LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

On a better note!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by young9er:
I usually avoid ninertalk on sunday and especially after a loss like today. But IMO there are alot of positive things going on this season that are MUCH more encouraging than anything we saw in the past three seasons.

I am really happy with what I am seeing on offense. At this point there is real reason to believe we have football players in ASmith, VD, and our WR's. This is great because we really need those high draft picks next year to fix our remaining holes in the roster and not revisit these positions over and over. Plus since our starting WR's are a rookie and 2nd year player, I really feel we have alot of upside at that position in the future. We have some gaps on the OL and RB to fill but this is a managable problem now. I am not a huge Jimmy Raye fan but at this point I really hope he stays another season. We've seen the results of switching offensive coordinators every season and hopefully with some continuity year over year the offense can show the same kind of overall improvement in execution the defense did with Manusky.

Frankly in 2006 and 2008 we were a worse team than our 7-9 records would let on. We got lucky those years and overachieved. This year is different. This year I actually believe we are BETTER than our 5-7 record would indicate. 6 of our 7 loses were by a TD or less. We used to have blow out loses 5-6 times a season. We're still a young team and our most important pieces still have alot of room for development/improvement.

blah blah blah blah blah

Oh jeez, how grown of you. I personally agree with the guy

I hope we are in a position to get Berry!
I usually avoid ninertalk on sunday and especially after a loss like today. But IMO there are alot of positive things going on this season that are MUCH more encouraging than anything we saw in the past three seasons.

I am really happy with what I am seeing on offense. At this point there is real reason to believe we have football players in ASmith, VD, and our WR's. This is great because we really need those high draft picks next year to fix our remaining holes in the roster and not revisit these positions over and over. Plus since our starting WR's are a rookie and 2nd year player, I really feel we have alot of upside at that position in the future. We have some gaps on the OL and RB to fill but this is a managable problem now. I am not a huge Jimmy Raye fan but at this point I really hope he stays another season. We've seen the results of switching offensive coordinators every season and hopefully with some continuity year over year the offense can show the same kind of overall improvement in execution the defense did with Manusky.

Frankly in 2006 and 2008 we were a worse team than our 7-9 records would let on. We got lucky those years and overachieved. This year is different. This year I actually believe we are BETTER than our 5-7 record would indicate. 6 of our 7 loses were by a TD or less. We used to have blow out loses 5-6 times a season. We're still a young team and our most important pieces still have alot of room for development/improvement.

blah blah blah blah blah

Me too.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
The Homers on this site will always take the Chickensh*t this team gives their fans and think they are eating chocolate chips...

We probably have the worst fanbase in professional football. Hell, the opposition sometimes out-tailgates us at home games.

No wonder there's no sense of urgency by front management. They just keep throwing us (the dogs) some biscuits, and we keep smiling.....

Totally agree. But lets not become the Brown's fan base, they put too much pressure on their front office, sometimes you need to be patience.

Patience = waiting 5 years to make the playoffs.

We've almoist doubled that time. If by patience, you mean Chicago Cubs or Boston RedSox "patient", then Id have to disagree with you.........

so you guys are basically stating that we should rebuild again ? what do you want the front office to do ? they've signed big name free agents year in and year out and have drafted willis, gore, davis, and crabtree who are all great. our setbacks have been on the offensive coordinators and the smith's late arrival. we do have to draft better in the mid rounds as well

Not at all. If anything, we need to stop building for the future (draft) and build for NOW. We have some great players here. We just need to give them the tools to excel. Gore had his record rushing season 3 years ago ! What have we done for him since then ? Absolutely nothing, and now its gotten to the point that we may need to get him some help through FA. The draft is good for two reasons:

1) you're young and rebuilding
2) you have a successful veteran team and are finding replacements for players that will eventually retire.

We are neither of the 2, so why put all our marbles in the draft every year. Time to become aggressive through FA, and sign some key players for the oline, safety, pass rusher, and a QB.
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:

blah blah blah blah blah

Me too.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The progress is great. There is NO team in the NFL that feels good playing the 49ers.

A lot of fans are really pissed and discouraged but when you look at the big picture we are sitting very very pretty.
Share 49ersWebzone