There are 174 users in the forums

Give one to the officials!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We got a gift on the Crabtree PI call. Let's not pretend that every call went against us.

How do u figure that? The CB did grab Crabtree before the ball arrived. You picked that play because it was the only call against Seattle all day.

Pretty hard choice man they were just flag magnets all day.

I woulda picked ummmmmm

Yeah that one.

~Ceadder
Thank you refs for killing our playoffs hopes!!!!!

I bet there paycheck this week is pretty fat.
Good teams overcome bad refs.

If we had not messed up that punt return OR (not and) Gore didn't let that ball get punched out we could have over came those penalties and won. That being said, had the refs called a fair game we also could have won.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Envy:
Well most home sides get the bias if there is any. Except for Pats and the Saints now for some reason. Really though it was a poorly officiated game but not just for us. Seattle got some bulls**t calls also.

No excuse for our faults though. Fumbles, dropped passes and some serious brain farts at the decision making lead to our loss.

I agree the seahwaks got some BS calls but it seemed like our BS calls came in situations where it was a scoring oppurtunity or a crucial first down.

Ummmm they had a False Start call.

And they had the PI.

Two freakin calls. Two? When I see BLATANT holding?

By blatant I mean a Lineman Had our guy in the V of his pads and SWUNG him out of the play with it on one play. On another the ENTIRE Line had our guys upright with TUCKED fingers in their jerseys.

But that stuff only started after Manny got to Hass and created the turnover.And I don't have to point out how we get flagged for the weak ass ticky tack crap in comparison do I?

I think not.

~Ceadder
The easiest blunder to see was definetly the PI, but they also missed multiple offsides calls of the Cards and a couple blatent holds.

With that said, one should expect the home team to get the calls and we still shoulda won. But didn't
You know I've never been one to blame officials for our team losing except for today. We had ZERO calls go our way. Delanie got dam near tackled and nothing was called. The Terrell Brown call was just as bad
Originally posted by Hopper:
The Refs didn't drop 9 balls and fumble twice.

You've heard of induced penalties right?

I say half that was just that. Induced by horrible officiating.

~Ceadder
While I agree we got shafted by the officials, Sing made some really bad decisions.

A reverse on the punt return when you are dominating?

Not running the clock out at the end of the game when you are at your 10 yard line?

Burning mulitple time outs in the first quarter?
  • Steve
  • Info N/A
There are missed calls in every game, but I think this is the worst case of officiating I have seen this year. Seems like someone could complain and at least punish these bad and non calls. We should have won this game regardless, but we know that it was tilted by the officiating. I don't think they are cheating, but should be out as an official with a certain number of bad calls in a season. Maybe a point system for non calls and bad calls. Maybe the rules they follow need to be more clearly defined. Some games, we see bad calls on against both teams and at least it it consistant. Others, like today, seem awful one sided.
Rough game

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Hopper:
The Refs didn't drop 9 balls and fumble twice.

You've heard of induced penalties right?

I say half that was just that. Induced by horrible officiating.

~Ceadder

2 turnovers led to 10 points. induced penalties is a sorry excuse.
Nobody can argue that our team played like sh*t today.

However and despite that, we still would have won the game if the refs called it honestly.

Seattle's team is really THAT BAD!

I have read all of the comments about how a great team doesn't complain about the refs, but the truth is, the refs cost us this game, even taking into account our crappy play.

I am sure they were well paid for their anti-49er collusion.

[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Dec 6, 2009 at 19:46:56 ]
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
You hate to blame the refs. But the Niners were shafted several times today.

It still feels like we gave away this game though.

Well said. Both did happen today.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Is it just me or was Seattle pushed back into their endzone and the refs decided to blow the whistle on the one inch line due to lack of forward progress while the RB was still moving backwards. Or when they blow the whistle on the jones fumble a second before the ball comes out (reminds me of the GB games).

Yes good teams overcome these penalties and we had the opportunities. Remember we only lost one game by more than 6 points. Last season to cover the spread was an accomplishment.
Originally posted by nj9er:
Is it just me or was Seattle pushed back into their endzone and the refs decided to blow the whistle on the one inch line due to lack of forward progress while the RB was still moving backwards. Or when they blow the whistle on the jones fumble a second before the ball comes out (reminds me of the GB games).

Yes good teams overcome these penalties and we had the opportunities. Remember we only lost one game by more than 6 points. Last season to cover the spread was an accomplishment.

Yeah I agree.

I'm sure Singletary doesn't want to say it because he'll get fined, but the refs SUCKED
Share 49ersWebzone