There are 260 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who are you feeling better about right now?

Who are you feeling better about right now?

I haven't felt good about Gore in a while, seems like a lot of people are living in the fairy tale world where the past is what matters

I don't see Gore making the runs the super stars make, even if the blocking is good.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I haven't felt good about Gore in a while, seems like a lot of people are living in the fairy tale world where the past is what matters

I don't see Gore making the runs the super stars make, even if the blocking is good.

think those knee surgeries are finally catching up with him ?
IN gore's defense we don't exactly call the game for him and we haven't been able to block for him when we do. Frank is still a great talent. The question is this. Does he help the team win? Or can we help him help the team win?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

think those knee surgeries are finally catching up with him ?

I don't know, the o-line usually isn't helping him but even when they are I don't see a super star anymore, those quick passes to him lined up wide,loses his footing doesn't gain the yards he should have.

I don't know what's up but it saddens me

I really think this is the unfortunate reality that we now find ourselves.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ZRF80:
2 words: REGGIE BUSH.

Huh? first the guy can''t stay healthy and secondly the Saints can't use him why would the 9ers want him
Originally posted by 9ermj:

Huh? first the guy can''t stay healthy and secondly the Saints can't use him why would the 9ers want him

true bush is injury prone, but the thing is we need someone more agile in a spread type offense, not someone bulky and more of a bruiser like gore is.
Alex Smith is the best he has ever been this season. IMO he is WAY LEGIT at this point. We need more surrounding players and we need a HC who is not a BONEHEAD who runs reverse plays when you have a 7 - 0 lead on special teams. And not kicking the FG and taking the points that later come back to haunt you. Our HC is terrible. He is more of a motivator than a HC.
Honestly Gore has had nothing to run behind this season, and I would argue when he does have any holes this season he is the most explosive we have ever seen him. He is faster than I have ever seen him before (in past years has always been cuaght from behind on long runs, not this year).

He is argueably the best blocking back in the league and can catch the ball as well as any HB in the league. Recently he has not heard his number called and when he does he has no daylight to run too, both things that you can't blame on Gore himself.

The fumble today was very unfortunate, but still compared to past seasons he is actually holding the ball more securely.

It would be too bad if he doesn't get his 1,000 yards on the ground for a 4th consecutive year, but he is not to blame for this and he is still the Frank Gore we know and love.

Hopefully over the offseason we get Alex more comfortable under center and get our young Oline to relize some of their run blocking potential (on paper we have a bunch of mualers), and then next season we would have a chance to have a more ballanced offensive attack.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I don't blame Gore. The line can't block, and when we line up in singleback it's obvious that we're running since Alex can't throw from it.

I know everybody's in love with this spread but one of the biggest drawbacks of it is you can't run effectively out of Shotgun.

Bingo the offense is way to one dimensional. Once Seattle adjusted at halftime the offense went in the tank. No balance at means no wins at all. But the o line can't run block

Then how, once we got aggressive again, Did we drive the ball 75 yards from the one and again from the 35 with Smith looking like a world-beater. He played great. He should have had 5 TDs. Drops cost him big.
SMITH for sure!
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 9ermj:

We're planning on running the spread, right ? Did you watch Gore today ? He couldnt even get his legs underneath him. It's sad to say this, but I think Gore's best days are behind him. If we want to prolong his career, we have to convert him to a short yardage back willing to hit the holes when called upon. He doesnt look comfortable in the spread at all; someone like Bush would fit perfectly cause he could serve play both RB and WR in the spread.
The problem with gore is the offensive line. They are looking better in pass blocking situations because Smith is getting rid of it quicker. They are still not very good, time to upgrade the coaching for the oline and also make those guys hit the weights hard and quit being driven back into the backfield.

lol good one.
This si crazy.

Alex of course

But Frank is still a great back people need to back the f**k off AP has bad games