LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Dropped Passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by prime21:
THE DROPS HURT OUR TEAM INDEFINITELY, BUT THEY ARE NOT THE REASON WE LOST, THE FINAL POSSESSION IS THE REASON WE LOST. EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE THE GAME WAS OVER AFTER THOSE TWO CONSECUTIVE DROPS, NO, WE HAD ANOTHER POSSESSION WITH THE GAME STILL TIED, AND ALEX/JIMMY CHOKED!

Stop posting this nonsense, it is making you look foolish.
I can't believe Vernon quoted trying to put a blame on the throw that he dropped in the Endzone.

He said he didn't know where the ball was going. Man up, Vernon! You knew where it was going because it slipped through your hands.
Maybe Brandon Jones deserves a little more work out there. He showed good hands reaching out to snatch that pass thrown behind him. Good receivers don't just catch the perfect passes. They catch anything around them within reach.
Dropped Passes=Season Over
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Maybe Brandon Jones deserves a little more work out there. He showed good hands reaching out to snatch that pass thrown behind him. Good receivers don't just catch the perfect passes. They catch anything around them within reach.

Wow...U & I agree on something.
Originally posted by prime21:
THE DROPS HURT OUR TEAM INDEFINITELY, BUT THEY ARE NOT THE REASON WE LOST, THE FINAL POSSESSION IS THE REASON WE LOST. EVERYONE IS ACTING LIKE THE GAME WAS OVER AFTER THOSE TWO CONSECUTIVE DROPS, NO, WE HAD ANOTHER POSSESSION WITH THE GAME STILL TIED, AND ALEX/JIMMY CHOKED!

This is funny, He did a great job. Sorry but we should have won this game in a BLOW OUT! Sorry VD can't catch, MC can't catch & Gore can't hold the ball. Oh yea, and we spot them the ball on like our 20 with another fumble. Until guys like VD, MC, catch the balls they should catch and we don't fumble away games we will continue to lose. We could have had this game sealed and delivered but we gave it away.
Not including this weeks games VD is tied for 7th and Crabs tied for 11th in drops in the NFC and VD is tied for 16th and Crabs 20th in the league.
Nobody is mentioning it and its not a valid excuse IMO. But with that said we are not a cold weather team. I`m guessing the drops had a lot to do with cold hands. IDK
Our receivers have improved, and VD is playing much better over all. None the less, the drops killed us yesterday; dropped passes(9), dropped punt, dropped fumble. Those are all mental mistakes. Smith had the ball to them, it is the WRs job to catch them, not drop them. We are at the point of making the transition from poor team to good team and it is hard to make that jump. We have the playmakers now, it is now time to complete the mental process into the next level.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I can't believe Vernon quoted trying to put a blame on the throw that he dropped in the Endzone.

He said he didn't know where the ball was going. Man up, Vernon! You knew where it was going because it slipped through your hands.

This is a serious problem! The recievers have been alluding to Smith being responsible for their problems for several games now, and it's getting more blatant. Singletary needs to take them aside and explain how damaging to the team that can be, or Smith needs to stand up in a meeting and tell them to shut up and do their jobs. Is he too nice? Then Singletary needs to be more than a moivational speaker...possibly bench VD again if he makes another similar comment. And Crabtree? A rookie blaming the QB? The OLinemen should stick up for their QB and knock some sense into the WR/TEs heads. Can you imagine the line of the 80s putting up with this nonsense?

Larry Bird use to hit team mates in the face with the ball when they weren't paying attention. Smith did that today and he is getting blamed?

• Mex49
Originally posted by niners94:
Pro Bowlers make that catch...
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by niners94:
Pro Bowlers make that catch...

hell, i make that catch 9 out of 10 times
It was the biggest problem in the game for the team. But, outside of Davis, I believe this was just one of those weeks. I don't see a trend.
The hilarious one was Crabtree bracing for impact instead of making a play on the ball in the endzone. Our guys just need to grow up
Dropped passes costed us the game
Share 49ersWebzone