There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Soft 49er Schedule in 2010

We play the AFC West and the NFC South.

If we finish in 2nd place, we'll have matchups vs. GB and the NFC East runner-up. If we finish in 3rd place, we get to play Chicago and the NFC East 3rd Place team.
Sweeet. Can't wait to see what Drew Bress can do to our weak secondary. I hope I have him on my fantasy team next year!
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Sweeet. Can't wait to see what Drew Bress can do to our weak secondary. I hope I have him on my fantasy team next year!

The same weak secondary that shut down Manning? Shut down Fitz & Boldin, Andre Johnson? Brett Favre, besides one throw (and that was Roman, everybody has a bum on their team) 5 picks against Cutler?

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

The same weak secondary that shut down Manning? Shut down Fitz & Boldin, Andre Johnson? Brett Favre, besides one throw (and that was Roman, everybody has a bum on their team) 5 picks against Cutler?

Yea we shut them down until when we really need it.
Don't think the AFC West is a cakewalk. SD is always good, Denver is good, and Oakland is coming up with big wins as of late.

The secondary still does have it's bright spots, that's for sure. And it's surely not the worst in the league. But one thing that's for sure is that there's a lot of room for improvement. We're allowing 256.5 pass yards a game. 29th best in the NFL. Much of this is due to not converting 3rd downs and the defense being on the field a lot. But I'd like to see much more consistency out of this group, which they surely do not. Having Clements out hurts a lot.

Your idea of shut down must be way off.

Shut down would be forcing the qb into frustration, and like 10/21 180 yards passing (something like shaun hill stats)

Not giving up like 400 yards passing to peyton manning, or 300+ to favre. That is not shut down, that is nolan bend but dont break defense.

If Roman is still on this team next year someone needs to punch McLoughan in the face.
this team can have a GREAT defense, im telling you if we get peppers and eric berry this defense would be scary.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Don't think the AFC West is a cakewalk. SD is always good, Denver is good, and Oakland is coming up with big wins as of late.

SERIOUS....right...wow and doing it without CLEMENTS, our best all around CB.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

If Roman is still on this team next year someone needs to punch McLoughan in the face.

Man!!!!....I'm so tired of Roman.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Man!!!!....I'm so tired of Roman.

Better than Keith Smith...that's not saying much.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

EVERY YEAR.

When will people stop acting like they know how the schedule will turn out.

You may judge what kind of schedule it was after we have played it.

EVERY YEAR with this post