws a strike to Vernon Davis that was dropped in the endzone, he throws a strike to Crabtree, who ducks the ball and the defender never attempting to catch the ball.

Someone should make a .gif or whatever video of this chicken$hi* act. It will rival the Brandon Lloyd duck. I was highly disappointed in this because Crabtree is supposed to be unafraid to go over the middle, etc. Well, I think he peed his pants on that play and cowered to the turf.

Alex Smith played his heart out today. He threw the game winning TD pass twice, and one was dropped, and the other was ducked.

I watched the Crabtree plays a few times on my DVR during the game to see if he really "ducked". If you look at it again he never saw the ball until it was too late to react.

This is true, that ball came right the middle of him and two defenders getting ready to tee off majorly. He didn't see the ball till it glanced off the traffic in the endzone. Meaning him, and the other two.

That wasn't the only game winner that hit the turf..

Just a totally stupid loss, how anticlimactic is the Monday night game going to be now.

Raye and Sing, a play calling match made in hell. They blew the 3rd quarter by trying to protect a tie game in my opinion, then didn't open it up again till they had to..

When will they learn not to screw with a something that is working...

I don't think that they were trying to protect anything other then the turnovers. All but one possession that we had in the 3rd were inside the 15 yard line They had to be conservative in that situation. Smith and the offense couldn't get out of those holes. I have to give it up to the defense in the 3rd, they consistently stopped the Seahawks starting at mid field. Blame the special team in the 3rd. They couldn't get us decent field positions.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 6, 2009 at 19:32:58 ]
I'm not blaming Crabtree for the loss but if he wants to get paid like we all know he does, he better make those f**king catches dammit.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Its one thing to drop a ball. Its quite another to just puss out like Crabtree did on that throw. Fricking embarassing.

Gore, Crabtree, Davis, and Walker all blew the game for us today, f**k every one of them, they cost us any hopes for the playoffs by playing like f**king 6 year olds when it mattered most.

they let a lot of people down today, I hope they remember this for a looooong time.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Alex could have had a lot more yards and completions today. At least 6 drops.

There were 9 drops

9 huge drops. Last week we had the same problem, but it was all good since we won. It came back to bite us.

Agree!
It's still Roman's fault. If he covered Greg Lewis like he was supposed to, the Niners would have still been undefeated.

Oh wait.......
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I'm not blaming Crabtree for the loss but if he wants to get paid like we all know he does, he better make those f**king catches dammit.

agreed. Probably his biggest mistake so far.
He didn't duck. If U tivo it you can see he reaches behind his head after it went behind him. If he would have looked at Smith through his route it would have been a TD.
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
How many drops for VD in the last two weeks ? If he had great hands he may be the best TE in football , but he don't ......

He has dropped quite a few that have killed drives.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Im pretty sure the ball had already passed him b4 he even got his head around to find it

this.

thread over.

That's impossible...those were both Alex Smith's fault. He threw the first too high and the second too late...same old Alex.

J/K...that is the line the AS haters will use. Smith is the real deal...for once the organization is letting AS do what he does best and that is the shotgun. He had a career day today and was let down big time by his teamates...Vernon, Crabtree, Gore etc...AS was a probowler today.
Quote:
On the next play, Smith was forced to throw early to Michael Crabtree on a post pattern. The play was designed for the back of the end zone. When Crabtree turned at the front of the end zone, the ball was already on him.

"He didn't have time to throw the route I was running," Crabtree said.

Link
The drops by VD and Crabtree are especially disturbing. Davis is dropping at least a couple a game, often potential TD's and Crabtree, who supposedly had few drops in college, has already exceeded that in half a season in the pros. I think he's averaging 1 per game. Sure, Jerry started the same way, so we can give Crabtree a little slack, btu Davis seems to be reverting to his hands of stone persona. As for Crabtree, he doesn't have Jerry's upside, especially in the speed dept., so he better get his $hite together and quick. The drops alone today (incl the fumble) , cost us the game. Add the game management, or lack thereof, and we didn't have a chance. The good news is, all is correctable or improveable, but if you start talking about playoffs for this year, I'd say please refer to the classic Coach Mora press conference on same. We need to just concentrate on getting better and maybe, for once, putting an entire game together.