LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Another Offseason of the Woulda/Coulda/Shouldas....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Once again, this team fails to get us into the playoffs. And of course, for the 3rd year in a row........we have this warm fuzzy feeling inside that we are on to something when it comes to next year.

Well, Im sick of this s**t. Our team always seems to fall just short of being a contender. We have to make changes this offseason, whether its coaching, shoring up our oline/dline......or even finding playmakers to plug key holes. No mre draft. The time to win is NOW. The draft can be used to shape our future, while we are making the transition from NOW to THEN.

We better be damn aggressive in FA this year. Key players need to plug up some holes and then we can make a playoff run next year.

Another sad offseason for us folks.....
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Once again, this team fails to get us into the playoffs. And of course, for the 3rd year in a row........we have this warm fuzzy feeling inside that we are on to something when it comes to next year.

Well, Im sick of this s**t. Our team always seems to fall just short of being a contender. We have to make changes this offseason, whether its coaching, shoring up our oline/dline......or even finding playmakers to plug key holes. No mre draft. The time to win is NOW. The draft can be used to shape our future, while we are making the transition from NOW to THEN.

We better be damn aggressive in FA this year. Key players need to plug up some holes and then we can make a playoff run next year.

dunno how aggressive one can be if there is no CBA approved. And sad is simply a matter of perspective. I prefer optimistic.
i know man. it's getting hard. i don't want to be emotionally vested in this team, but i am. so much heartbreak every year recently.
Time to get started on the scouting and draft process. The Niners have to look to the future AGAIN.
Getting Nate back will be nice. I think we need to target a few big names in the secondary. I was finally impressed with the pass rush today, but we need a little more and a lot more consistency. Gah.

And obviously Oline. They've been playing their hearts off, but there are still better players out there...
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Time to get started on the scouting and draft process. The Niners have to look to the future AGAIN.

uh, were you expecting the SB? They were going to have to look towards the future AGAIN, even if they got into the playoff.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Getting Nate back will be nice. I think we need to target a few big names in the secondary. I was finally impressed with the pass rush today, but we need a little more and a lot more consistency. Gah.

And obviously Oline. They've been playing their hearts off, but there are still better players out there...

Nate doesn't play up to what he is paid.

Go root for another team then. I like the way we're going. We only have to tighten it up and get more experience.
Originally posted by Peanut49:

heh what did you expect though man, this ownership got NO impact players in free agency this year with all the ton of cap space they had, this ownership is bringing us down. This is pretty much the same team as last year.

[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Dec 6, 2009 at 17:01:30 ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Spoonerism:

Go root for another team then. I like the way we're going. We only have to tighten it up and get more experience.

If you like the way we are going then you know not one thing about football
Originally posted by Peanut49:

I don't care what he's paid. I agree you with that. But our secondary is much, much better with him out there. Maybe enough to cause enough havoc to where the 49ers were on top of this game.

The contract was already signed. Can't worry about that now. That's football, take your chances on signing to get star players. He might not be the star we were all hoping for, but he is our best CB at the moment.
2 O LINEMAN and a great player on D (either a DE or SAFETY) and we are set. Thanks Carolina for the pick
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

heh what did you expect though man, this ownership got NO impact players in free agency this year with all the ton of cap space they had, this ownership is bringing us down. This is pretty much the same team as last year.

I think a big reason for that was because we finished so strong last year. Hill looked like the next "big" thing in the NFL; the defense was coming around, and our offense was playing lights out at times (hmmm, sounds familiar). All the more reason why we shouldnt fall for that trap AGAIN and be aggressive in FA this year.

The draft is great for the future, but we have a chance to succeed now. FA will help us do that.
Well until they fill the holes ( Passrusher, Insidelinemen) I will not have a warm and fuzzy feeling.

If they fill those holes the feeling could return.
Share 49ersWebzone