There are 198 users in the forums

Who are you feeling better about right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who are you feeling better about right now?

Alex... but barely though.. nice #s but didn't get it done when we needed it.

Honestly Gore is a concern for the long term. This is the NFL.
He needs to be waaaay better. Otherwise we move aggressively towards reinvigorating that position in the Draft.

CJ Spiller any one?
Alex played damn near perfect football. There were 9-10 dropped passes today, not to mention 3 dropped TD passes. Alex is only to blame for some 3rd down conversions, nothing more.
gore has been on the decline since the 1700 yard season, he is just getting older for a RB, nothing to be a ashamed of its just RB is a young mans position, happens to the best ( look at LT ). I say we should draft a RB in the draft though lots of em in the draft to get ingram, gerhart, joe mcknight, jahvid best, cj spiller.

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Dec 6, 2009 at 17:06:46 ]
  • ZRF80
2 words: REGGIE BUSH.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:

as a receiver?

i'm still down with signing reggie. he won't be our starting back but he'll be an awesome 2nd back and great special teams returner
The line is playing much better and Gore still isn't getting any yards.

Alex is taking it to the next level.
No playoffs
I don't blame Gore. The line can't block, and when we line up in singleback it's obvious that we're running since Alex can't throw from it.

I know everybody's in love with this spread but one of the biggest drawbacks of it is you can't run effectively out of Shotgun.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 6, 2009 at 17:08:56 ]
  • chrisc0727
  • Info N/A
is this a real thread..what niner fan is gunna go with gore?..we need a speed back thats not just gunna lay down when they get the ball in the flat

We can keep both next year. We just need to add another RB to go in the spread, shotgun. When we go Pro-set, Gore will be fine. And Smith can operate a pro set offense. It's a misconception because he didn't come from one in college but, under center and pro set Smith will good with that too.
Alex shouldn't even be in this thread, he played a good game. Vernon had a drop in the endzone, Crab ducked a pass, Gore fumbled, Arnaz/Jones botched return. Those were the crucial mistakes.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I don't blame Gore. The line can't block, and when we line up in singleback it's obvious that we're running since Alex can't throw from it.

I know everybody's in love with this spread but one of the biggest drawbacks of it is you can't run effectively out of Shotgun.

Bingo the offense is way to one dimensional. Once Seattle adjusted at halftime the offense went in the tank. No balance at means no wins at all. But the o line can't run block
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by lazy:

as a receiver?

In the spread......YES ! Did you see Gore today when we slid him over as the receiver ? he caught the ball, and stumbled his way forward for 5 yards each and every time. I think its about time we made him our short yardage RB and got someone like Bush to execute the spread.........
Share 49ersWebzone