There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

On a better note!

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Another good push by the front D linemen, Lawson really beginning to show up, skies the limit for him. Sadly at this point the limits the sky for the team.

Lawson still makes too many mistakes to be a star in this league. Brooks however has been impressive in the limited snaps he's seen this season and today.

I agree. Lawson apparently only plays best when his job is on the line. This was the most fired up and emotional I have ever seen him. If Lawson had ANY closing speed at all, he would be a much much better 3-4 OLB. It was interesting at the every end of the game, when we needed a stop, the coaching staff went with Brooks. Good call.

BTW: Can we PLEASE stop with the "Lawson is great in coverage" facade? He's average, at best and got burned bad today and that "coverage mentality" is often times what leads him to always be 1/2 a step away from making a play, IMHO.
We need about ten first round picks. I know no team can afford that. I'm just really discouraged by today's game.
The bad overrides the good for me. I still feel..
I said it a few weeks back & i still feel the same way...........

I HATE BEING A NINER FAN RIGHT NOW!!

Here's a thought......who gives a ****? Another year away out of the playoffs and the Niners talent level is still woefully inadequate.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
The Homers on this site will always take the Chickensh*t this team gives their fans and think they are eating chocolate chips...

We probably have the worst fanbase in professional football. Hell, the opposition sometimes out-tailgates us at home games.

No wonder there's no sense of urgency by front management. They just keep throwing us (the dogs) some biscuits, and we keep smiling.....

Ugh

so true.

Even worse those few of us who dont get blinded by the s**tty wins or the stats we get eat to s**t on this board.

The 49ers will never EVER make it to the playoffs until they man up coaches, players and most importantly the FO.
I usually avoid ninertalk on sunday and especially after a loss like today. But IMO there are alot of positive things going on this season that are MUCH more encouraging than anything we saw in the past three seasons.

I am really happy with what I am seeing on offense. At this point there is real reason to believe we have football players in ASmith, VD, and our WR's. This is great because we really need those high draft picks next year to fix our remaining holes in the roster and not revisit these positions over and over. Plus since our starting WR's are a rookie and 2nd year player, I really feel we have alot of upside at that position in the future. We have some gaps on the OL and RB to fill but this is a managable problem now. I am not a huge Jimmy Raye fan but at this point I really hope he stays another season. We've seen the results of switching offensive coordinators every season and hopefully with some continuity year over year the offense can show the same kind of overall improvement in execution the defense did with Manusky.

Frankly in 2006 and 2008 we were a worse team than our 7-9 records would let on. We got lucky those years and overachieved. This year is different. This year I actually believe we are BETTER than our 5-7 record would indicate. 6 of our 7 loses were by a TD or less. We used to have blow out loses 5-6 times a season. We're still a young team and our most important pieces still have alot of room for development/improvement.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
The pass rush was good, Ahmad Brooks played well, as did Lawson. Our secondary is the problem, we have to go safety and cornerback pretty high in the draft.

Trade up for Eric Berry please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
The pass rush was good, Ahmad Brooks played well, as did Lawson. Our secondary is the problem, we have to go safety and cornerback pretty high in the draft.

Yeah i am thinking about that!
Originally posted by young9er:
I usually avoid ninertalk on sunday and especially after a loss like today. But IMO there are alot of positive things going on this season that are MUCH more encouraging than anything we saw in the past three seasons.

I am really happy with what I am seeing on offense. At this point there is real reason to believe we have football players in ASmith, VD, and our WR's. This is great because we really need those high draft picks next year to fix our remaining holes in the roster and not revisit these positions over and over. Plus since our starting WR's are a rookie and 2nd year player, I really feel we have alot of upside at that position in the future. We have some gaps on the OL and RB to fill but this is a managable problem now. I am not a huge Jimmy Raye fan but at this point I really hope he stays another season. We've seen the results of switching offensive coordinators every season and hopefully with some continuity year over year the offense can show the same kind of overall improvement in execution the defense did with Manusky.

Frankly in 2006 and 2008 we were a worse team than our 7-9 records would let on. We got lucky those years and overachieved. This year is different. This year I actually believe we are BETTER than our 5-7 record would indicate. 6 of our 7 loses were by a TD or less. We used to have blow out loses 5-6 times a season. We're still a young team and our most important pieces still have alot of room for development/improvement.

blah blah blah blah blah
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Make it happen.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Make it happen.

Fire McClueless and the clueless ownership...and then you might get some smart decisions...
Originally posted by young9er:

blah blah blah blah blah

Oh jeez, how grown of you. I personally agree with the guy
5 losses by 7 points or less we are real close to turning it around.
Originally posted by niners94:
The Homers on this site will always take the Chickensh*t this team gives their fans and think they are eating chocolate chips...

We probably have the worst fanbase in professional football. Hell, the opposition sometimes out-tailgates us at home games.

No wonder there's no sense of urgency by front management. They just keep throwing us (the dogs) some biscuits, and we keep smiling.....

Totally agree. But lets not become the Brown's fan base, they put too much pressure on their front office, sometimes you need to be patience.

Patience = waiting 5 years to make the playoffs.

We've almoist doubled that time. If by patience, you mean Chicago Cubs or Boston RedSox "patient", then Id have to disagree with you.........

so you guys are basically stating that we should rebuild again ? what do you want the front office to do ? they've signed big name free agents year in and year out and have drafted willis, gore, davis, and crabtree who are all great. our setbacks have been on the offensive coordinators and the smith's late arrival. we do have to draft better in the mid rounds as well